Page 177 of 184 FirstFirst ... 77127167172173174175176177178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    omg i finally got it yay
    I can't wait till Saturday Jason!!! lol, you are killing me, really excited to see what you've added.
    when i try to put apps onto my pre it says to connect the device and hit okay. ive tried connecting it like a million times and it does not work and keeps saying to connect it. what should i do to fix this?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Make sure your pre is in developer mode
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Unexpected delay; WebOS Quick Install v2.5 will be out Saturday. More info why on Saturday
    I'm really looking forward to the new version, but take all the time you need. I couldn't begin to do what you have done.
    I am trying to install filecoaster on my wife's pre and I am getting the message "device not detected". I have the phone in developer mode. I have rebooted the phone and the pc. I am running XP, and I am also using the same pc and the I use to load apps on my pre. Can somebody tell me what is going on?
  7. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    i posted a couple pages ago, but didn't see any replies. is there any chance of getting a keyboard brightness tweak on WOSQI? i love the screen brightness tweak, but when i drop the slider to the new lowest setting, the keyboard backlight is turned OFF, which is bad.

some info on keyboard backlight here
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lvd View Post
    i posted a couple pages ago, but didn't see any replies. is there any chance of getting a keyboard brightness tweak on WOSQI? i love the screen brightness tweak, but when i drop the slider to the new lowest setting, the keyboard backlight is turned OFF, which is bad.

some info on keyboard backlight here
    you can download brightness unlinked i think its called its in the homebrews and you can turn the screen brightness down but the keyboards up and you dont have to have a open card cause it can run in the dashboard of your pre its very nice app
    I do not see the tweaks in my webOS install under tools, do I need an newer version?
    really! this Saturday? snap! how do i explain to my girl that this is more important then celebrating our anniversary?
    Has she seen your pre? I think she'll understand.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I have windows 7 and a palm pre. i am willing to pay someone to help me setup my phone with these homebrew apps. im above average using cpu's and phones;i just lack the time to complete this. please message me asap to get this going. im assuming we can chat over aim, gmail chat, or skype. We could also use teamviewer or mikogo to view my desktop. thank you.
    I am having a problem getting the webosdoctor to dl after i hit ok when is asks which would you like a put sprint and then ok i get this error message.... java.net.connectexception: connection refused connect.... i download the new java so im stuck
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Is anyone else getting an error when trying to upload an avatar? I keep getting:

ERROR 4: URL (No such file or directory)

I am using a PNG file, but does it have to be a certain file size or dimensions?
    Quote Originally Posted by sKor_Pre View Post
    I have a problem with the ipkg gallery viewer button. It ceases to work after updating from v2.02 to v2.03.
    I have already removed and re-installed quickinstall but still no changes.

Any suggestions to get it working again?
    Quote Originally Posted by redskyy View Post
    Is anyone else getting an error when trying to upload an avatar? I keep getting:

ERROR 4: URL (No such file or directory)

I am using a PNG file, but does it have to be a certain file size or dimensions?
    try 480px X 480px
    Quote Originally Posted by brett701 View Post
    I have windows 7 and a palm pre. i am willing to pay someone to help me setup my phone with these homebrew apps. im above average using cpu's and phones;i just lack the time to complete this. please message me asap to get this going. im assuming we can chat over aim, gmail chat, or skype. We could also use teamviewer or mikogo to view my desktop. thank you.
    isntall newest java, webOs doctor, webos quickinstall
    novacom
    This is an alternate method from the WebOS-Internals one, on how to install Novacom on Windows 7. This one is for the average user who wants an easy install.

First off, you'll need to download the WebOSDoctor recovery rom (or if you're using v1.1 of my WebOS Quick Install, you'll already have this file).
    Download and install Orca. It's a tool from Windows SDK to easily edit Microsoft Installer packages. It's a very quick and simple install.
    Go to where you downloaded the WebOSDoctor recovery rom and right click on it. Choose "Open with", then "Choose Default Program" and choose whatever archive manager you use (WinZip, WinRar, 7-Zip, etc.).
    If you don't have any archive manager, I recommend 7-Zip, it's free.
    If your archive manager isn't listed, hit the "Browse" button and navigate to find it.
    Make sure "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" is not checked. (we want "Java(TM) Platform SE binary" to always be the default)

Open up the resources folder. Scroll down through it till you find the 2 MSI files (NovacomInstaller_x64.msi and NovacomInstaller_x86.msi).
    For 32bit Windows 7, extract "NovacomInstaller_x86.msi"
    For 64bit Windows 7, extract "NovacomInstaller_x64.msi"

Right click on the extracted MSI file. Click the "Edit with Orca"

On the left "Tables" list click "InstallExecuteSequence" and on the main table, look for "installumdf.08B8BE2B_9174_49D1_84B0_40324FD7DE34" and delete it. Save and close.

Run the msi. Everything should install properly

Credits: Based on work found at CodeUtopia
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelchin36 View Post
    really! this Saturday? snap! how do i explain to my girl that this is more important then celebrating our anniversary?
    Ok man..I have a plan, take ur laptop with you...hide it under ur shirt. Wherever you go to celebrate, take a bathroom break to install it and then ignore her the rest of the time while you play with ur tweaks. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelchin36 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    Ok man..I have a plan, take ur laptop with you...hide it under ur shirt. Wherever you go to celebrate, take a bathroom break to install it and then ignore her the rest of the time while you play with ur tweaks. Lol.
    lol nice....i would so do that hahaha
    I have installed preware to my palm pre. Now i can't get apps from the Palm App Catalog or use the preware updates it says not enough memory.
  20. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    you can download brightness unlinked i think its called its in the homebrews and you can turn the screen brightness down but the keyboards up and you dont have to have a open card cause it can run in the dashboard of your pre its very nice app
    yeah, but id rather have a tweak and not have keep an app in my dashboard all the time. just a request.