Page 34 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484134 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #661  
    Quote Originally Posted by wingerdinger View Post
    Installed 2.0, everything works great, however the dialer screen isnt changing properly.

I tried to make it look like: Patch Phone Edit Dialer Theme - WebOS Internals

however when it comes out it looks like: Should be the Second Image

I used the three .png images on the WebOSinternals page, using the tweaks->styler mods->change dialer background.

Let me know if i did anything wrong or if it just isn't possible.

I am running it on the device, Have XP-32bit, and have looked through troubleshoot
    hmm, it worked flawlessly on the emulator, I'll go some further testing on the issue and get back to you
    Thanks for the fast reply. I dont know if this is related but right after i changed it the first time, after the GUI loaded, i lost my connection to the network. I did a soft reboot and everything was fine when it came back on.
    I am trying to install Web OS quick install, but am constantly getting the java virtual machine error "cannot find the main class" I am running Vista 32 bit. Any help would be great.
    How does the "tweaks" section work? I had no problems with the system mods (works great) but I'm not exactly sure how the "Styling Mods" work.

When you click on a particular styling mod, I'm assuming that this gives you root access in a different way and that you still need to apply the various codes for whatever particular styling mod you're attempting (you must follow the wiki for any particular mod), is this correct?

Thanks in advance.
  5.    #665  
    Quote Originally Posted by wingerdinger View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply. I dont know if this is related but right after i changed it the first time, after the GUI loaded, i lost my connection to the network. I did a soft reboot and everything was fine when it came back on.
    Just tested on a live Pre and can confirm the Dialer skinning does work. Try using this images in the dialog:
    Wallpaper
    Scroll fade
    List Section Line

Just FYI, during a full GUI reload (as is done after applying changes on Tweaks panel), your connection does reset. However, it automatically comes back a minute or two after everything is loaded (no soft reboot needed)

To everyone else, I'll write a Tweaks Guide later today to walk everyone through this new as exciting panel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just tested on a live Pre and can confirm the Dialer skinning does work. Try using this images in the dialog:
    Wallpaper
    Scroll fade
    List Section Line

Just FYI, during a full GUI reload (as is done after applying changes on Tweaks panel), your connection does reset. However, it automatically comes back a minute or two after everything is loaded (no soft reboot needed)

To everyone else, I'll write a Tweaks Guide later today to walk everyone through this new as exciting panel
    Jason, you rock bro. Thanks for the hard work!!!!!!! It's really appreciated. Looking forward to the Tweaks Guide.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Wallpaper
    Scroll fade
    List Section Line

Wow this works GREAT you are THE MAN. I really did not want to root my Pre and deal with all that but now I have a slightly modded Pre. Awesometown.
    when you turn on the developer mode and it says to reset the device, does it clear out all info such as contacts, texts, pics, etc?
  9.    #669  
    Quote Originally Posted by deeaigo View Post
    when you turn on the developer mode and it says to reset the device, does it clear out all info such as contacts, texts, pics, etc?
    Nope, no data is lost. It simply restarts the device, like restarting a computer
    I am feeling like a dummy for asking this question but where is the link for webos install 2.0. I go to post #1 of this thread but there is no longer a Download Mirror link on the page. I do see the attatched file at the bottom of the post but not sure if that is 2.0. I downloaded it to the same folder where I still have the webos doctor but when running it a dos window pops up and then dissapears and nothing else happens. I also tried the link through the setup guide but that takes me to the dl page for 8/1 when 1.4 was released. Is the attatched file on the bottom of post #1 the 2.0 version?
  11.    #671  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhouse View Post
    The file attached to post #1 is v2.0
    CLAPPITY CLAPPITY CLAPPITY!!! {ProfJonathan}
    Thanks, I was being an *****. I didn't change the file to a .jar before I downloaded. Works great. 2.0 detected the device right away. I appreciate the work and the responses to post and emails. Thank you Jason.
    I would love to see the new on screen Keyboard that is be developed added to the tweak section of this app.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ancements.html
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I would love to see the new on screen Keyboard that is be developed added to the tweak section of this app.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ancements.html
    yeah this would be awesome!!! i want that on-screen keyboard!!!
  16.    #676  
    By request:

Tweak Guide

The Tweaks panel is a new feature of WebOS Quick Install v2.0. It can be found via the program's menu at Tools->Tweaks. Each system mod is done in a very safe way and can be undone simply by unchecking the checkbox.

