Page 174 of 184 FirstFirst ... 74124164169170171172173174175176177178179 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Who here uses a Mac that would like to help me out?
    is the .jar download link down for everyone else as well? Neither the download nor the email link are working for me. I'm using Firefox on linux (Ubuntu), but I don't see why that would affect anything.

Btw, there really should be a better way of letting everyone know that a new version of this program is made available. I was still on 2.1 and had NO idea there even was an update until having to go out of my way to find this thread and then learning about said update.

Anyways, hope this gets back up-and-running soon.

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    Btw, there really should be a better way of letting everyone know that a new version of this program is made available. I was still on 2.1 and had NO idea there even was an update until having to go out of my way to find this thread and then learning about said update.
    u can have email notifications or just look for updates weekly...anyways this friday supposedly 2.5 comes out
    I have a palm pre and I am running XP Pro, when I try to download the virtual keyboard I get the message "error downloading package feed", then when I click ok I get the message "error Invalid url" Help please...
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    I think the app is broken. It worked fine for me last night but today I am getting the same package feed URL error as well. Hopefully the devs will fix it soon.

What is strange is that both WebOSINternals and Precentral feeds are down.

Preware also gets stuck at the "updating" screen, but I don't know if that is a related issue. Filecoaster seems to be working fine, but I would rather use Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcornish View Post
    I have a palm pre and I am running XP Pro, when I try to download the virtual keyboard I get the message "error downloading package feed", then when I click ok I get the message "error Invalid url" Help please...
    Their server is down, you just got to wait till is back up again

http://forums.precentral.net/1897448-post617.html
  7.    #3467  
    Quote Originally Posted by NaS View Post
    using quick install today for some reason the feeds are not loading! also ware is down! anybody else having the same problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeotron View Post
    Yes, same problem here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootermancs View Post
    Yep, broken for me too at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwall View Post
    same here
    Quote Originally Posted by melchizadek View Post
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcornish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    I think the app is broken. It worked fine for me last night but today I am getting the same package feed URL error as well.

Let me make this clear, again, so I won't have to repeat

The feed source http://ipkg.preware.org is offline. I do not run that, the people at WebOS-Internals run that. Which is why Preware is down as well. I know Rod lives in Australia, so unless another member from WebOS-Internals gets to the issue before him, it may be down most of the day or longer.

is the .jar download link down for everyone else as well? Neither the download nor the email link are working for me. I'm using Firefox on linux (Ubuntu), but I don't see why that would affect anything.
    It's working for me, don't forget, there's also my official webpage: Canuck Software

Everyone who donate gets added to the update email list. Also, those who email "support@canuck-software.ca" with "webos quick install updates" in the subject will get added to the list for those unable to donate.
    You should put a disclaimer at the beginning of the first post of the thread so in case a lot of replies bury your announcement on this page they will have an easy place to look. It's the first place I looked and didn't see anything so I figured it was something wrong on my end.
    HELP!!!!!!

WebOS Quick install not detecting my Palm Pre (Device). I have installed it before but had to format my pre now will not recognize my device. It's in Dev Mode, Just Charge. Anyone have the same problem thats come up with a solution(s)?
    Quote Originally Posted by willxcore View Post
    You should put a disclaimer at the beginning of the first post of the thread so in case a lot of replies bury your announcement on this page they will have an easy place to look. It's the first place I looked and didn't see anything so I figured it was something wrong on my end.
    I wouldn't expect Microcrap to notify when links won't work in Internet Exploder, so I believe it is a little unfair to blame the author of this app for not notifying that links to OTHER groups sites are down! All of us who use this fantastic app know that he is linking to others as a convenience. If you recall in earlier versions, you had to download the packages on your own, then use his app to load them.

If a disclamer is needed, it would be similar to what Jason posted earlier:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Let me make this clear, again, so I won't have to repeat

I do not run the preware.org site.
    Personally, I'd prefer Jason spend as little time as necessary answering questions, and more time developing/improving the app,
    Irish
    Jason,

With the next version, how about setting it up as a new thread?

So much in the previous posts no longer apply.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Jason,

So much in the previous posts no longer apply.

- Craig
    ^^^^^ +1
    It appears it's all back up and running.
    So I've run into a brick wall with novacom. I have this all set up @ my home computer, but today I decided i'd get it set up at work. Nothing I do will get the novacom service up and running. I've uninstalled/reinstalled. I've tried both within Quick Install as well as the manual way. I've tried to manually start the service, and it just brings up a command window saying "trying to start service" and after about a minute that screen just dissapears.

Any ideas? This is the back story: My work computer DOES have the whole group policies thing going, with startup scripts etc. I know my computer is limited. however, because of my job (dealing with the programming side of cnc,s etc) as well as being a manager of the department, they've opened up my login on my specific computer to have god-like rights I have full access to the registry, and up until this point I've been able to install anything and everything I could ever want. Is there something that anyone can think of why this particular service won't install (i've been able to install other services... i.e. itunes with its ipod helper thingy).

Thanks in advance
    web os cant find my device. Ive connected it and set it to just charge and its still not working
    Apologies to all for the preware.org outage. The outage was caused by an awstats process going out of control resource-wise, so we've removed awstats from the main server and are going to do it on a different machine so it doesn't happen again.

We're also going to look into setting up geographically separated mirrors for the content on ipkg.preware.org ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Jason,

And locking this one down....so we can start fresh!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Had the same problem, followed your fix and that took care of my messaging problems but when I try to reapply the tweeks it hoses the messaging again. Any suggestions??
    hey jason....hows 2.5 coming out? friday is still the "eta"?
    Tried downloading the jar. file and I keep getting this error message the says
    ERROR: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset. Not sure what this means or a way around it. I am using ZoneAlarm anitvirus and firewall protection, not sure if that's the reason why I am getting this error. Please reply with any suggestions.