Page 30 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    i have windows xp and i downloaded the webOSquickinstall, it then downloaded the webOSdoctor as well. I then opened the WebOSQuickinstall and the program booted up. I dragged the FCoaster into the program and clicked install.

It then gives me the:

Error 1:
    connection refused :connect

then it gives me:

Error: No Device found.

I do have the most recent java.

PLEASE HELP.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    i go to the download page, click the link, and nothing happens... anyone else having this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by ma5eo View Post
    i have windows xp and i downloaded the webOSquickinstall, it then downloaded the webOSdoctor as well. I then opened the WebOSQuickinstall and the program booted up. I dragged the FCoaster into the program and clicked install.

It then gives me the:

Error 1:
    connection refused :connect

then it gives me:

Error: No Device found.

I do have the most recent java.

PLEASE HELP.
    make sure ur phone is in dev mode
    If one is able to load code and patches via WebOS Quick Install, how much more difficult would it be to create a "hackmaster" style GUI for loading hacks and patches?
    Last edited by sir_mycroft; 08/12/2009 at 04:24 PM.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    i am trying to download the homebrew app onto my phone and it says not found, no connection. error! please help i have followed all the directions and i'm getting frustrated!!
    thank you
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    The file open dialog seems a little off. Double-clicking to open a folder only works sporadically. I usually have to double-click on the folder several times before it opens. And the icon for "up one folder" is grayed out, so if I go into a folder and then change my mind (or I accidentally opened the wrong folder, or I double-clicked too many times and overshot) the only way to go back is to use the pull-down list of locations.

I'm guessing this is some kind of Java buginess, and it doesn't prevent me from using the app, but it's odd.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thank you sooooooo much, I finally got it installed
    Fixed No Device Found Problem. I went to Device Manager. Located Palm Novacom. There was a yellow question mark next to it. Clicked and went to update driver. plugged in Pre and waited 20- 30 sec. Found new hardware balloon came up and device was now found.
    I downloaded WebOS and I tried to install fileCoaster, however, I keep getting an error message: No Device Found. I checked to settings, I have it on USB Device several times. Also, tried on emulator just in case and it gave me the same message.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    i cant get it to download iot just keeps going back to the page to download it what to do ?????
    I have read this entire thread and tried all of the solutions so here it goes, I have windows XP, novacom recognizes my phone when it is not in developer mode, as soon as i put it in developer mode novacom goes away. I tried reinstalling novacom using your instructions to no avail. The crazy thing is it actually did work the first time, I followed you instructions to add launcher pages, I followed them to the letter, and it worked. I have been trying to do other patches using this method, i can pull the code using quick install while not in developer mode but it won't let me write back to the phone.
    help please,
    Mathew
    I don't know what's happening on my computer here. I've installed the latest version of Java and proceeded to install webosquick install and when I chose "yes" on the webdoctor it goes through its download, finishes and the status box dissapears and nothing happens after that. It is nowhere to be found in my computer. I've done this now 5 times. can anyone tell me what i'm doin' wrong? Thanks.
    I have a problem running WebOS quick install because I had to stop the download of the big file that goes with the program (spacing on name right now, but it's 198 megs or so) and now it works really poorly with many of the buttons doing nothing. What do I have to do to get it to reinstall, I looked everywhere I could think of for some installation files only to find nothing.
    i saved webosquickinstall on my pc and when i click on it, it requires me to download webosdoctor. when i clik yes to download now, nothing happens afterwards no matter how long i wait...i also have my popups turned off. what should i do???
    Damn Im Lost Kinda Slow Wit Comp Programs Not Explained Barney Style. Lol When I Type In The (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart) and try to enable the developer mode it says (your device needs to reset for this action to take effect) will this erase all my contact, pixs, music, ect???? Can Any1 Plz Help Me Out.

Many Thanx
    i cant get these apps. i cant download nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by maxtoto View Post
    after reinstalling or clicking the novacom re(installation) under the WEBOS quickstart options and having the device in developer mode, what i did to make it work was instead of clicking "just charge" on the phone i clicked "Usb Drive". I waited till it opened up by viewing my computer in start and clicked the PRE icon under "my computer" to view the phones files just like a usb drive I left that window open and I then reopened the WEBOS quickstart program and clicked the install with the fileCoaster program all ready in the IPK's section of programs. I magically worked , i hope this helps.
    Friendly reminder....THIS WORKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by afranco169 View Post
    Damn Im Lost Kinda Slow Wit Comp Programs Not Explained Barney Style. Lol When I Type In The (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart) and try to enable the developer mode it says (your device needs to reset for this action to take effect) will this erase all my contact, pixs, music, ect???? Can Any1 Plz Help Me Out.

Many Thanx
    It will just restart the phone, ur contacts will be fine.
    i tried doing the method above to no help. im still getting no device found. anyone able to fix that?
    im having trouble with installing annything from Index of /feeds/preware/all i tryin to get terminal to work ...nothing. i drag it into webos quick install it says installing ...installed but it doesnt show up on the pre.
    i also tryed installiing the led ipk and no luck not sure whats wrong but i am super confused. since it say these apps install and dont.