Page 176 of 184 FirstFirst ... 76126166171172173174175176177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Keep getting Error 9 when installing Package Manager Service, what gives???
    First thank you to the several who quickly reported an earlier post.

But for everyone else, we need your help.

If someone is baiting you, please do not take the bait. Please instead report the post so that we can issue infractions and delete the message.

Again, if you see a post that is rude or insulting, please do not post a reply.

That person may have made the post just to control you and watch as you race to take their bait.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    AutoCorrect Edit
    what does it do? cause....
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    what does it do? cause....
    U know when u type u and it converts to you or when you type thru and it converts to through...well that app + the service allows you to modify and add those words
    U know when u type u and it converts to you or when you type thru and it converts to through...well that app + the service allows you to modify and add those words
    ohhh i see but why is it installed on my pre i never put it there
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    ohhh i see but why is it installed on my pre i never put it there
    Lol I wouldn't have the answer to that...you mustve installed it somehow
  7.    #3507  
    Unexpected delay; WebOS Quick Install v2.5 will be out Saturday. More info why on Saturday
    Lol I wouldn't have the answer to that...you mustve installed it somehow
    lmao haha loll thanx though ill remove it
    or what app do i use with it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Unexpected delay; WebOS Quick Install v2.5 will be out Saturday. More info why on Saturday
    YAY lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Thanks for ur hard work jason...don't mind w8ing for saturday...it'll be a gr8 weekend that's for sure
    Can't wait for Jason's new quick installer and Webos 1.2. The only thing I have on my phone is the preware and the VK patch, GNU patch and accelerometer service. All of which I can remove with out plugging in the pre to the PC. After that I going to install most of Jason's sweet tweaks. For some reason I really like the launcher opacity.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Sorry but im trying to find a simple click here link that I can download the simple webos i have the web doc but not webos can any one help
    Quote Originally Posted by omardd98 View Post
    Sorry but im trying to find a simple click here link that I can download the simple webos i have the web doc but not webos can any one help
    Try the first post in this thread...at the very bottom under "attached files."
    Quote Originally Posted by woodleydog View Post
    When trying to update Package Manager Service through WebOSQuickInstall, I get the following:

"Error 9: No return code found in stream from file :///var/vsr/lib/ipkg/status"

I searched, but didn't see this error, and am not sure what to do to fix - any thoughts?
    im getting the same error. if i keep clicking "ok" it eventually seems to work, but its annoying all the same.
    i am a new user and kinda nervous on using webos on my pre..i installed it and it said that it would have to reset all my information. ..i stopped there..will all my information be deleted????
    Quote Originally Posted by cyd1388 View Post
    i am a new user and kinda nervous on using webos on my pre..i installed it and it said that it would have to reset all my information. ..i stopped there..will all my information be deleted????
    Yes, because you are running WebOS Doctor instead of WebOS Quick Install.
    ok im glad i stopped lol...where is the web os install download bcause i clicked on the link and it installed webos doctor which is y i ran it
    thats ok i found the link!!
  19. kpn
    First of all...thank you! My wife and I have had our Pres since mid July, loooonnnnggggggggg time Sprint customers waiting for a decent handset...all though these are our first "smart phones" we are extremely happy with our first Palm devices, regardless of the lack of official apps. (The "oreo" affect on my and my wife's handset (yellow boxes at purchase) is slightly discomforting, plus mine has a gap at the top...and my wife's shuts down with snapping! closes...) I have shown my Pre to many of many iPhone users and they really enjoy using it and its functionality...although I never hear that they are going to switch...not the point of this thread...

Jason...you are the man and worth your weight in GOLD for all Pre users!

Although I had some difficulty connecting the Pre to my laptop your troubleshooting thread solved my problems...the check box inside the installer is all it took...this might have been stressed in other comments but I didn't read all of them. When my wife sees all the additional apps I get from this quick install she is going to want it...

All I want to say is THANK YOU!

Anyone doubtful about this "surgery" on your Pre should stop worrying. The download is easy and with a little patience you will have your first homebrew app within 30 minutes (if you run into problems).

I look forward to the 200+ apps on this site.

YOU PEOPLE ARE AWESOME!
  20. kpn
    One additional comment, I realize that the iPhone has more apps in their catalog...most of which are *****... but I feel that with homebrew AND the official catalog that Palm will again be a market leader since it won't take long for us (the users) and Palm to over take Apple's lockdown on their catalog.

That coming from someone typing on a MacBook Pro. I love my MacBook (Windows has crashed too many times in my short existance.) and considered getting an iPhone when my Sprint contract ended but decided not to because of AT&T.

~Sprint~ its about time.