Page 28 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    works great
    i can't download the WebOSQuickInstall.jar !!!!!!!!!! im so sad...
    Im going crazy
    first off thanks for this .. its gonna help me tons once I get it installed

Im running windows vista
    I installed everything..
    yet I still get "no deviced found"
    I tried doing the orca thing on the novacom.. but it didnt work..
    I download java.1.6 for mac os x eventho i have vista.. but its just a file since I dont have a mac.. what am I suppoused to do with it?

Thank you for your time and help
    NVM
    idk what I did but it worked!!
    thank you so much!
    download mirror is not working. Any help? I get this link appears to be broken.
    yup the link is dead. ANy help?

I guess the attachment on the first post is old too.
  7.    #547  
    I'm out at the moment, but until I get home, I suggest you guys use the normal download of the file attached to first post, which I update every new version (need to register on the forums to download it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm out at the moment, but until I get home, I suggest you guys use the normal download of the file attached to first post, which I update every new version (need to register on the forums to download it)
    Great that's good to know. Will download that attachment then. Thank you
    Everytime I try to download the Mirror I keep getting an error message saying the LINK IS BROKEN. please advise
    Download link is Broken
    ", you will see a question window pop up after download, set it to USB device - at which point you'll see the main window for WebOS Quick install"

didnt see any of this...what do I do?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I might just be stupid!!! I downloaded the zip file but when i open it i do not see a jar file anywhere. Is there a step by step guide to help install this thing for not so savvy non computer experts?
    Another problem has arose...

I got WebOS Quick Install to recognize my Pre. Now it goes through the whole install sequence, but i don't see them in my launcher. Also, when I try to use filecoaster now, every app installation results in "Installation Error". Any help???
    OK, Can anybody tell me why i can not get this to work. I' on Mac osx 10.5.6, I have the latest version of Java, I have moved it to the top on the list ( in Java Prefs)
    I have download the newest version, of this software, and Everytime i double click it just unpacks it to a folder. I have trid opening it with java, but I get a unable to open error message.

Can someone who has this running on their mac Please Help.

Thanks, Jeff
    I downloaded about 30 homebrew apps into my pre and now I cant download anything. Also the filecoaster app always has a error when I try to install anything from it. Can anyone help me......
    I have a 4 year old Mac running the latest Apple OS. Because my Mac is not an Intel processor Mac, I can't install Java SE 6. So, when I tried to launch the WebOS Installer, I click on the .jar file and nothing happens. How can I get the Installer up and running (without buying a new Mac?)
    After a frustrating weekend tyring to get this process to work, I finally got it this afternoon. I did the same thing as Saturday, but today it was a miracle..worked perfectly!! Started with filecoaster, them added some other apps. Once I was finished, I realized that all apps but filecoaster downloaded. I went through the process again (I haven't gotten any errors), but after reboot of my pre, I still don't have filecoaster. Any ideas why all other apps are downloading, but filecoaster is not?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    trying to install filecoaster, have webos quick install working and when i go to install, it says, no device found. yet my computer recognizes my pre. any help
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgould2 View Post
    I have a 4 year old Mac running the latest Apple OS. Because my Mac is not an Intel processor Mac, I can't install Java SE 6. So, when I tried to launch the WebOS Installer, I click on the .jar file and nothing happens. How can I get the Installer up and running (without buying a new Mac?)
    I'm pretty sure you'll need to find or borrow one so that you can get Java SE 6.

I was in a similar situation and could never find any other way. However, once you get file coaster on your Pre, you don't need the other OS/Computer.

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brex View Post
    trying to install filecoaster, have webos quick install working and when i go to install, it says, no device found. yet my computer recognizes my pre. any help
    Read back through this thread for instructions on reinstalling Novacom. There's an option in WebOS Quick Install for this. That worked for me.