Page 35 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585135 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    and yeah the lock screen is not the same as the dialer
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yes u gotta save the file on ur pc then pick it when it asks u
    Ahhhh, thanks Max. Will do when I get back to my PC. I suppose this goes the same for the other style mods as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Ahhhh, thanks Max. Will do when I get back to my PC. I suppose this goes the same for the other style mods as well?
    yes sir...but the lock screen doesnt work yet bc its asking for 3 pictures while it only needs 2 (i think)
  4.    #684  
    For the record, these are the windows you guys should be seeing:

Change boot logo

2 files

Change dialer background

1 file required, 2 optional

Change lock screen background

1 file required, 2 optional

Lock Screen and Dialer share "List Section Line" I believe.

Click the grayed out text boxes or click the "..." buttons to choose your files
    Thanks Jason. I believe those were the windows I was seeing earlier. I'll check it again in a bit when I get back to my PC to make sure. Thanks again for your great work!

Jason, (for future reference) if we need to go back to the original dialer (green one), do we just uninstall the new mod from the Tweaks menu and the old one will be replaced or do we need to reinstall the green one in the same fashion that we installed the modded one?

Thanks again.
    The download in web browser breaks the internet, I cannot open the internet when this is installed, any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
    The download in web browser breaks the internet, I cannot open the internet when this is installed, any suggestions?
    Same thing happened to me.
  8.    #688  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Thanks Jason. I believe those were the windows I was seeing earlier. I'll check it again in a bit when I get back to my PC to make sure. Thanks again for your great work!

Jason, (for future reference) if we need to go back to the original dialer (green one), do we just uninstall the new mod from the Tweaks menu and the old one will be replaced or do we need to reinstall the green one in the same fashion that we installed the modded one?
    Just uncheck the checkmark and things get restored to the original green dialer.

Quote Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
    Requires WebOS 1.1. If you have 1.1, then I think we may have a problem, as I've tested with both the 1.1 emulator and a few 1.1 Pre devices (via beta testers).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just uncheck the checkmark and things get restored to the original green dialer.

Requires WebOS 1.1. If you have 1.1, then I think we may have a problem, as I've tested with both the 1.1 emulator and a few 1.1 Pre devices (via beta testers).
    well I do have webos 1.1 ........ I've had probs with this patch even before doing it with the webos quick installer.
    By request:

Tweak Guide

Change dialer background
    Based off this. Clicking this checkbox will bring up a window with 3 image options (2 optional).

"Scroll Fade" is optional and simply goes to help make the theme look better. For an example, see this.

"List Selection Line" is also optional, and also only is used to give a more complete feel to the new look. An example can be seen here.
    Great guide! I am loving these tweaks! One question, though.. What exactly does "Scroll Fade" and "list Selection Line" do? can't seem to grasp how that shows up based on those 2 files..

Also, when the next update comes out from Palm, do we need to deselect the tweaks before loading, or can we load the new version on top of the tweaks? And, after the update, should we wait for you to update your program before selecting these tweaks again to ensure there are no conflicts, or can we continue to use these as is? Final question...if you add Launcher Pages and then deselect the tweak, do those launcher pages remain or do you lose any added pages?

thanks again, and keep up the good work!
  11.    #691  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Great guide! I am loving these tweaks! One question, though.. What exactly does "Scroll Fade" and "list Selection Line" do? can't seem to grasp how that shows up based on those 2 files..

Also, when the next update comes out from Palm, do we need to deselect the tweaks before loading, or can we load the new version on top of the tweaks? And, after the update, should we wait for you to update your program before selecting these tweaks again to ensure there are no conflicts, or can we continue to use these as is? Final question...if you add Launcher Pages and then deselect the tweak, do those launcher pages remain or do you lose any added pages?

thanks again, and keep up the good work!
    Personally, I'm not sure specifically where/how often "scroll fade" and "list section line" are used. They're minor enough that they're optional

In regards to updates, it's best to uncheck all mods before proceeding with the OTA update. After the update's been applied, feel free to try re-applying the mods. Chances are most mods will still be compatible. Those that display non-functionally can always just be unchecked until I release an update anyway

Also, everyone, I've done a quick update to 2.01. I highly recommend upgrading.

v2.01 - August 18, 09
    - Fixed postinst script support
    - Updated 5x4 launcher icons mod to properly format long app names
    - Fixed Send File feature
    Personally, I'm not sure specifically where/how often "scroll fade" and "list section line" are used. They're minor enough that they're optional

In regards to updates, it's best to uncheck all mods before proceeding with the OTA update. After the update's been applied, feel free to try re-applying the mods. Chances are most mods will still be compatible. Those that display non-functionally can always just be unchecked until I release an update anyway

Also, everyone, I've done a quick update to 2.01. I highly recommend upgrading.

v2.01 - August 18, 09
    - Fixed postinst script support
    - Updated 5x4 launcher icons mod to properly format long app names
    - Fixed Send File feature
    when i installed myflashlight with webOS quick install 2.01 it works but i got out of dev mode and it didnt work
    Absolutely love the "tweaks" functionality. Thank you so much for this.

Any possibility to add the "4X4" icon option, instead of the "5X4," and also maybe a text field where we could just copy and paste additional patches we find here or on the wiki?

Also, any possibility of adding the functionality to easily rename individual apps?

Thanks again. Amazing.
    Can My Tether be installed via WebOs Quick Installer?? Or are we still waiting for the ipks to be made?
  15.    #695  
    when i installed myflashlight with webOS quick install 2.01 it works but i got out of dev mode and it didnt work
    Fixed here

Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    Any possibility to add the "4X4" icon option, instead of the "5X4," and also maybe a text field where we could just copy and paste additional patches we find here or on the wiki?

Also, any possibility of adding the functionality to easily rename individual apps?
    4x4 icons, I may add. Adding .patch support, definitely not. Quilt is much better for patch stacking than mine ever will be. That said, I do plan on expanding the Tweaks section to include other commonly used mods.

Renaming of apps is a lot more complex than you'd think, and it's a nightmare I really don't wanna approach, lol. Far too many things could go wrong that would break uninstallation of the app, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    Can My Tether be installed via WebOs Quick Installer?? Or are we still waiting for the ipks to be made?
    Still waiting on Aonic, the developer. He still hasn't answered my PMs or posts in the MyTether thread wanting to talk to him. It's not a difficult change (only a few lines of text), he's probably just busy.
    Hey, I'd take 4X4. Maybe that'd shrink the font to a level where the spacing would work, and I wouldn't have to rename them. Right now, it's just that 5X4 makes the names overlap.
  17.    #697  
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    Hey, I'd take 4X4. Maybe that'd shrink the font to a level where the spacing would work, and I wouldn't have to rename them. Right now, it's just that 5X4 makes the names overlap.
    v2.01 fixes the text overlap by the way
    it didnt fix it with dev mode off...
    Still waiting on Aonic, the developer. He still hasn't answered my PMs or posts in the MyTether thread wanting to talk to him. It's not a difficult change (only a few lines of text), he's probably just busy.
    He's probably busy not wanting to loose the steady "donation" stream he's getting from making ppl "donate" to get the no root version of My Tether....(just imho)
    Last edited by Niris777; 08/18/2009 at 06:19 PM.
  20.    #700  
    it didnt fix it with dev mode off...
    Uninstall the previous version of Flashlight service. I've updated this post with a new download link