Page 33 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383133 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    **WARNING**: An upcoming version will be a restructuring of code to fully support ipkg. The below guide is for those who cannot wait for one reason or another. Be aware, apps installed via the below method will not offer uninstallation for the non-standard ipk files and will need to be removed via Terminal app or via linux root access.

How-To Install Non-Standard Apps

Non-Standard Apps?
    A non-standard app, is a rarity in the current WebOS homebrew world. The average WebOS application simply installs itself into a dedicated folder in /var/usr/palm/applications/. Non-standards apps, however have 2 components: the regular application and the special custom system components. Both need to be installed for the app to run properly

An example is WebOS-Internal's Terminal app. The regular app can be found here and it can be installed like any other app with WebOS Quick Install. Terminal's custom components, as found here (or here for emulator), need to be installed a different way.

Using Custom .ipk Install
    These system component non-standard ipk files need to be installed via a recently added feature, "Custom .ipk Install". It can be found in WebOS Quick Install in the menu under Tools.

You can drag and drop the special .ipk file onto that window, or click the "..." button to choose it. Then, delete "-o /var" from the text box so it's empty and click the "Install" button. Voila, you're done.

This process also should work with MyTether (I don't have a Pre, so I can't test this myself).
    MyTether 1.5 regular app ipk: http://vz.aonic.net/pre/net.aonic.my..._1.5.0_all.ipk
    MyTether special ipk: http://vz.aonic.net/pre/net.aonic.tether_0.5.0_all.ipk
    Install the special ipk in the same way as described above.
    I do not see this in 2.0. is it supposed to be there?
  2.    #642  
    I got rid of custom ipk install because it was too dangerous. Once the authors of MyTether, AutoCorrect, and MyFlashlight update their ipks, they can be installed in 2.0 like an other ipk file

WebOS-Internals has already updated all their services, including Terminal, so they'll work with WebOSQuickInstall seamlessly.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Hello all....

Is there a link to download the QuickInstaller program or does it need to be sent to you directly?

Thanks!
    Jdub
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub__ View Post
    Hello all....

Is there a link to download the QuickInstaller program or does it need to be sent to you directly?

Thanks!
    Jdub
    Check the first post.
    Don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I couldn't get the 'Connection refused' error cleared up for hours. Finally, I tried it in USB charge mode, and it worked like a champ. Just thought it might help someone else.
    Where can I download WebOS Quick Installer 2.0 ?
  7.    #647  
    Quote Originally Posted by tedeog View Post
    Where can I download WebOS Quick Installer 2.0 ?
    Post #1
    Just FYI, the file downloaded as a ".download" file on my PC, and I had to change it to ".jar", then it ran correctly. Waiting for webdoctor to DL now.
    Jason, I've yet to try 2.0 (I'm still at work) but on the tweaks page, it lists "Styling Mod" options such as change dialer. When you check mark this option, does it show you which option of dialers are listed or is it one specific one that you added or do we need to add the specific code for a particular tweak?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 08/17/2009 at 05:16 PM.
    just wut achill3s said about the tweaks page i tried to add pages and it didnt work?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    just wut achill3s said about the tweaks page i tried to add pages and it didnt work?
    Maxima did you click on the top left corner menu from a launcher page (a Pre restart might be needed)? It should now have an option to "add a page."
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Maxima did you click on the top left corner menu from a launcher page (a Pre restart might be needed)? It should now have an option to "add a page."
    my bad...got it working thanks
    by the way where can u get dialer pages or boot pages?
    There are quite a few in this forum. Do a search but you can start here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hemes-etc.html
    There are quite a few in this forum. Do a search but you can start here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hemes-etc.html
    and so wut do u do...u just save them to ur harddrive and then put them up with webosquick installer?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    and so wut do u do...u just save them to ur harddrive and then put them up with webosquick installer?
    That's something similar to the rooting the Pre. I'm not sure how it works yet with the new version of QUick install. Have not had time to try yet. Hopefully tonight.
    That's something similar to the rooting the Pre. I'm not sure how it works yet with the new version of QUick install. Have not had time to try yet. Hopefully tonight.
    alright u let me know...
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    The link to the Troubleshooting Guide is broken - it just takes you back to the first post in this thread.
    I have a Mac and I can run WebOS Quick Install v1.0 no problem, but when I download 2.0 and run it I get an error saying that the file could not be launched. Any ideas?

Update: Never mind I figured it out. I was right clicking and doing a "save link as" instead of clicking on the file and letting it pop up the window. The Troubleshooting Guide link is still broken though.
    Installed 2.0, everything works great, however the dialer screen isnt changing properly.

I tried to make it look like: Patch Phone Edit Dialer Theme - WebOS Internals

however when it comes out it looks like: Should be the Second Image

I used the three .png images on the WebOSinternals page, using the tweaks->styler mods->change dialer background.

Let me know if i did anything wrong or if it just isn't possible.

I am running it on the device, Have XP-32bit, and have looked through troubleshoot
    Last edited by wingerdinger; 08/17/2009 at 09:54 PM.
    Thanks for a great app! I read instructions 3 times then followed your setup guide (1st page) and it installed easily, quickly and correctly. Installed Stopwatch and Shopping List from the homebrew app catelog and they loaded smoothly the first attempt. Very slick app, Thank You.