Page 36 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686136 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    v2.01 fixes the text overlap by the way

Hmmm.

That's the one I'm using...

I guess upon closer inspection it doesn't overlap, but there's often no space at all between the end of one app name and the beginning of the next. Also, "Developer Mode," for example, shows up as

Developer Mod
    e

As such, I'll keep tinkering.

Thanks again! Truly awesome.
    Uninstall the previous version of Flashlight service. I've updated this post with a new download link
    how do u uninstall the previous version of the service?
  3.    #703  
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    He's probably busy not wanting to loose his steady "donation" stream he's getting from making ppl "donate" to get the no root version of My Tether....(just imho)
    Personally I'm more worried about how he installs the service ipk, which at least from what I've seen in his free version install script, installs it in a potentially dangerous manner.

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    how do u uninstall the previous version of the service?
    Well, if the service was installed properly in linux, or easier yet, via WebOSQuickInstall, the you'll see the service Device Management (in the menu under Tools->Device Management)
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/18/2009 at 06:29 PM.
    Personally I'm more worried about how he installs the service ipk, which at least from what I've seen in his free version install script, installs it in a dangerous manner.
    How dangerous?? Because the only reason I really rooted my Pre was to install My Tether.....
  5.    #705  
    How dangerous?? Because the only reason I really rooted my Pre was to install My Tether.....
    Nothing serious currently. The free version script installs it to Palm's own ipkg database and not the database for user-installed content. Meaning there could be issues with OTA updates. I'm not a complete expert on ipkg formatting, but I'm sure Rod for WebOS-Internals could explain it all in great detail if you ask him nicely
    Nothing serious currently. The free version script installs it to Palm's own ipkg database and not the database for user-installed content. Meaning there could be issues with OTA updates. I'm not a complete expert on ipkg formatting, but I'm sure Rod for WebOS-Internals could explain it all in great detail if you ask him nicely
    Oh yeah I think I did see Rod post about in the My tether thread once....
    Oh yeah another thing, did the update do anything in regards with the prob some of us are having with the "download in browser" tweek??
  8.    #708  
    Oh yeah another thing, did the update do anything in regards with the prob some of us are having with the "download in browser" tweek??
    Unfortunately, nope. I've only got the emulator to test with personally, and all my beta testers had success with it. Have you previously applied hacks to the browser? it's possible those are interfereing
    I think I know why aonic is doing that. He has now gone to "paid beta" which ibcludes an installer for those who donate.
    [URL=" here[/URL]

4x4 icons, I may add. Adding .patch support, definitely not. Quilt is much better for patch stacking than mine ever will be. That said, I do plan on expanding the Tweaks section to include other commonly used mods.

Renaming of apps is a lot more complex than you'd think, and it's a nightmare I really don't wanna approach, lol. Far too many things could go wrong that would break uninstallation of the app, heh.

Still waiting on Aonic, the developer. He still hasn't answered my PMs or posts in the MyTether thread wanting to talk to him. It's not a difficult change (only a few lines of text), he's probably just busy.
    Jason, I've been modding away since I got home from work. Testing, installing, uninstalling, etc and it's been great. Thanks so much for this. I've changed my dialer backgrnd to various different pngs with pictures and I've added other various styling and system mods. This is a great tool that you've written and it's working flawlessly for me. Thanks so much bro! I really appreciate your hard work on this. It works great! Looking forward to any additional SW changes that you have in mind!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Jason, I've been modding away since I got home from work. Testing, installing, uninstalling, etc and it's been great. Thanks so much for this. I've changed my dialer backgrnd to various different pngs with pictures and I've added other various styling and system mods. This is a great tool that you've written and it's working flawlessly for me. Thanks so much bro! I really appreciate your hard work on this. It works great! Looking forward to any additional SW changes that you have in mind!
    which dialers have u tried?...i only found one!!
    by the way jason....when u download anything on the browser where does it download to?
    by the way jason....when u download anything on the browser where does it download to?
    I would check out this post. It is based on another method and it looks like it downloads to /media/internal/downloads.

EDIT: Jason I made a .pdf of your tweak guide and thought you might want to include it in your first post. If not, no big deal. Great job, again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bpdamas; 08/18/2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Just a thought
  14.    #714  
    Quote Originally Posted by free hurricane View Post
    I think I know why aonic is doing that. He has now gone to "paid beta" which ibcludes an installer for those who donate.
    I wouldn't even mind it if that was his reason, but at the very least he could slightly modify his install script so it installs safely to the user ipkg database. I just figure adding a few text lines to work with the standard ipkg format my app uses (and other on-device apps like Preware, will use) is a big crutch to his userbase. I respect Aonic soooo much as a developrt, I just wish he'd respond to any of the messages I've sent him

Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    EDIT: Jason I made a .pdf of your tweak guide and thought you might want to include it in your first post. If not, no big deal. Great job, again.
    Wow, nice. I won't post it yet, as I hope to add more tweaks in future versions, but would you mind me including the pdf on my website once I finish my upcoming redesign?
    I wouldn't even mind it if that was his reason, but at the very least he could slightly modify his install script so it installs safely to the user ipkg database. I just figure adding a few text lines to work with the standard ipkg format my app uses (and other on-device apps like Preware, will use) is a big crutch to his userbase. I respect Aonic soooo much as a developrt, I just wish he'd respond to any of the messages I've sent him
    he's probably just a bit busy...give him time
    Just tested on a live Pre and can confirm the Dialer skinning does work. Try using this images in the dialog:
    Wallpaper
    Scroll fade
    List Section Line

Just FYI, during a full GUI reload (as is done after applying changes on Tweaks panel), your connection does reset. However, it automatically comes back a minute or two after everything is loaded (no soft reboot needed)

To everyone else, I'll write a Tweaks Guide later today to walk everyone through this new as exciting panel
    Finally got it working.. Thanks for all your help.. Didn't want to root my pre to do these simple things, and now i don't have to.. Great Job..
  17.    #717  
    he's probably just a bit busy...give him time
    I am, just having to re-explain the situation every day in various posts/emails getds to me after a while, lol
    I am, just having to re-explain the situation every day in various posts/emails getds to me after a while, lol
    lol i know
    Quote Originally Posted by wingerdinger View Post
    Didn't want to root my pre to do these simple things, and now i don't have to.. Great Job..
    yes thats such a headache i didnt even try
    Wow, nice. I won't post it yet, as I hope to add more tweaks in future versions, but would you mind me including the pdf on my website once I finish my upcoming redesign?
    No. I do not mind even a little bit