Page 25 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    I need help. I've installed JAVA, downloaded WEBOS Quick Install... and when I double click all it does is bring up command box for a quick second and then closes. Nothing else happens. Im running Vista 64bit.
  2. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srfcrzy View Post
    FYI, it looks (yet again) like those of us with Mac OS X 10.4 will not be able to participate.

Java 6 system requirements for Mac include Mac OS X 10.5.7.
    Yep.

Though I ended up buying my new Mac finally (after a 3 year postponement!) today so when I get it here I might try.
    I can't get to it either, keeps timing out...
    there is no way at all for us running mac osX 10.4.11(tiger) to get involved in this?? i cant even get palm sdk because of my version of Mac OS. i feel left in the dark, and these apps look real useful. any help or tricks or are folks like me just plain beat??
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I am clicking the WebOsQuickinstall.jar it is not working for me. It says that I need the web os doctor and when I click "Yes" the app turns off. Can I have some help, please...thanks.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Thank you! This works great!
    Jason,
    Everything downloaded correctly but i have no device detected error when i go to tools-device management
    I previously downloaded the prebrew method and was able to install apps via drag and drop. I went into services.msc and checked novacom was running. How do i get it to recognize my device again?
    Yes i'm in developer mode and 'just charge'
    Any help would be appreciated
    When i hit the download button in filefront it times out!
    Any other link to the WebOS Quick Install .jar file?
    Quote Originally Posted by spikeypaul View Post
    When i hit the download button in filefront it times out!
    Any other link to the WebOS Quick Install .jar file?
    don't use the mirror, use the attachment hosted on precentral at the bottom of the first post
    also it doesnt seem to work if you are using chrome to DL you need to use IE worked fine for me when I switched browsers
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    I am able to uninstall apps that I put on there with prebrew, but I can't install any apps with webos quick install. Is this just me?
    Both Vista 64 and Win7 64 are not liking my pre...

screenshot from Vista64

edit: sorry, resized

Great app! Thanks!
    Two questions:
    1) Bookmarks went back to defaults after going into Developer mode. Any way to restore? Am backed up via Palm web sync.
    2) Couldn't download woot app via URL, but was able to via USB. Here is URL: http://www.deliciousmorsel.com/files/wooton-0.1.ipk . Thoughts?
    Thanks!
    i have the same exact problem
    i have no idea what the idea is -- just went through the steps on my vista 64 laptop and it worked first try...we'll see as to whether or not it works after a restart or two...loading up apps before tempting my fate
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I have the same problem... When i plug my Pre in it trying to install the novacom software. Vista cannot find anything to install novacom so it fails. then click on install on the quick installer and no device found. So I'm guessing I need to get novacom installed some how....
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    ohh NICE I got it to install... Ok what I had to do is run the OS doctor and it will install the novacom. After it installs, it asks you to plug in the pre, I did NOT connect the Pre. I closed the OS doctor and then plugeed in the pre and clicked install on the quick installer. BAM, it worked... Thanks guys!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I am running Vista32 Home Premium with Java updated and my Pre connected in Dev mode on Just Charge. WebOS 1.1 is running with USB Device selected in options and Novacomd.exe showing in the processes list. All attempts to install File Coaster receive a response of ERROR: No device found.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. TIA, and sorry for the noob issues.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by say oh shin View Post
    Both Vista 64 and Win7 64 are not liking my pre...

screenshot from Vista64

edit: sorry, resized

Was having this same issue on a Mac OS X 10.5...getting the device not found error...

For those of you having this issue, go into WebOS Quickinstall, go to File -> Options -> Attempt Novacom reinstall. Then follow instructions, then try to connect again to Pre.

Worked like a charm for me!

NOTE: After reading all of the threads about this over and over, I now realize this fix was brought up multiple times, but I didn't get that it was specifically for the error I was getting.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srfcrzy View Post
    Was having this same issue on a Mac OS X 10.5...getting the device not found error...

For those of you having this issue, go into WebOS Quickinstall, go to File -> Options -> Attempt Novacom reinstall. Then follow instructions, then try to connect again to Pre.

Worked like a charm for me!

NOTE: After reading all of the threads about this over and over, I now realize this fix was brought up multiple times, but I didn't get that it was specifically for the error I was getting.
    Thanks; tried it in Vista, reconnected, still no luck.