Page 22 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    But I found that I need to plug in the Pre before running the file! oops, haha
    I love this program. It's been working very well...for the most part. Is it just me or is Jason answering a lot of the same questions over and over and over and over. I hope this isn't one of them but I wanted to ask if you would need to uninstall an older version of the program before installing 1.4. I only ask because I read that it would also download Webosdoctor, which I already have. Thanks Jason.

Weird cycling screens after installing myTether
    Ok, I have searched for the answer to this but I can not find it. I am running vista ultimate service pack 2. I have the pre in devmode and have installed webosdoctor and quick install. I have also checked on novacom and it says that it is running. I keep getting the error no device found. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Ok. I am having problems. I've installed the lastest WEBOS. I've got Webosdoctor installed. Nova is running. I've java restalled. But, webos just wont recognize my pre. It continues to tell device not found. I'm running xp and everything seems to be running like other posts have said.
    I just got it working. I restarted my computer and it worked like a charm. Thank you so much for this app. It is working great.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I am getting a problem that I haven't seen listed yet. I got both files, put my pre in dev mode, got the Novacom working. I go into the app and I can't click options (it does nothing), I click install and nothing happens, and if I click device manager nothing happens. I have Java 6 installed as well. I am using windows 7 RC
    Quote Originally Posted by gmsols View Post
    I am getting a problem that I haven't seen listed yet. I got both files, put my pre in dev mode, got the Novacom working. I go into the app and I can't click options (it does nothing), I click install and nothing happens, and if I click device manager nothing happens. I have Java 6 installed as well. I am using windows 7 RC
    I have this same problem, except I am using XP. Any help?
    I had this problem:
    ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [8/4/2009 6:57:24 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestParse)
    - Exception reading manifest from file:///C:/Users/Sean's/Downloads/Palmcom/META-INF/services/org.jdesktop.application.Application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
    - Source: System.Deployment
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionSto re subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
    --- Inner Exception ---
    System.Xml.XmlException
    - Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
    - Source: System.Xml
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
    at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestValidatingReader.XmlFilteredReader.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlCharCheckingReader.Read()
    at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.Read()
    at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

So it didnt install.
    unzipped and it created the Meta folder, and inside was:
    org.jdesktop.application.
    I clicked on it and got this error:
    verifying components then BOOM:
    cannot star application
    cannot continue. The application is improperly formatted.
    Contact the application vendor for assistance.
    I'm having a problem with not enough memory - it says to delete some programs to free up memory.

Using every method to upload the ipk. I have downloaded most of the programs on the Beta App Store plus most of the apps here at Pre-Central HomeBrews section. I have still 4.3 GB of space left of the Pre,

Does plam put a limit of how much space we get for uploading programs? Do I need to start deleting programs? Is there anyelse having these issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    As stated earlier, Linux and Mac versions are currently bugged and a fix is on the way.

Are you using a real Pre device or the emulator? Make sure if you're using a real Pre that the WebOSQuickInstall options is set to "USB Device". Is it in developer mode enabled? When you plug in your device, do you choose "just charge"?

As stated, there is currently a mac/linux bug preventing the app from launching.

There is no real setup other than have the requirements listed in post #1 installed and copy the WebOSDoctor file to the same folder as the WebOSQuickInstall.jar app.

Yep, that's the bug. New version is almost ready. I assure you, I do want mac/linux support working (I personally use ubuntu a lot).

I'm done on the forums for the night, should hopefully have new version ready tomorrow
    I'm having the Connection refused error - am running Windows but am not very tech savvy with the WinTel OS. Phone is in Dev Mode, "Just Charge," and I have the option to "safely remove Palm Novacom" which makes me think that Novacom is running just fine. Anyone who can help?!
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I keep getting a connection failed error? Anyone else? Is there a solution?
    ok i finally did get the webos quickinstaller, installed. Had to change the "open with" instead of unzipping, my bad.
    Now when I'm using the quickinstaller, I have changed the phone into developer mode and connected it and selected "charge mode only". I'm trying to get the filecoaster into the program and get errors saying
    ! C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\Install\carpenterslevel_0.1.0_all.ipk(the system cannot find the path specified)
    OK
    I just clicked on the file and yet it says it cannot find it?
    Ok, like a senior moment, I realize my errors. Be sure to even have that folder on the computer, which I now do, and all the .ipks are there now .
    Hopefully, someone else can not make this mistake. I didnt know the program was locked into that folder only.
    I know that this program doesnt allow using putty or wifi to access the Pre, but that is ok.
    Hi!

