Page 19 of 184 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969119 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by elwood17 View Post
    I just installed the latest version and finally it opens up like it should.
    I put a file into the app and click install and I get a 'device not found error.
    I have exited and reentered devmode, plugged in the pre as Charge Only, and made sure its on, and nothing !

    I am on a mac 10.5.7

    Any ideas?
    Thanks

    Short answer - try rebooting your mac. I'm on WinXP, and it worked for me.

    I was having a problem installing apps, even after deleting some to try to make room.

    After my latest effort, I was having the same problem you did - I ended up rebooting my computer, and all of a sudden I could download apps again. Well, temporarily - it appears that there is some kind of limit to the number of apps you can have on the Pre.
  2. #362  
    Tried that also and no go. Everythinfg works fine, the cable is good (I tried it as a USB Drive and it recognized the Pre) but the WebOS QuickInstall doesn't seem to see it.
  3. #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by dharris007 View Post
    I really appreciate the reply Jason, I've tried both of those suggestions before, and just gave them another shot now just for good measure, but still no luck at all. I saw a comment about reinstalling the SDK, but I'm sure I read that your latest versions do not require it.

    I am still stuck, but would humor any other tips you can provide.

    I know you've solved your problem, but I wanted to pass something along. I figured out that I had a bunch of bad downloads - for some reason my IPK's downloaded at 40kb, and it was those files that wouldn't install.

    I'm re-downloading them and installing them no problem.
  4. #364  
    after the first version of WebOS Quick Install, nothing would install anymore. It transfers the files and says installing, but they dont show up on the Pre as installed or anything. I have everything working just like it should, my Pre is in dev mode and its rooted. i have other homebrew apps installed, and the only way i can seem to install anything is thru Terminal.
    I am on Vista 32bit. Again, everything is installed right. Novacom is running (i stopped and restarted it, and reinstalled it) and reinstalled the SDK. still nothing. Any ideas?
  5. #365  
    I was afraid to root my pre due to warranty stuff like that. This way I can get in through the back door and delete them when I'm done Thanks!
  6. #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    I know you've solved your problem, but I wanted to pass something along. I figured out that I had a bunch of bad downloads - for some reason my IPK's downloaded at 40kb, and it was those files that wouldn't install.

    I'm re-downloading them and installing them no problem.
    Thanks for the info, glad to see you are up and running as well... so far so good!
  7. jdale's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    #367  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    I know you've solved your problem, but I wanted to pass something along. I figured out that I had a bunch of bad downloads - for some reason my IPK's downloaded at 40kb, and it was those files that wouldn't install.

    I'm re-downloading them and installing them no problem.
    If you right-click on the link for the ipk and select Save As, at least in Firefox, it gives that result - a very small file which is useless. You have to click the link and wait for it to give you the save option. I think this is because the link isn't actually linking directly to the ipk, it's doing some kind of forwarding (maybe to prevent direct links from outside of PreCentral? not sure).
  8. cmajorkey's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    EDIT: just realized you said Emulator, my bad. Take a look at File->Options in my app's menu. Be sure to set the Device to "Emulator"
    Hi, I set my device to Emulator and it still says "Device not found". I follow the troubleshoot steps for Vista on this page http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html and it's still not recognizing my device. What could be the problem?

    Thanks,
    John
  9. cmajorkey's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajorkey View Post
    Hi, I set my device to Emulator and it still says "Device not found". I follow the troubleshoot steps for Vista on this page http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html and it's still not recognizing my device. What could be the problem?

    Thanks,
    John
    Hi, I've resolved this and was able to install fileCoaster. Thanks!
  10. #370  
    Can the new version install "My Flashlight" which requires rooting?
  11. #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    If you right-click on the link for the ipk and select Save As, at least in Firefox, it gives that result - a very small file which is useless. You have to click the link and wait for it to give you the save option. I think this is because the link isn't actually linking directly to the ipk, it's doing some kind of forwarding (maybe to prevent direct links from outside of PreCentral? not sure).
    I re-downloaded the apps using Firefox's right-click and save, then installed with no problem last night. The ones I had a problem with were all downloaded on the same night last week pretty much right after each other. Maybe one of the Mods here can clue us in better.

    Heh, my first post to this forum from my Pre!
  12. #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by xyther4523 View Post
    after the first version of WebOS Quick Install, nothing would install anymore. It transfers the files and says installing, but they dont show up on the Pre as installed or anything. I have everything working just like it should, my Pre is in dev mode and its rooted. i have other homebrew apps installed, and the only way i can seem to install anything is thru Terminal.
    I am on Vista 32bit. Again, everything is installed right. Novacom is running (i stopped and restarted it, and reinstalled it) and reinstalled the SDK. still nothing. Any ideas?
    Check the file sizes of the ipk's, my post above (and a reply) indicate that you can get an incomplete download which will cause the problems you describe.
  13. #373  
    Thank you
  14. #374  
    Quote Originally Posted by acheron800 View Post
    Can the new version install "My Flashlight" which requires rooting?
    Nope :P
  15.    #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    Can the new version install "My Flashlight" which requires rooting?
    Nope :P
    Long story. Technically there is a work-around, however it could get very confusing for new users. Which is why I'm trying to implement that custom .ipk install feature (currently not working). The issue is that the feature is currently working on the emulator, but not the real device (which I don't have ) So if you have a real device and wanna be a beta tester (no guarantees), PM your IM info (yahoo, aim, msn, or gtalk preferred).
  16. #376  
    I got mine installed on Vista 64 bit. I had a bit of a problem at first with Novacom driver but went into WebOS Quick Install - selected options - clicked on reinstall Novacom and it worked fine. Installed my first app! Very quick and easy. Thanks for your time on this.
  17. skulbonz's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #377  
    I was leary about putting home brew apps on my Pre. I thought I would jam it up and have to bring it back to Sprint and request a new one because I screwed it up. I know nothing about rooting or writing code or anything.

    I downloaded this app last night and used it right away. I added two home brew apps with ease. I couldn't believe how easy it was. Thanks for this great program. It works flawlessly!!!!

  18. #378  
    has anyone been sucessful using a Mac/windows/on a Parallels emulator? I have it all set up but when I try and install an app I get an error message device not found.

    any suggestions..
  19. #379  
    Is there a Novacom for amd64 instead of i386?

    I am using Ubuntu "Jaunty" on a 64bit machine, everything installs but the Novacom.
  20.    #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by techgnoll View Post
    Is there a Novacom for amd64 instead of i386?

    I am using Ubuntu "Jaunty" on a 64bit machine, everything installs but the Novacom.
    I believe if you use the -force-architecture flag in terminal, you can force the novacom

    eg./
    sudo dpkg --force-architecture -i <filename>.deb

Posting Permissions