Page 32 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282132 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #621  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH985 View Post
    I downloaded it perfectly and it's on my phone but when I try to install an app it comes up install failed: not enough install space. I know my phone isn't full, so can anyone help me with why it's doing this. I tried it on a few different apps to test it and they all come up like that.

Thanks
    Yea, that's Palm's fault. They limited the space on your device for programs. Chances are they may increase the memory limit at some point, but for now you're own of luck. You'll need to uninstall apps or symlink the apps away (in turn breaking uninstall process)
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Nice work Jason!

Here are my questions now. If I already have MyTether and MyFlashlight installed via the "rooting" methods, can I use WebOS Quick Install 2.0 to cleanly uninstall these apps? If not, can you suggest how I can cleanly uninstall them manually, so that I can reinstall them using WebOS Quick Install 2.0?
  3.    #623  
    Quote Originally Posted by lnong View Post
    Nice work Jason!

Here are my questions now. If I already have MyTether and MyFlashlight installed via the "rooting" methods, can I use WebOS Quick Install 2.0 to cleanly uninstall these apps? If not, can you suggest how I can cleanly uninstall them manually, so that I can reinstall them using WebOS Quick Install 2.0?
    I'm still waiting for those devs to release updated ipk files with the necessary postinst and prerm scripts, but once they release those, I'll make sure everyone knows how to uninstall the old versions. In the meantime, feel free to mention to those devs that you want updated ipk files
    This is great. I really like how now you can download them all at at once to your hard drive.

Edit: Just saw the tweaks screen and the ability to unistall from the application, now how awesome it that!!
    Last edited by mamouton; 08/16/2009 at 09:11 AM.
    quick question on soylatte to run java 6 on macos tiger. i am not a programer of any type. is the install of soy latte easy or do you need knowledge in code and what not. can someone show me a link with instructions for novices regarding soy latte. thanks
  6.    #626  
    Quote Originally Posted by morty25 View Post
    quick question on soylatte to run java 6 on macos tiger. i am not a programer of any type. is the install of soy latte easy or do you need knowledge in code and what not. can someone show me a link with instructions for novices regarding soy latte. thanks
    Installing the JDK 1.6 on Mac OS X The Video
    it wont work for me after i download the web0s installer, nothing else comes up what should i do?
  8.    #628  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe215 View Post
    it wont work for me after i download the web0s installer, nothing else comes up what should i do?
    Well, as stated in the first post, my new policy for software support is I'll need the following information from you before I can help:
    - Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely

Plus, in your case it's be helpful to know if you mean WebOSQuickInstall downloads WebOSDoctor then closes, or if it does not launch at all
    so will the update allow this to work with vista 64 bit? because i tried doing this a couple days ago and it would not recognize my device.
    Can anyone tell me how long does it take for the WebOS doctor to be installed? I've spent days trying to figure all of this out and I'm getting nowhere.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  11.    #631  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynda1 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how long does it take for the WebOS doctor to be installed? I've spent days trying to figure all of this out and I'm getting nowhere.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    You don't install WebOSDoctor, you only download it to the same directory as WebOSQuickInstall
    I'm pretty sure I followed all the instructions correctly. I can run webOSdoctor, but when I start up webOS Quick Install, nothing happens. I'm on Mac OSX 10.5.8. Any clues?
  13.    #633  
    Quote Originally Posted by rubyji View Post
    I'm pretty sure I followed all the instructions correctly. I can run webOSdoctor, but when I start up webOS Quick Install, nothing happens. I'm on Mac OSX 10.5.8. Any clues?
    Did you do the /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences thing, like mentionedd in post #1?
    Below sounds like the solution to my problem, but I don't quite know what to do. Which binary do I download from SoyLatte - Port of BSD Java ?

If I run the commands below in Terminal will that start the installer, or do I do that and then run the installer, etc.? I've managed to install the SDK and put a simple app on my phone, it's so frustrating that I can't get at these homebrews!

Quote Originally Posted by precntrl View Post
    Sounds like you either have a PowerPC Mac or a Intel Core Duo. If that's the case, you will need to install SoyLatte and run Java manually

cd /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/soylatte16-i386-1.0.3/bin/
    ./java -jar ~/Downloads/WebOSQuickInstall.jar (or wherever)

Not sure exactly why it requires 1.6.0, but it's really lame that Apple doesn't include a 32-bit Java 6 VM.
    Yes, everything is up to date. But I see from another post that maybe I need "SoyLatte." But I'm not exactly sure how to do that. I'm on a brand new MacBook Pro - Intel Core 2 Duo. Thanks for your help!
    OK, my bad! I thought Mac's software updater was the final word, but apparently not. I downloaded Java 6 from Apple and installed that. Changed the preferences at /Applications/Utilities/Java Preferences (but /Applications/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences does not work, BTW).

Now the Quick Installer seems to be running fine. Sorry, another case of user error. ;-)
    I keep getting the no device found error when I try to install this. Anyone know how to fix that?
  18.    #638  
    Quote Originally Posted by badamson View Post
    I keep getting the no device found error when I try to install this. Anyone know how to fix that?
    Please read my Troubleshooting Guide
    what if we already went through that list, and still getting the error? im on vista 64 and i know some people have had troubles, but some got it to work...
  20.    #640  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post
    what if we already went through that list, and still getting the error? im on vista 64 and i know some people have had troubles, but some got it to work...
    Are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator?
    Also, open up Command Prompt/Terminal and type:
    Code:
    novacom -l
    (that's a lowercase L by the way) and tell me what output you see.