Page 173 of 184 FirstFirst ... 73123163168169170171172173174175176177178183 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Is webOS Quick Install working for anybody today? I keep getting an error loading feeds
    I am getting an error too
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I can't help but notice the fact that you are not looking at my question. I would appreciate some help!

I am on a Mac running OS X Snow Leopard 10.5.8 And I have the newest Java update.

Here's my problem:

When I installed everything, my Installer application opened up (for the Novacom), but nothing happened..And also when I go to >File>Options and (re)install Novacom, Installer launches again, but nothing happens; again. Could this be why it gives me the "Error: No device found"?

I've reinstalled WebOSQuickInstall countless number of times but still the same thing happens. Could this be because I am running SnowLeopard?

Thanks again for the help!
  3.    #3443  
    Yea, feed source http://ipkg.preware.org is offline at the moment it seems
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    This is most often seen with the "view text in landscape (add avatar)" tweak. This tweak works for me but it doesn't for everyone. And yes, the four zip files (3 files to one directory, 1 file to a different directory) will fix your text messages. Remember to make sure that you have both text forwarding AND text landscape tweaks removed from your Pre BEFORE you install the four files.

After you get text messaging back in operating state, you can again add text forwarding if you had it before.
    The fix from the .zip files worked. I was able to see my messages again after doing the fix, but tried the messaging landscape tweak again to test it and it did the same thing... locked up my messaging...

I'm going to leave it like this though and try to use it to get a free replacement from sprint. I got one of the opening day Pre's and it had HORRIBLE oreo. Swapped it out within the 30 days and this 2nd one is no better with the oreo... Hopefully this will help me get a replacement.
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I had the same problem and took my phone back to Sprint and got a new one and reapplied the tweaks. I believe it has something to do with txt fwd and txt landscape/avatar being installed together. Can someone take a look into that. I have the landscaping back on the new phone and it works fine with the landscape and avatar. Installed fwd and the problem surfaced again. Uninstalled the fwd tweak and it works fine. Wish I had the txt fwd though.
    Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post
    Did you try resetting the phone, I had the same problem.

I had to reboot the phone and then send the 4 files a second time for the fix.
    Just worth trying before a DR visit
    I rebooted the phone 3x yesterday after everytime I send the 4 files and it still didn't work...w.e I doctored my pre and I'll just w8 for 2.5
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    The fix from the .zip files worked. I was able to see my messages again after doing the fix, but tried the messaging landscape tweak again to test it and it did the same thing... locked up my messaging...

I'm going to leave it like this though and try to use it to get a free replacement from sprint. I got one of the opening day Pre's and it had HORRIBLE oreo. Swapped it out within the 30 days and this 2nd one is no better with the oreo... Hopefully this will help me get a replacement.
    Yep, the landscape tweak is usually the one that others have the most issues with. Text forwarding works great and my landscape view works great as well but yeah, it doesn't always work for everyone and it usually pop's up when you remove the landscape after initially applying it. Jason's version of 2.05 might help (soon to be released).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dlcmorrison View Post
    I had the same problem and took my phone back to Sprint and got a new one and reapplied the tweaks. I believe it has something to do with txt fwd and txt landscape/avatar being installed together. Can someone take a look into that. I have the landscaping back on the new phone and it works fine with the landscape and avatar. Installed fwd and the problem surfaced again. Uninstalled the fwd tweak and it works fine. Wish I had the txt fwd though.
    Try removing the landscape tweak. Install text forwarding first, then try applying the landscape tweak. Personally, I'd rather have text forwarding than landscape (especially since I never applied the virtual keyboard) but that would just be my preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Yep, the landscape tweak is usually the one that others have the most issues with. Text forwarding works great and my landscape view works great as well but yeah, it doesn't always work for everyone and it usually pop's up when you remove the landscape after initially applying it. Jason's version of 2.05 might help (soon to be released).
    Yep friday supposedly...hopefully earlier
    I am using the Palm Pre and XP Pro haveWhere is the install located. When I click on the setup guide it takes me to the WebOS Quick install method, then when I click to on download WebOS Quick Install it takes me back to forum page.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcornish View Post
    I am using the Palm Pre and XP Pro haveWhere is the install located. When I click on the setup guide it takes me to the WebOS Quick install method, then when I click to on download WebOS Quick Install it takes me back to forum page.
    Page 1, post#1 of this thread. That's where you will find what you need.
    That is where I started but everytime I try to get to the install it takes to the WebOS Quick install method, then when I click to on download WebOS Quick Install it takes me back to Page 1, post#1 of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcornish View Post
    That is where I started but everytime I try to get to the install it takes to the WebOS Quick install method, then when I click to on download WebOS Quick Install it takes me back to Page 1, post#1 of this thread.
    Are you using Firefox? I just tried dl the webosquickinstall.jar and it worked fine.
    I finally got it to download, but now I can't access the user guide.
  15. NaS
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    using quick install today for some reason the feeds are not loading! also ware is down! anybody else having the same problem?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Yes, same problem here.

Jason was saying that a new version was in alpha testing. Perhaps they are moving things at the repository.
    Quote Originally Posted by NaS View Post
    using quick install today for some reason the feeds are not loading! also ware is down! anybody else having the same problem?
    Yep, broken for me too at the moment.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    No answer from webOS Internals page, will not load, maybe server issues.
    same here
    Same here. Also, the webos-internals.org website keeps timing out when I try to get to it. Makes me think something is seriously wrong, and not just things being moved around.