Page 37 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787137 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Jason thanks for all the work on this. The tweaks section is really great! Going to be trying the dialer etc tonight.

There's one tweak that I think would be hugely popular if it would work with QuickInstall...The force Roaming tweak. I put it in myself but there are many I know who would love to put it in but don't want to root.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...=roaming+force

Any chance?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I have a question, I wanted to change the boot logo with one of the logos I found on http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...or-boot-4.html and when I go to save it, it saves but when I go to upload it to my pre as a glowing logo its doesn't work and a little window comes up that says null....any idea on what I should do. I wanted to change it to the ice blue logo on the first page but its not letting me.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJD00M View Post
    I have a question, I wanted to change the boot logo with one of the logos I found on http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...or-boot-4.html and when I go to save it, it saves but when I go to upload it to my pre as a glowing logo its doesn't work and a little window comes up that says null....any idea on what I should do. I wanted to change it to the ice blue logo on the first page but its not letting me.
    Can you post the two images you're trying to use as your boot logo?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    which dialers have u tried?...i only found one!!
    Max, I've been replacing the main image in the backdrop with various images that make the dialer look different. So far I've been sticking to darker colors. The dialer itself is fairly transparent (w/o the backdrop). So I've been finding png images and resizing them to the proper dimensions but I still add the two optional stock images (scroll and the listsectionline). Been working great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Max, I've been replacing the main image in the backdrop with various images that make the dialer look different. So far I've been sticking to darker colors. The dialer itself is fairly transparent (w/o the backdrop). So I've been finding png images and resizing them to the proper dimensions but I still add the two optional stock images (scroll and the listsectionline). Been working great!
    can u post them here....bc i found a dark gray one but if u have different colors id love to try them out
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Can you post the two images you're trying to use as your boot logo?
    Ohhh I have to use two?? I was just uploading the one image.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJD00M View Post
    Ohhh I have to use two?? I was just uploading the one image.
    the first is the normal logo...the second one is the glowing one
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I am, just having to re-explain the situation every day in various posts/emails getds to me after a while, lol
    Just put it in the splash screen, explaining why.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Ohhh and p.s. you should add a themes menu to the tweaks section. It would be pretty cool to add some of the themes that the great people of pre central have created.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    How dangerous?? Because the only reason I really rooted my Pre was to install My Tether.....
    Palm uses a separate ipkg database in /var to manage user-installed content and keep it separate from the read-only Palm root infrastructure.

Any closed-source application that modifies the read-only Palm root infrastructure has to be looked at very closely to make sure it is not doing things that it shouldn't. Unfortunately, if it is closed source, the security and stability (i.e. effect on future OTA updates) review depends on only one person, instead of being able to be reviewed by a number of independent people who don't have a motivation to get more "donations" (anything you are forced to pay is *not* a donation) coming in ...

One key thing is that you can't use the built-in WebOS GUI or Jason's WebOS Quick Install to delete the mytether service, whereas you can use them to delete any service or plugin that is packed correctly. That's why the standard ipkg format for services has been specifically designed in the way we have designed it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I am trying to install Web OS quick install, but i am getting the java virtual machine error "cannot find the main class" - Running Vista 32 bit. Help?
    I haven't upgraded since v1.0.

I just tried to install the latest version, but can't get it to work.

V1.0 still works fine - do I need to delete 1.0 first?
  13.    #733  
    Quote Originally Posted by wmatarrita View Post
    I am trying to install Web OS quick install, but i am getting the java virtual machine error "cannot find the main class" - Running Vista 32 bit. Help?
    Are you extracting the files or running the jar?

Quote Originally Posted by woodleydog View Post
    I haven't upgraded since v1.0.
    I just tried to install the latest version, but can't get it to work.
    V1.0 still works fine - do I need to delete 1.0 first?
    Yes. v1.0 was a kitty cat, v2.01 is a lynx. Two separate beasts. I'd suggest you read post #1, there's the list of requirements, links to a brief setup guide, and a very useful troubleshooting guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Are you extracting the files or running the jar?

Yes. v1.0 was a kitty cat, v2.01 is a lynx. Two separate beasts. I'd suggest you read post #1, there's the list of requirements, links to a brief setup guide, and a very useful troubleshooting guide
    Ah, it was the Java 1.6!

Sorry for being lazy - I usually read before posting!

This is an excellent program!

I will send a meager PayPal payment (wish I could afford more!)
    ok so I've read 22 pages of tips to get this to work and I've tried everything I've read so far at least twice. The only thing I haven't tried is turning devmode to off which I'm trying as I type this.
    Everything's updated and running. I've even tried a few things 3 or 4 times just in case.
    Anyway, I'm running Vista64 and get the no device found error every time. I've tried just charge, usb, not selecting anything, and even media sync just for the heck of it. I've tried both 64 and 32 with the Palm Novacom and Java. I've completely uninstalled everything and started over. I've read and read and read till my eyes hurt lol.
    Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated....thanks
    ***edit*** I forgot to mention that I even unplugged every usb device from my machine except my mouse as was suggested by someone in a previous thread who had a cannon printer interfering with things...also the only devices running on my machine are the pre and novacom

ps...your installer for WebOSDoctor doesn't seem to handle special characters...I have an in my name so it wouldn't install when I tried to launch quickinstaller. I had to create a new user without the special character, install it thru that user and select the file from there.
    update - setting devmode to off did not work either
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    can u post them here....bc i found a dark gray one but if u have different colors id love to try them out
    Not at my PC max but soon. I've been changing colors of the backgrnd and also using other png images that I've found on this site. Any png image will work so long as the correct dimensions are used (320X480 png file). Google 320x480 png images and choose at will!
    Quote Originally Posted by mercyswake View Post
    update - setting devmode to off did not work either
    Sorry I can't help. I'm running XP 32bit and it works fine but Vista is not a friend to me.
  19.    #739  
    Quote Originally Posted by mercyswake View Post
    ok so I've read 22 pages of tips to get this to work and I've tried everything I've read so far at least twice. The only thing I haven't tried is turning devmode to off which I'm trying as I type this.
    Everything's updated and running. I've even tried a few things 3 or 4 times just in case.
    Anyway, I'm running Vista64 and get the no device found error every time. I've tried just charge, usb, not selecting anything, and even media sync just for the heck of it. I've tried both 64 and 32 with the Palm Novacom and Java. I've completely uninstalled everything and started over. I've read and read and read till my eyes hurt lol.
    Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated....thanks
    ***edit*** I forgot to mention that I even unplugged every usb device from my machine except my mouse as was suggested by someone in a previous thread who had a cannon printer interfering with things...also the only devices running on my machine are the pre and novacom
    Under StartMenu->Run...->"services.msc"
    Is "Palm Novacom" there and running? If so, right click it and choose "Properties". What's the "Path to executable:"?
    Also, what output do you get when you type in Command Prompt:
    Code:
    novacom -l
    (that's a lowercase "L" by the way)
    Hey mercy, I feel your pain, I once was burning the midnight oil trying to get the comp to recognize the device...finally gave up and brought the dang thing (along with the usb cord) to work and did the webos quick install of filecoaster there using the original instructions and it worked like a charm...must be something in our home computers ...I would save the time and try doing it at work/school with a new comp, once fcoaster is installed you'll be able to get all the homebrew apps anyway without having to go back to the pc/mac...just don't let the boss catch you