Page 39 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940414243444989139 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

It doesn't fix the problem, so I'm surprised it worked for you, lol.

Now that I have postinst and prerm scripts working, it's possible to do that, but it would have one large caveat: you could not be able to uninstall that app from your launcher on-device; you'd be forced to use the uninstall function on WebOS Quick Install's Device Management screen. Would that still be something you guys would be interested in?
    Totally interested!!!
    Hey Jason, any chance of adding the launcher transparency mod? I don't remember how difficult it is but I remember reading through the thread a while back. Just wondering. Thanks for your work, quick install is awesome!

Post #5 in link:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1744201
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Ok, I searched this thread for a good 30-45 mins and couldn't find this mentioned, though I know its gotta be here somewhere. So flame if you must, but....

I'm running XP pro SP2 and have quick install 1.0 Working fine. My SDK is vers 0.3.4 , I think, maybe its 0.4.3. Anyway, what is the best way to upgreade to 2.1. Should I uninstall, then reinstall new vers? If not, where should I install 2.1? In same folder as 1.0? Also, is there newer versions of the SDK?, mines from july _ before it was oficially released. If so, doi need the newest one?

I'm computer retarded, so type slowly and use simple words with few syllables, hehe. I'm sure I could figure thi out, but with all the changes since 1.0, I though i'd better make sure I lnow how.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Why everytime I use the device management the phone seems to go offline or even when i use the tweeks, why is that???
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Also where can I get the dialer themes? I ran across them one time but cant find them anymore...
    FYI... the link to download Quick Install on the wiki needs to be updated with the 2.01 installer. I just downloaded it yesterday and was installing stuff with v1.4. Other than that, this has been working great! Thanks!
  7.    #767  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Hey Jason, any chance of adding the launcher transparency mod? I don't remember how difficult it is but I remember reading through the thread a while back. Just wondering. Thanks for your work, quick install is awesome!

Post #5 in link:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1744201
    Sounds interesting. I've posted an idea I that thread that could make a Tweak even better: A slider to adjust the background opacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Superstardjal View Post
    I'm running XP pro SP2 and have quick install 1.0 Working fine. My SDK is vers 0.3.4 , I think, maybe its 0.4.3. Anyway, what is the best way to upgreade to 2.1. Should I uninstall, then reinstall new vers? If not, where should I install 2.1? In same folder as 1.0? Also, is there newer versions of the SDK?, mines from july _ before it was oficially released. If so, doi need the newest one?

I'm computer retarded, so type slowly and use simple words with few syllables, hehe. I'm sure I could figure thi out, but with all the changes since 1.0, I though i'd better make sure I lnow how.
    We don't use the SDK anymore, so don't worry about that. Considering you have v1.0 running, that means you already have Novacom installed and Java 6 ready. You just need to download the current version. There'll be a popup asking to download WebOSDoctor. Click "Yes" and wait for it to download. Once it's done, you'll see a popup window asking if you want to use a USB Device or the emulator. Make your choice and you'll be at the main window with everything setup

Quote Originally Posted by texasjack View Post
    Why everytime I use the device management the phone seems to go offline or even when i use the tweeks, why is that???
    I'm not sure about Device Management, but with most of the Tweaks, it's required to do a GUI reload so the changes get applied. It'll look like a really short reset, nothing bad. One side effect is that it may take upto a minute or for your phone connection to re-establish
    I'm having trouble installing apps, or rooting my pre, and haven't been able to find a solution. I've googled and searched through forums for the past day with no luck, so i hope i'm asking in the right place...

The problem is: I cant connect to the phone in any way. Quick Install returns 'ERROR: No Device Detected', novaterm returns 'Failed To Connect to novacomd', and running novacom on the command line returns 'unable to find device'.

I have Virtual Box installed, the current version of Java, and the latest release of the SDK. I've installed novacom in every way i can find listed on the net, including pulling apart the webOSDoctor install and pulling out the novacom installer with ORCA. Services.msc says the Palm Novacom service is running, and the process is listed in task manager.