For most of the mods, on enabling/diabling, you'll notice you're Pre do something similar to a restart. Don't worry, it's actually just a GUI reload and should take a lot longer than a reboot.

I'll now go briefly through each mod:

----System Mods----

Add/delete launcher pages
    Essentially, it's this hack. When you bring up the application launcher and tap the menu in the upper left corner, you'll now see menu option to add or remove launcher pages. So instead of the default 3 pages, you can have as many or as few as you'd like.

4x4 icons on launcher page
    Essentially, it's this hack. By default, you only get 3x3.5 icons visible at any time on the launcher. This will scale down the icons and text so you get 4x4 apps on the launcher.

Downloading in web browser
    A very complex system patch based on this. It will add the option to download files, from file links you click, to /media/internal/downloads/. You will also see a download progress widget at the bottom of the browser page.

As an added bonus, you'll also have the following hotkeys in Web:
    • Backspace=top of page
    • Enter=bottom of page
    • Shift = page up
    • Space = page down
    • Period = scroll down a line

Reduce minimum brightness
    Based off this simple hack, this lowers the existing lowest brightness setting. Handy if you're one of the many who find the default lowest still too bright for night time.

Silence phone dial pad, add vibrating feedback
    Based off this hack, this gets rid of all the annoying dial pad sounds (way too loud), and adds a kind of haptic feedback, so you know you've typed on the dialpad.

Roam Only option in prefs
    Based on this hack, it adds the option to use roaming network usage only, which in some cases can give you better battery life and a stronger signal.

Message forwarding
    Based on this hack. When you tap on a single message in a message thread, you'll be give the option to forward that message (along with any attached files).

Hide Nascar application
    Pretty self-explanatory; hides the Nascar application from the launcher.

Hide NFL application
    Pretty self-explanatory; hides the NFL application from the launcher.

PDF Viewer working in landscape
    Based off this system hack. It lets your PDF viewer support landscape orientation in addition to the default portrait.

Email working in landscape
    Based on the work in this thread, this hack let's you use the the Email application in landscape mode.

Messaging working in landscape, and set avatar
    Based on the work in this thread. Similar to the above 2 mods, this one lets the Messaging app work in landscape mode. In addition, it will prompt you for an avatar to be used in messaging. 40x40 pixels preferred, I believe, and in PNG format only.

Call duration in call log
    Pretty self explanatory. It adds the call durations to the call log of the Phone application.

Spoof iPhone user agent
    This hack will change your browser's user agent to match the iPhone and gives overall better website compatibility. However some websites (mlb.com, m.ebay.com, walmart.com, etc.) have been reported for incompatibility with this change. Patch credits go to clipcarl from here.

----Sytyling Mods----

Change boot logo
    Based off this. Clicking this checkbox will bring up a window with 2 image options.

For "Boot Logo", that's a png file (200 pixels by 200 pixels preferred) and is a normal boot logo.

For "Boot Logo With Glow", that's also a PNG, same image size as the previous logo. Basically it's the first image, but with a glow or noticeable change of some sort.

For example images to use, see this thread.

Change dialer background
    Based off this. Clicking this checkbox will bring up a window with 3 image options (2 optional).

"Wallpaper" is a 320x480pixel PNG image. It can be anything you like and just goes in the background of your Phone app's dialer, like a wallpaper of a computer. This is the only required image for this mod. For an example, see this.

"Scroll Fade" is optional and simply goes to help make the theme look better. For an example, see this.

"List Selection Line" is also optional, and also only is used to give a more complete feel to the new look. An example can be seen here.

Change lock screen background
    This is essentially the same as the above mod, but applies to the Lock Screen of your device.

Add stylish analog clock
    Based off this hack. This enables a hidden theme in the Clock app. It's a stylish black analog clock that has the date on it. Personally, I love its look. Once this mod is enabled, go into the Clock app, tap the menu in the upper left corner, and tap themes. You'll see the option for "Stylish Analog Clock" there

Squarify the screen
    This is a system mod done myself. Essentially it gets rin of the curved black corner-covers that cover the screen in every app. I like this mod as it lets me see all the way to the corners in the web browser.

Change launcher opacity
    A slider scale that lets you change the launcher background's opacity. All the way from normal (100%) to completely transparent (0%).

