Page 2 of 184 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    When we click device manager and see the installed versions on the pre, could it also show version numbers?
    You mean the device management screen. Good idea. I'll add it next version

Quote Originally Posted by terryg View Post
    Just like when I use the SDK method or the PreBrew method, this says it works, but the apps never appear. Funny thing is, from the tools menu, I can see the installed apps - including those I installed via email weeks ago.
    Sounds like a while back you changed where your launcher scans for the apps. I'll PM you with a possible solution

Quote Originally Posted by bigmase View Post
    it says: insert the disk that came with your novacom linux, I don't have it so i click next, and says it was unable to install your novacom linux, and I can't get the WebOS Quick Install to recgonize my pre.
    For Linux, you can try Linux nerds rejoice: Linux Novacom leaked - all things Pre - PreThinking

Leaked novacom driver from before the SDK was released publicly. Works for me on Ubuntu and is only a few KB
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 07/25/2009 at 04:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    OMG.... Nice work and works great..
    Vista home
    i tried all the others and did all the prereq's with no success. and this worked right after the download. Props to all the work put into it. Now time to let some of my other techs to play with some new toys.
    Works great, thanks for the hard work of putting this together!
    When I save the driver it says as a ipa file, and it tries to save to my tiunes, lol, maybe this is too advanced for me, it seems i am close, but yet far.... do I need to save it another way?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmase View Post
    When I save the driver it says as a ipa file, and it tries to save to my tiunes, lol, maybe this is too advanced for me, it seems i am close, but yet far.... do I need to save it another way?
    if I had to guess, you'd need to rename from .deb.ipa to simply .deb
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.... awesome updating going on the Homebrew today! (filecoaster too)
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Forgive me for being a total noob, but I have never worked with a *.jar file. How does one install such an app? I have the latest version of Java and everything.
    when I click on the download link it is not downloading the Jar file. It is downloading something else..
  9. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Am I the only ***** who can't get this to work? I am on a Mac and there is no longer a readme... I double click on the jar, it appears to open but then it closes (or appears to). I have the latest Java, and I have Novacom, do I need to RUN novacom or something?

I have installed filecoaster so I guess I don't really NEED this anymore but it sure would be nice to figure out what's wrong.

Thanks.
    My Pre doesn't install any of the Homebrew apps.
    When I use this, it says "Error: No Device Found". I uninstalled the SDK, and reinstalled it. Restarted my computer. Then I tried to restart the Pre, and it still doesn't want to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    inside the Zip File is a jar. I suspect you're trying to open the jar and that's giving you the error. Inside the zip is a ReadMe.html (basically describes my above post) and WebOSQuickInstall.jar (the app)

EDIT: thanks to Dieter for adding .jar upload support, uploading the the unzipped jar file now

EDIT2: uploaded to first post
    Maybe I'm brain dead. I downloaded "WebOSQuickInstall.jar" (didn't find any zip file)
    I unpacked the file and I get the following folders...ca, com, META-INF, net, org and resources (see attached). Within these folders I do not find any exe files, ReadMe.html or anything to install the application. What am I missing?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I unzipped the .jar file and looked until I found the org.jdesktop.application file. I click it and it says "cannot continue. The application is improperly formatted. Contact the application vendor for assistance."
    Rufrank, it is in Meta-Inf - services folder. Then I get an error as I posted..
    the ".jar" file isn't executable for everyone?
    I used winrar and it unpacked it but will not install
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Forgive me for being a total noob, but I have never worked with a *.jar file. How does one install such an app? I have the latest version of Java and everything.
    Simply double click it and application will launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    when I click on the download link it is not downloading the Jar file. It is downloading something else..
    It is. Jar files are also classified as archives by some programs. Are you running windows?

Quote Originally Posted by tuz View Post
    Am I the only ***** who can't get this to work? I am on a Mac and there is no longer a readme... I double click on the jar, it appears to open but then it closes (or appears to). I have the latest Java, and I have Novacom, do I need to RUN novacom or something?

I have installed filecoaster so I guess I don't really NEED this anymore but it sure would be nice to figure out what's wrong
    As stated in post #1:
    For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.
    That will fix things for you

And you will need my app if you want to install apps that would otherwise need to be done on rooted Pres. MyTether, Flashlight, Terminal, etc. Besides, my app offers much more than just installing apps

Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    My Pre doesn't install any of the Homebrew apps.
    When I use this, it says "Error: No Device Found". I uninstalled the SDK, and reinstalled it. Restarted my computer. Then I tried to restart the Pre, and it still doesn't want to work.
    Are you in DevMode and did you choose "Just charge" when you plugged your Pre in?
    I renamed .download to .jar and made sure open with sun java was set and it worked.

windows vista
    Last edited by Mannyman; 07/25/2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: platform
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Are you in DevMode and did you choose "Just charge" when you plugged your Pre in?
    Yes, I just turned off DevMode, restarted, turned it back on, restarted. And I still get the same error.

Am I supposed to unzip the .jar file?
    When i double click it, it opens the program.
  19.    #39  
    No, everyone, do not unzip the .jar.

If double clicking the .jar does nothing for you and you're running Windows, try right clicking on the .jar file, choose "Open with..." and navigate to and select: C:/Program Files/Java/jre6/bin/javaw.exe
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    Yes, I just turned off DevMode, restarted, turned it back on, restarted. And I still get the same error.

Am I supposed to unzip the .jar file?
    When i double click it, it opens the program.
    What OS are you running? Windows 7?