I've rebooted everything several times, reinstalled the SDK twice, and i cant count how many times i've flipped the pre in and out of developer mode. I've also uninstalled and manually installed the novacom drivers through device manager.

No matter what i do, i always get the same errors. I've tried odd ball stuff like connecting the pre in "USB Device" mode as opposed to "Just Charge", and running the novacomd service in Windows XP compatibility mode (not even sure if thats possible but i sure as H3LL tried).

An interesting side note: I'm not sure if this matters, but the novacomd.exe process (in task manager) is pegged at %50 CPU and 2,008KB of memory usage whenever the phone is plugged in (in developer mode). As soon as i unplug the phone, the CPU usage drops to 0 and the memory usage cuts a small amount.

I'm running windows vista Home Premium SP1 (32bit), on a intel p8400 with 4gb of ram. Usually this laptop handles all my 3D simulation work, so its pretty powerful. When i see one simple process taking up 50% of my CPU, there is usually something wrong.

Oh, and i've killed every firewall and antivirus i have, even going so far as killing the Windows Firewall and Windows Defender services completely.

Anyhow, hope this is the right place to post this, and i hope someone can help me out, thanks.

EDIT - Oh, and when I plug in the phone while in developer mode, the 'Safely Remove Hardware' window shows a 'Palm Novacom' device listed.
    Last edited by phsion; 08/19/2009 at 05:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Cool but where can i get a cool dialer theme???
  10.    #770  
    Quote Originally Posted by phsion View Post
    What OS are you on and is it 32bit or 64bit?
    On "services.msc", right click on "Palm Novacom" and choose Properties. What is the "Path to Executable:" ?

Quote Originally Posted by texasjack View Post
    Cool but where can i get a cool dialer theme???
    Any 320x480 PNG image will work. http://idesignpre.com/ has some nice stuff (not sure how many are in PNG format though)
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom\x86\novacomd.exe Does this help?
    Vista Home Premium 32bit.
    The path is ...\Program Files\Palm\SDK\bin\novacom\x86\novacomd.exe

EDIT - Also, for fun, looks like there is another copy of novacomd.exe sitting at
    ...\program files\palm,Inc\novacom\x86\
    Last edited by phsion; 08/19/2009 at 06:27 PM.
    can someone help a n00b with step by step, line by line instructions for removing the "add/delete launcher pages" patch, so I can use the one in webos quick install instead? I like the idea of being able to enable/disable it with just a checkbox. thank you.
    When I first uploaded the tool I was just happy to get additional application for my Pre. Today uploaded the new version of WebOS and actually used the '[I]Tweaks[I]'. I finally discovered the addition of the launch page. Now I still can't figure out how to get rid of a 'web' page that I added my mistake.

I really love this tool and it makes happy I decided to keep my Pre.
    I must be dumb.... I think I've done everything but still "no device found"
    I am on a Vista 32bit system. Please give me direction/help/advice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Sounds interesting. I've posted an idea I that thread that could make a Tweak even better: A slider to adjust the background opacity.

Jason, that would be a great addition to have a slider for adjusting the transparency. Good idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by smackajax View Post
    I must be dumb.... I think I've done everything but still "no device found"
    I am on a Vista 32bit system. Please give me direction/help/advice...
    Sorry jax, I'm on a XP32bit (works great) and I'm no friend to Vista. Maybe someone else can help.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Okay got it!!! This is awesome!!! But does anyone know howto lock the screen in the emulator mode because I want to try the screenlock background!!!
    Nice work. I had tried to install this a few weeks ago with no luck. Turns out I had the jar file type messed up. Great work on having the tweeks built in. Any chance of have the mod for the the bookmark in the music player?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I'm not ready to completely blame it on the tweaks I did to my Pre.

But since doing them, I have a very laggy, almost unusable interface. Contact list takes over a minute to load, universal search is all but disabled.

I'm going to attempt to remove the tweaks and hope for the best, I don't feel like wiping.