Battery % in top header
    Let's you put the battey % number in place of the battery icon, or next to the icon. The % value is colour-coded and when it's plugged in and charging, the text turns blue; a nice, easy way to confirm your device is charging.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/31/2009 at 11:51 PM.
    Thanks for the guide Jason. It helps a ton! One question: In the "Change Dialer Background' the guide says that a window will pop-up with 3 image options? What I'm getting is a window with two file browser options? Sort of like the windows when you press the menu icon for "send file" or "receive file." Do I need to place the actual image on my PC and browse to it from those windows?

Thanks.
    By request:

Tweak Guide

The Tweaks panel is a new feature of WebOS Quick Install v2.0. It can be found via the program's menu at Tools->Tweaks. Each system mod is done in a very safe way and can be undone simply by unchecking the checkbox.

For most of the mods, on enabling/diabling, you'll notice you're Pre do something similar to a restart. Don't worry, it's actually just a GUI reload and should take a lot longer than a reboot.

I'll now go briefly through each mod:

Add/delete launcher pages
    Essentially, it's this hack. When you bring up the application launcher and tap the menu in the upper left corner, you'll now see menu option to add or remove launcher pages. So instead of the default 3 pages, you can have as many or as few as you'd like.

5x4 icons on launcher page
    Essentially, it's this hack. By default, you only get 3x3.5 icons visible at any time on the launcher. This will scale down the icons and text so you get 5x4 apps on the launcher.

Downloading in web browser
    A very complex system patch based on this. It will add the option to download files, from file links you click, to /media/internal/downloads/. You will also see a download progress widget at the bottom of the browser page.

Hide Nascar application
    Pretty self-explanatory; hides the Nascar application from the launcher.

Hide NFL application
    Pretty self-explanatory; hides the NFL application from the launcher.

PDF Viewer working also in landscape
    Based off this system hack. It lets your PDF viewer support landscape orientation in addition to the default portrait.

Change boot logo
    Based off this. Clicking this checkbox will bring up a window with 2 image options.

For "Boot Logo", that's a png file (200 pixels by 200 pixels preferred) and is a normal boot logo.

For "Boot Logo With Glow", that's also a PNG, same image size as the previous logo. Basically it's the first image, but with a glow or noticeable change of some sort.

For example images to use, see this thread.

Change dialer background
    Based off this. Clicking this checkbox will bring up a window with 3 image options (2 optional).

"Wallpaper" is a 320x480pixel PNG image. It can be anything you like and just goes in the background of your Phone app's dialer, like a wallpaper of a computer. This is the only required image for this mod. For an example, see this.

"Scroll Fade" is optional and simply goes to help make the theme look better. For an example, see this.

"List Selection Line" is also optional, and also only is used to give a more complete feel to the new look. An example can be seen here.

Change lock screen background
    This is essentially the same as the above mod, but applies to the Lock Screen of your device.

Add stylish analog clock
    Based off this hack. This enables a hidden theme in the Clock app. It's a stylish black analog clock that has the date on it. Personally, I love its look. Once this mod is enabled, go into the Clock app, tap the menu in the upper left corner, and tap themes. You'll see the option for "Stylish Analog Clock" there

Squarify the screen
    This is a system mod done myself. Essentially it gets rin of the curved black corner-covers that cover the screen in every app. I like this mod as it lets me see all the way to the corners in the web browser.
    amazing bro i love this!!!! so when u update the tweeks on here....do we have to download a new version or it just comes up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Thanks for the guide Jason. It helps a ton! One question: In the "Change Dialer Background' the guide says that a window will pop-up with 3 image options? What I'm getting is a window with two file browser options? Sort of like the windows when you press the menu icon for "send file" or "receive file." Do I need to place the actual image on my PC and browse to it from those windows?

Thanks.
    yes u gotta save the file on ur pc then pick it when it asks u
    Quote Originally Posted by precntrl View Post
    Sounds like you either have a PowerPC Mac or a Intel Core Duo. If that's the case, you will need to install SoyLatte and run Java manually

cd /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/soylatte16-i386-1.0.3/bin/
    ./java -jar ~/Downloads/WebOSQuickInstall.jar (or wherever)

Not sure exactly why it requires 1.6.0, but it's really lame that Apple doesn't include a 32-bit Java 6 VM.
    ok so i tried this in terminal and it fails. it tells me that the file does not exist. when checking java version in terminal it tells me that its version 1.6.3 running on my laptop. webOSquickinstall and webDoctor are in the same folder, but only webDoctor will launch. any ideas on how to get WEBOSquickinstall to launch?