Page 175 of 184 FirstFirst ... 75125165170171172173174175176177178179180 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by russellwlynneiii View Post
    HELP!!!!!!

WebOS Quick install not detecting my Palm Pre (Device). I have installed it before but had to format my pre now will not recognize my device. It's in Dev Mode, Just Charge. Anyone have the same problem thats come up with a solution(s)?
    Reboot your PC? Sometimes my USB ports get hosed and I actually have to do a cold boot (power down and restart.)
    how long does the file coaster take to install on the pre, and is it a bad thing if i selected usb instead of just charge?
    reason i ask is after error no device found it started and has been installing for about 10 minutes now. please help
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    you cant use usb, you have to use just charge.
    hello every one. I got a crack in the screen of my first pre. sprint granted a warranty(this is a one time only thing, be ware. if you crack your screen, you get one replacement.) so, now I begin the process of getting everything working again. on my old phone, I had already gone through the entire process of installing homebrew apps. I deleted the web os quick install from my pc when i completed the process. I'm logged in on pre central.net and for some reason, it wont let me download web os quick install again. its doing that same thing it does when your not logged in. any suggestions?
    I have a problem with the ipkg gallery viewer button. It ceases to work after updating from v2.02 to v2.03.
    I have already removed and re-installed quickinstall but still no changes.

Any suggestions to get it working again?
    Samsung SPH-M520 >> LG Lotus >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by mjphill2@oakland.edu View Post
    hello every one. I got a crack in the screen of my first pre. sprint granted a warranty(this is a one time only thing, be ware. if you crack your screen, you get one replacement.) so, now I begin the process of getting everything working again. on my old phone, I had already gone through the entire process of installing homebrew apps. I deleted the web os quick install from my pc when i completed the process. I'm logged in on pre central.net and for some reason, it wont let me download web os quick install again. its doing that same thing it does when your not logged in. any suggestions?
    Are you trying to download it onto your Pre?? I just clicked on the link on page 1, post#1, it works just fine. Try Firefox from your PC if you're not already using it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    same thing happened to me, so i webos doctor'd it and did a reset. lost everything and lo and behold......didnt fix it. so i went to repair center to see whats up..couldnt fix it so they ordered me another pre. pre came in today, lo and behold, bottom row of keyboard no workky on refurb phone. ....4th and hopefully final pre comes in friday..

funny and webos doctor cannot fix this problem..............must be one of those" super tweaks" lo
    I just activated a few more tweaks (one of them being the launcher opacity) and now my launcher is invisible! Well, I don't know if I can call it invisible because I cannot select anything (it's like the page never pulls up) but it still says launcher in the upper lefthand corner. I've tried just unchecking that tweak but it doesn't change anything.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

edit: Well I messed with it some more and got my launcher back. I'll try to see if I can isolate the problem.
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
    Omg jesus somebody please help me, i've got the web os doctor and the the link above i guess installed but when i get to the web os quick install i try to add the ipk that has filecoaster on it but nothing happens when i click install, is ther something i'm doing wrong? please help as idk **** about computers or anything
    What does the ACE INSTALLER do? Can Anyone tell me... I forgot
    @ mcotten:

Thanks for finding and attaching the file. Since I've only posted a couple of times, the forum wouldn't let me link to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1shooky View Post
    Had the same problem, followed your fix and that took care of my messaging problems but when I try to reapply the tweeks it hoses the messaging again. Any suggestions??
    The same thing happened to me. In my case, I think the messaging forwarding tweak, when combined with the others, seemed to be the culprit. Once I disabled this tweak (after applying the above fix, of course), everything was good.

Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1shooky View Post
    Had the same problem, followed your fix and that took care of my messaging problems but when I try to reapply the tweeks it hoses the messaging again. Any suggestions??
    The same thing happened to me. In my case, I think the messaging forwarding tweak, when combined with the others, seemed to be the culprit. Once I disabled this tweak (after applying the above fix, of course), everything was good.

Hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    when i downloaded quickinstall i had trouble at first i dont even know why it started working. anyway, whenever i want to install ipk files or even use quick install it doesnt allow me to use dev mode. everytime i turn it on my phone says no device is found. I thought this was weird since the phone should be on dev mode, anyone else experience the same thing???
    Quote Originally Posted by enm2307 View Post
    when i downloaded quickinstall i had trouble at first i dont even know why it started working. anyway, whenever i want to install ipk files or even use quick install it doesnt allow me to use dev mode. everytime i turn it on my phone says no device is found. I thought this was weird since the phone should be on dev mode, anyone else experience the same thing???
    This has nothing to do with Dev mode. As long as dev mode is enabled on your phone, you're done with that step. No device found could result from several issues:

Is your Java updated to current version?
    Is Novacom installed?
    Is Novacom running?

I'd look at post#1, page 1 of this thread (troubleshooting guide). Start there and go through the "no device found" section of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KiloG View Post
    Omg jesus somebody please help me, i've got the web os doctor and the the link above i guess installed but when i get to the web os quick install i try to add the ipk that has filecoaster on it but nothing happens when i click install, is ther something i'm doing wrong? please help as idk **** about computers or anything
    Read through post#1, page 1 of this thread. Start there, read all the steps and then post back if you still run into issues after you've tried running through the procedures listed in that post.
    I took all my tweaks out yet my text message still goes to landscape. does anyone have an idea? I dont want to use webdoctor.
    Jason, will it affect webos 1.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by sKor_Pre View Post
    I have a problem with the ipkg gallery viewer button. It ceases to work after updating from v2.02 to v2.03.
    I have already removed and re-installed quickinstall but still no changes.

Any suggestions to get it working again?
    Delete any QuickInstall i your computer and download the latest version into a new folder. remember where you creat the new folder and try again. be sure to have the latest version of java, webdoctor too
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    What does the ACE INSTALLER do? Can Anyone tell me... I forgot
    AutoCorrect Edit