Page 180 of 184 FirstFirst ... 80130170175176177178179180181182183184 LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    What problems are you having?

I have downloaded the files according to the guide and never had a problem. I'm even running Win7 and still never had any issues getting it to work. You should probably wait until the new version comes out tomorrow anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    I read the guides.....still can't get anything to work......you guy should find a way to make a simple way to do it...instead of tons of different files that I have to try to work with....
    those files work side by side. try and read the first post by Jason.
    By Jason
    WebOSDoctor recovery rom
    As of v1.2, WebOSQuickInstall can download and setup WebOSDoctor's file for you.
    Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS 1.03 factory settings
    If you want to download it on your own, Sprint download here, Bell download here (use either if you're just using emulator) and copy that .jar file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    Java 1.6
    For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.
    Novacom - As of v1.1, this now gets setup through WebOS Quick Install.
    You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
    If you have issues and you're on Windows, try following these instructions (even if you aren't on Windows 7).
    For Linux, try downloading the Novacom file here.

DevMode enabled
    This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.
    note: there is an app in the homebrew that can easly be use to turn on/off DevMode. after typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" to open DevMode for the first time, try and install DevMode app.

Lastly, when you plug in the device, if you want to use WebOS Quick Install, choose the "Just Charge" option on the device.

Running WebOS Quick Install
    Simply double-click WebOSQuickInstall.jar and (as long as Java is installed properly) it will launch

Hope it work for you good luck
  3.    #3583  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    I read the guides.....still can't get anything to work......you guy should find a way to make a simple way to do it...instead of tons of different files that I have to try to work with....
    I'll need more info than "still can't get anything to work" to help you. What particular error are you getting? It might seem like a hassle with a bunch of files, its mainly due to the fact I'm not allow to redistribute any Palm files, and even then, only an unlucky minority have issues.

On a similar topic, I've received 2 email reports from Mac Snow Leopard users that Novacom isn't installing for them. Can anyone attest/detest to the claim?

Also, I've just finished the last bug in my new patcher! Woot! You guys will not appreciate how much work was put into this new patch, which is probably why I keep bringing it up, lol.

For example, with 2.5, when you get a patch is unable to be applied successfully, instead of having to manually uncheck and hope it reverts and being stuck with possibly an un-usable interface, the new patcher undoes the patch on the spot (in a whole new way, might I add). Essentially, if an patch can't apply properly, it gives a detailed error and cancels that patch

And regarding release time today, expect early afternoon, coinciding with a front page post. At which time I'll do the big task of posting a new thread with the relevant links/info from this thread, and getting a mod or Dieter to close this thread.

Also, I hope to have a semi-minor update, 2.6, out in the next week, with minor stuff I've been meaning to update for a while (updated app info windows, detailed error reporting, and such).
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/19/2009 at 01:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    For example, with 2.5, when you get a patch is unable to be applied successfully, instead of having to manually uncheck and hope it reverts and being stuck with possibly an un-usable interface, the new patcher undoes the patch on the spot (in a whole new way, might I add). Essentially, if an app can't apply properly, it gives a detailed error and cancels that patch
    sounds very exciting!!
    Jason, you rock bro! I already appreciate the @#$% out of it and it's not even out yet. Thanks again Jason.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Also, I've just finished the last bug in my new patcher! Woot! You guys will not appreciate how much work was put into this new patch, which is probably why I keep bringing it up, lol.
    i dont know y u say we dont appreciate ur hard work..."many of us" really do....many of the ppl that help out im not gonna even include names bc its many of us....but for sure i know me and one that i c alot helping out like "Achill3s" for sure appreciate ur work....dont know how much else we prove it...i doubt a donation really proves how much i (we) appreciate...but just wanted to let u know that i believe ur wrong on that part....UR THE BEST MAN
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    jason thank you so much for all the work you are doing for web-os quickinstall you are awesome for making it easy for non-linux people able to customize there pres again than you so much!!!!!!!
  8.    #3588  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i dont know y u say we dont appreciate ur hard work..."many of us" really do....many of the ppl that help out im not gonna even include names bc its many of us....but for sure i know me and one that i c alot helping out like "Achill3s" for sure appreciate ur work....dont know how much else we prove it...i doubt a donation really proves how much i (we) appreciate...but just wanted to let u know that i believe ur wrong on that part....UR THE BEST MAN
    Definitiely should have worded that better. I just meant I don't think the average user would realize how radical a change this new patcher is, especially since a lot of the work (being able to apply any .patch/.diff file) won't be available this version.

I couldn't ask for a better community of friends to be doing releases for, you guys are absolutely amazing.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/19/2009 at 01:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Definitiely should have worded that better. I just meant I don't think the average user would realize how radical a change this new patcher is, especially since a lot of the work (being able to apply any .patch/.diff file) won't be available this version.

I couldn't ask for a better community of friends to be doing releases for, you guys are absolutely amazing.
    jason thank you for clearificaton but i understood what you meant alot of the people that were mad because you had delays are the people who really dont apprieciate your work..i understand good things take time the stuff you develop are very good so i thank you again
    Jason, you are the MAN, man! Thank you so much for doing this for us Pre fanatics. You rock so hard, d00d. Keep it up!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    yes v1.3 had tweaks - seems since I will have to undo them all to get WebOS update, probably best to undo tweaks on v1.3, wait for update, the download WebInstall v2.6 and redo them all then. thanks Irish!
    Jason you are the best! Love your work and dedication. Truly appreciate it!
    And regarding release time today, expect early afternoon, coinciding with a front page post. At which time I'll do the big task of posting a new thread with the relevant links/info from this thread, and getting a mod or Dieter to close this thread.
    Thanks, Jason. I can't wait.

I guess we will not reach 4000 posts on this thread.
    Is it early afternoon yet? lol.

Ur still the best man...I have always appreciated all of ur hard work no matter wut!
    How funny...I went to sleep late as hell thinking (knowing) I would wake up in the afternoon to a brand new awesome 2.5!!! But no had to wake up early and now w8....ugh
    [url= / Jason Robitaille: A preview before release l ...[/url]

Be back in a few hours
    It looks awesome....can't w8!!!!
  18.    #3599  
    lol, I haven't slept yet. Taking a nap for a few hours till the rest of the puzzle pieces fall into place. You'll see what I mean later today
    lol, I haven't slept yet. Taking a nap for a few hours till the rest of the puzzle pieces fall into place. You'll see what I mean later today
    So that's just a preview...there's more?