Page 4 of 184 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Would anyone mind posting a step by step guide for us noobs?

Like, for example, I downloaded the program, unzipped it, and now there are a bunch of folders (Ca, Com, Net, Org, etc) on my desktop. Now what do I Do? I see no setup file to actually install the app?

Similarly once it is installed, what does one do?
    A numbered step by step would be great...
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I emailed you with my problem
    hopefully you can help me
    Hello I want to try out some homebrew apps, and I have a question how you turn on the devmode? am I supposed to do this on the palm pre phone? I am stuck on this step don't know what exactly to do here.
    * DevMode enabled
    o This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.

Also I am running windows xp where exactly i download the novacom file? and fyi I allready installed the sdk file.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Nevermind Jason, I reinstalled the SDK and it worked.
    Device Mgmt is awesome. Any chance you could add the version of each app installed?

Any possibility that you could add an option for checking for updates of installed apps? That way we just have to connect the Pre to our computer and updates are made for any apps with them instead of having to find all of the updated apps manually. This is a really great app. Keep up the good work man. Kudos.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I installed the sdk and it connects now and im waiting for it to install the program
    Is anyone noticing a max number of apps that can be installed? My first screen has 59 apps total installed many of which are HB. If I delete one, I am allowed to install to replace it. I find this odd. I have 4GB disk space available on the phone. It's been happening today and it's happening with both FC and this installer. Any ideas?

Edit: I removed some apps and new ones installed with no trouble. It appears that there is some sort of limit. This is not cool. I should be able to put as many apps as I want to on my phone.
    Last edited by cajunlibra; 07/25/2009 at 09:00 PM.
    Jason, Thanks a mil again, your the man!!! Not very often you come across a smart and patient dude!!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Is this for Leopard only on Mac?
    No Device Found...
    Excellente!! Most Humble Appreciation. Pre is beginning to be very cool to own for us non-programmers, thanks to you. Bring on the Homebrew Apps. (please?)
    Jason, Thank You for all of your work on this.
    I am a new at this, and I had it installed and working in short order.
    First thing I done was installed "My Notification" and it worked perfect.
    No matter what I do I keep getting the same ERROR: No Device found. I am using windows XP, I am in developer mode but it just isnt recognizing the phone.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Same here. Using Windows Vista 64 bit and cant recognize device. Asking for Novacom drivers, which it cant find
    Quote Originally Posted by fred72matt View Post
    No matter what I do I keep getting the same ERROR: No Device found. I am using windows XP, I am in developer mode but it just isnt recognizing the phone.
    The second time I tried connecting my Pre to my laptop and using the WebOS program I got that message. After restarting the laptop with the Pre connected it found the device and I installed two more apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by atom00 View Post
    Same here. Using Windows Vista 64 bit and cant recognize device. Asking for Novacom drivers, which it cant find
    Did you download and install SDK?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    remove
    Last edited by smd4usc; 07/26/2009 at 11:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Very strange. I myself am on Windows 7 and have never come across that error.
    I'll PM you.
    Are you using Windows 7 32bit or 64bit?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    What procedure should be used to disconnect?
    I have downloaded and installed everything, switched my phone to dev mode, but im getting the Error: no device found or whatever error. I am on Vista 32bit.

I installed the java, and SDK in other words, and ran the webosquickinstall, but after i connect my Pre (in dev mode, novacom drivers installed and works just fine connecting to my computer) then try to install a .ipk thru WebOS Quick Install, thats when the error comes up. I have followed everything perfectly (from what ive read or seen) and im not sure where this error is coming from..as my computer detects my Pre but the program doesnt.