Page 171 of 184 FirstFirst ... 71121161166167168169170171172173174175176181 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #3401  
    Quote Originally Posted by rotag99 View Post
    New.jar link works well. Able to get my Homebrew up and running. Perhaps you guys can iron out this whole healthcare debacle. I appreciate the hard work!
    I'm Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    The question is, is the webos Dr and quick installer device specific? Is it going to mess me up when I need to us either? Both see to open just fine and the quick installer lists all of the apps that I have installed, I did not have the tweaks on so I do not have to worry about that.
    They aren't device specific, other than they require a webos device. Tweak settings are store on the device itself so WebOS Quick Install should work 100% with multiple devices. If you use WebOSDoctor, it'll whipe all the settings (and just about everything else on your device)
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I tried to apply the txt msg tweak for landscape and add avatar and now my msgs will not open for me to read... no thread or anything. I tap the msg and it won't even open.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    any suggestions?
  4.    #3404  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlcmorrison View Post
    I tried to apply the txt msg tweak for landscape and add avatar and now my msgs will not open for me to read... no thread or anything. I tap the msg and it won't even open.
    As stated many times, if a tweak doesn't work, just disable it
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Good job....just a quick note...Jason fixed the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file so that it no longer gives an error when it downloads the WebOSDoctor.jar file, so people no longer have to download it separately.

They can just download WebOSQuickInstall.jar, double click on it, choose which download and it does the rest. This is how it originally worked before the path name was changed. All is well now.
    Good to hear that Jason fixed the file. I tested that and revised my document(s) to include the appropriate graphics. I still left in the information about manually downloading WebOS Doctor - in case the link gets changed again in the future.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I did and txt msg-ing still won't open nor thread. Tired it a couple of times. BTW, thanks for the timely response.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    same problem, please help.

Ok now I have the same problem. It was triggered by uninstalling tweaks too.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    i never had an issues with texting, but the landscape email feature acted funky...

when i opened an email and tried to reply, it wouldn't give the option to type...only when i flipped the Pre landscape and waited about 15sec was able to type in the body of the reply email.
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    i need help this is not working out
    Hello,

I am slowly learning all the language, but I am not technologically advanced. I searched the thread for answers to my questions below, but could not find them. I apolgize in advance if I missed them, and I would appreciate it if you would pointme in the right direction.

I have a few basic questions.

What exactly is a Tweak (I do know how to install it thanks to MortiseMaker - I just don't know how it is different than an app)?

From what I can tell, Sprint is going to release a webOS 1.2 version very soon. Do I need to do anything with webOS Quick Install before I update my phone (other than uninstall my Tweaks)? In other words, will WebOS Quick Install automatically conform to the update?

Thank you!
    Last edited by mkreese0; 09/15/2009 at 02:47 PM.
    I had the same problem. Here's the fix (per Jason Robitaille, creator of WebOS QuickInstall):

For those who used the first build of 2.03 and got the broken Messaging app, download this zip file [can't provide link due to small post count -- get file from mcotten's post below]. Make sure both Message Forwarding and Messaging in landscape are unchecked.

Extract the files from the zip. For each of the 4 files, do this:
    - In WebOS Quick Install, go in the menu Tools->Send File.
    - Drag the file onto the Send File window.
    - For the .jsjsjs $files$, $put$ $this$ $as$ $the$ $Destination$ $Folder$:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/
    - For the .css file, put this as the Destination Folder:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/
    Reboot your Pre, and everything should be working again and you should be able to check it again to get it working properly.

Worked for me. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Jonolee; 09/17/2009 at 12:29 AM. Reason: missing link
    Quote Originally Posted by s7hourbreakdown View Post
    i need help this is not working out
    You didn't mention what operating system you are running on your PC. If that happens to be Windows, please take a look at my document(s) attached to my earlier post.
    Last edited by MortiseMaker; 09/15/2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Ooops - forgot to quote
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    can't help with #1 as I haven't made that mod... (though I did the replacement screens for boot with no problem) [snip]
    Where did you select your boot screen background file from, i.e. from pre wallpapers or desktop upload? TIA
    Jan Rifkinson
    Ridgefield CT USA
    hey can someone redirect me to the post where jason put out his fix to fix the messaging lanscape..bc i just put the tweak and i cant access my text message...i just need the post where u send 3 files to the pre...thank you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by janrif View Post
    Where did you select your boot screen background file from, i.e. from pre wallpapers or desktop upload? TIA
    You can find some around the forums, just do a search. It just has to be a .png image (not a jpeg). I placed them in a folder on my desktop and change them on my Pre from time to time. Just remember that you'll have two images, one regular image and one with a glow (it will ask you for two images when applying the tweak, regular image is first then the one with a glow is second).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey can someone redirect me to the post where jason put out his fix to fix the messaging lanscape..bc i just put the tweak and i cant access my text message...i just need the post where u send 3 files to the pre...thank you!!!
    Max, check page 97 (I think that's the page.... if memory serves).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post

Try page #97 messge number 1938
    That should take care of the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post
    Try page #97 messge number 1938
    That should take care of the problem
    thank you
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Jason,

I do a lot of file sends to the device when I am tinkering with stuff, and afterwards I need to restart the lunasysmgr to see my changes. I usually just apply/remove a tweak (such as launcher opacity). Could it be possible to add a dedicated button for reloading the device GUI?
    after i heard that the 1.2 update is coming on the 23rd or 24th...i decided to put my tweaks again...i was about done till the messaging in landscape didnt let me c my text messages so i went to go send those 4 files u know from b4 and then reboot (yes i unchecked forwarding and the landscape) but after three times of doing that...i still couldnt access my text messages...sucks now im taking my pre to the doctor