Thanks for this great program, unfortunately it does not work for me. Followed your instructions, Java is working fine (Your Java is working. Lastest Java installed. Your Java configuration is as follows: Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. Version: Java 6 Update 15, Operating System: Windows Vista 6.0, Architecture: x86 - info from the website-test) but when I open webosquickinstall, this pops up:

"Invalid or corrupt jarfile"

Has this been reported yet, or is there a solution to this?
  16.    #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketace150 View Post
    I love this program. It's been working very well...for the most part. Is it just me or is Jason answering a lot of the same questions over and over and over and over. I hope this isn't one of them but I wanted to ask if you would need to uninstall an older version of the program before installing 1.4. I only ask because I read that it would also download Webosdoctor, which I already have. Thanks Jason.
    Just put your already-downloaded copy of WebOSDoctor in the same folder as the current version of WebOSQuickInstall and it'll run.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew311 View Post
    Ok. I am having problems. I've installed the lastest WEBOS. I've got Webosdoctor installed. Nova is running. I've java restalled. But, webos just wont recognize my pre. It continues to tell device not found. I'm running xp and everything seems to be running like other posts have said.
    Make sure DevMode is enabled and that WebOSQuickInstall's options are set to "USB Device"

Quote Originally Posted by gmsols View Post
    That sounds as if your copy of WebOSDoctor is corrupt somehow. I'd suggest deleting it and redownloading.

Quote Originally Posted by sbrad425 View Post
    I'm having a problem with not enough memory - it says to delete some programs to free up memory.

Does plam put a limit of how much space we get for uploading programs? Do I need to start deleting programs? Is there anyelse having these issues?
    See http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ghlight=memory

Quote Originally Posted by juliel View Post
    I'm having the Connection refused error - am running Windows but am not very tech savvy with the WinTel OS. Phone is in Dev Mode, "Just Charge," and I have the option to "safely remove Palm Novacom" which makes me think that Novacom is running just fine. Anyone who can help?!
    Try disabling the re-enabling DevMode. If that fails, try re-installing Novacom via these instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Reaper View Post
    I keep getting a connection failed error? Anyone else? Is there a solution?
    See my above response. Also, read my FAQs post.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiski View Post
    "Invalid or corrupt jarfile"

Has this been reported yet, or is there a solution to this?
    Sounds like a download issue. Try this Download Mirror.
    HELP
    Sorry for repeating the same help request as others before me, but I still can't get the Install to work (obviously I am a newbee). I installed everything OK and am able to open up the program, but when I put a file into the app and click install, I get a "device not found" error. I tried all of the suggestions in the previous posts but still have no luck. Anyone have an idea as to what else I need to do??
    Could someone post the size of WebOSQuickInstall.jar ? I keep getting a 32 KB file but filefront says it's 761.49 KB. Unfortunately, I cannot dl it from filefront for some unknown reason...

Edit: Nevermind, finally got the ACTUAL file. Sorry for that.
    Last edited by Wiski; 08/05/2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: filefront being annoying, me being impatient.
    Okay I downloaded WebOSquickinstall and webosdoctor. I tried opening the quick install but it won't open on my mac osx 10.4. Any idea where I can get java 1.6? I googled it but you have to pay everywhere I've looked.

Once I have that, what do I do? Do I put quick install on my pre? I can't find anything anywhere that says what to do once you've downloaded those files. Maybe I missed something?
  20.    #440  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice375 View Post
    Okay I downloaded WebOSquickinstall and webosdoctor. I tried opening the quick install but it won't open on my mac osx 10.4. Any idea where I can get java 1.6? I googled it but you have to pay everywhere I've looked.

Once I have that, what do I do? Do I put quick install on my pre? I can't find anything anywhere that says what to do once you've downloaded those files. Maybe I missed something?
    Should have been included in Mac updates. Only online article I could find was this one, which says Mac OS X 10.5. Oh, and go /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences to see if you already have it downloaded