Page 178 of 184 FirstFirst ... 78128168173174175176177178179180181182183 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by deanobrowne View Post
    I have installed preware to my palm pre. Now i can't get apps from the Palm App Catalog or use the preware updates it says not enough memory.
    Remove a few homebrew apps, install what you need from the palm catalog, then go back and install your homebrews, i know is a pain, but palm catalog has a cap on how many apps you have. however preware is not limited to this cap
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    Yes, we Windows users are pretty accustomed to clicking on an icon to run a program. You could create an icon to point to the .jar file if you wish. Just hover your mouse cursor over the file, "WebOSQuickInstall.jar", then press your secondary mouse button (possibly your right mouse button). A small window pops up - choose "Send to" then choose "Desktop (create shortcut)". Now you will have an icon on your desktop to run WebOS Quick Install.

Of course users of UNIX/Linux based systems may be more accustomed to just double-clicking the .jar file on their machines. That works the same for us Windows users as well - we just aren't used to running programs that way.
    Creating the shortcut in this manner does not work. It ask to dn load web0s doc... and then an error message shows up. Lets come up with something else
    Last edited by MICA; 09/18/2009 at 10:08 AM. Reason: complete thought
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    Ok man..I have a plan, take ur laptop with you...hide it under ur shirt. Wherever you go to celebrate, take a bathroom break to install it and then ignore her the rest of the time while you play with ur tweaks. Lol.
    lmao, good one, and worst comes to worst, since she has my Q9c I'll tell her she can play mario brothers on it while i do what i got to do, man i miss the emulator! cant wait for the FCEUX thing to come live
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Unexpected delay; WebOS Quick Install v2.5 will be out Saturday. More info why on Saturday
    Jason,

Can't wait for Saturday!

Would you consider setting up a new thread and closing this one out?

After 3,500 posts, it is ready to be set adrift. Let the next group ask where the jar file is!

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by MICA View Post
    Creating the shortcut in this manner does not work. It ask to dn load web0s doc... and then an error message shows up. Lets come up with something else
    Works for me, not sure what you're doing wrong.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  6.    #3546  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Jason,

Can't wait for Saturday!

Would you consider setting up a new thread and closing this one out?
    That actually sound like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    After 3,500 posts, it is ready to be set adrift. Let the next group ask where the jar file is!
    rofl
    Quote Originally Posted by MICA View Post
    I should have added that this procedure needs to be performed after you have downloaded the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file to your PC.

You may wish to take a look at my complete document(s) Installing and Getting Started with WebOS Quick Install (message #3339 on page 167).
    Last edited by MortiseMaker; 09/18/2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Correct typo
  8. kpn
    So last night I installed filecoaster while my wife was out of town. I downloaded a couple of homebrew apps and everything was fine. My wife got in late so I was going to sure her filecoaster this morning but I got an error message (I don't recall what it said but it looked like it was above the outline box - you know, above where the "ALL(212)" is.) Then in my carpool on the way to work this morning I got it again, then again in my buddy's car on the way to lunch and again waiting to be served (terrible waitress). I have been reading through your thread for a solution and right now as I was going to post the error its working.

Any idea what might have caused this? Are there lag moments/downtimes?

I can't wait for tomorrow now either...just got it yesterday and a new version in two days from my install - nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpn View Post
    So last night I installed filecoaster while my wife was out of town. I downloaded a couple of homebrew apps and everything was fine. My wife got in late so I was going to sure her filecoaster this morning but I got an error message (I don't recall what it said but it looked like it was above the outline box - you know, above where the "ALL(212)" is.) Then in my carpool on the way to work this morning I got it again, then again in my buddy's car on the way to lunch and again waiting to be served (terrible waitress). I have been reading through your thread for a solution and right now as I was going to post the error its working.

Any idea what might have caused this? Are there lag moments/downtimes?

I can't wait for tomorrow now either...just got it yesterday and a new version in two days from my install - nice!
    This thread is for WebOS Quick Install.

Filecoaster is a separate app which I believe has its own thread. You might ask there if others are experiencing your issue.
    Irish
    I've downloaded everything, opened up developer mode on my Pre, and manually installed novacom but i still get the error code: no device detected. What else do I need to do to get it to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by laurence.jose View Post
    I've downloaded everything, opened up developer mode on my Pre, and manually installed novacom but i still get the error code: no device detected. What else do I need to do to get it to work?
    Please read through the troubleshooting guide ("no device detected" steps in guide) on page 1, post#1 of this thread. Thanks.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Finally got it working but now seem to have problems opening my messaging app. it wont open the text from each contact.
    I cant seem to get past the recognizing stage of my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by laurence.jose View Post
    Finally got it working but now seem to have problems opening my messaging app. it wont open the text from each contact.
    Which tweaks did you add? If you added the "view text in landscape view (add avatar)" tweak, you'll need to disable this tweak. It works for some but doesn't for others. Version 2.05 will be tentatively released tomorrow which might help address this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jaharisoul View Post
    I cant seem to get past the recognizing stage of my pre
    Did you read post#1, page 1 from this thread (troubleshooting guide)?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Unexpected delay; WebOS Quick Install v2.5 will be out Saturday. More info why on Saturday
    We all appreciate your work, and maybe with v2.5 we can start a new thread??
    I encourage everyone to donate too! Thanks!!
    i keep getting error 9 no return code in streadm found? trying to update package service

i searched, saw someone had the same problem, but found no answer

whats wrong?
    Can some one help me? do we have to remove Preware, Packaging Manager Services, Accelerometer ServiceFileManage service? Also I remove the messaging landscape tweak but my messaging still go landscape. what can I do to fix that?
    Achill3s can u help?
    Can some one help me? do we have to remove Preware, Packaging Manager Services, Accelerometer ServiceFileManage service? Also I remove the messaging landscape tweak but my messaging still go landscape. what can I do to fix that?
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post
    We all appreciate your work, and maybe with v2.5 we can start a new thread??
    I encourage everyone to donate too! Thanks!!
    Good advice bill!
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    Achill3s can u help?
    Reconnect your phone, remove the tweaks, then check out:
    forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/201061-messaging-not-working-after-webos-tweaks.html

I've had the same problem and this fixed it...