Page 17 of 184 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    thank you very much! this works great!
    Great app. Makes life much easier for installing homebrew apps
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I just noticed that when I go in the "Device Management", I see the remaining battery life showing "88%". However, on my PRE it shows "92%". It's not a big deal, but why is there this discrepancy? Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

BTW, great great app Jason! Thanks!
  4.    #324  
    Might be a discrepancy cause by the fact your Pre is plugged in and actively charging. Device Management updates battery info once a minute, that could also be a factor
    I'l pay a golden toilet seat to the man that can make this work for a dummy like me! Tried it on W7, XP and OSX and I got less love than a Haitian hemophiliac at Republican Party mixer...
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Works perfect for me now since the update. I'm on a mac. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    v1.3 - July 29, 09
    friendly.

I'm gonna postpone my guide on how to install non-standard apps til tomorrow (for various personal reasons).

Enjoy
    dude i woke up jonzen for this guide lol i will keep watchin
    Can someone explain to me exactly what this program is please? I am fairly comfortable with the SDK way of installing Homebrew apps. Is there any advantage of using this? Does it replace the SDK method?

Thanks guys
    There is no spoon
    You should put a disclaimer in your "How To" saying that if you run WebOSDoctor you WILL wipe all of your data. And none of it will return. I know this isn't an issue with your software, since this retarded "cloud services" idea of syncing is poorly implemented; but you should at least warn people that running WebOSDoctor permanently erases all of your settings, all of your data, all of your apps, etc, and none this is backed up to your profile for some unknown reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    Can someone explain to me exactly what this program is please? I am fairly comfortable with the SDK way of installing Homebrew apps. Is there any advantage of using this? Does it replace the SDK method?

Thanks guys

I will like to know also
    Hey Jason, thanks in advance for this awsome app! I've got it working on my W7 nettop @ home with no problems at all. My work computer is running XP and I can't get past the "first time setup". My Net admin has blocked your Mirror site due to "games" so i can't download the latest version. Could you upload the latest version to PreCentral, They haven't blocked this site.... yet. The link in your first post looks like its pointing to V1.0. Again thanks for the App!

Edit: Nevermind.... Im dumb.... It is the latest version, it just say v1.0 in the link. Works great now!
    Last edited by dakinest; 07/30/2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: nOOb mistake
  12.    #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    This program is an easier alternative to the SDK method. It has a nice gui (see first post). It let's you put multiple files into the transfer queue to transfer more than 1 app at at time.

My app also has a device management section that lists detailed info about your device and give a list of installed apps with the option to unistall them.

Oh, and WebOS Quick Install has the ability to send and grab files to and from your device. Handy for installing apps that would otherwise require rooting, and allowing a non-rooted to install hacks and system mods

Full list of features can be seen in post 1. I plan on adding ipkg feed support too, allowing users to download apps from feeds to their devices
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    im trying but when i hit install a please wait window shows saying connected but stays like that for long time and nothing happens after
    Is there a way to intstall the usbnet file with quickinstall for the my tether app? From what I have seen this has been a bit of a hang up with the my tether app.
    Easy to use though, great program.
    I have tried everything, but since the WebOS 1.1 update, nothing has been able to detect my Pre. I've tried 4 different computers (XP, Vista, W7, OSX) and all of them give me "No Device Found." I do have my Pre in dev mode, and I am selecting "Just Charge" when connected to USB. I have even tried wiping the phone clean using WebOSDoctor, but even that never connects to the phone, it really seems like I'm stuck in the mud... I have no idea what the issue is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  16.    #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by dharris007 View Post
    I have tried everything, but since the WebOS 1.1 update, nothing has been able to detect my Pre. I've tried 4 different computers (XP, Vista, W7, OSX) and all of them give me "No Device Found." I do have my Pre in dev mode, and I am selecting "Just Charge" when connected to USB. I have even tried wiping the phone clean using WebOSDoctor, but even that never connects to the phone, it really seems like I'm stuck in the mud... I have no idea what the issue is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Try disabling then re-enabling DevMode. For some, updates tend to reset DevMode, but not actually change the toggle-value.
    Also, it sounds as if Novacom may not be running on your computer. On your Windows computers, go to services.msc and see if Novacom is there and if it's Started.
    Quote Originally Posted by dharris007 View Post
    I reinstalled SDK palm emulator to get novacom working again.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    post 1.3 .jar, still getting the error where it asks me what I want to use (USB,emulator) and then it just disappears

Any thoughts? I am using an xp machine that I originally used to root my pre.
    To all the people that have WINDOWS 7 - 32 BIT ... Get the Quickinstall like it says in the beginning. MOST LIKELY you will need to download the Novacom software manually, i had to do it. Use a link thats on this page "How to install novacom - 7 steps" something like that... and do the exact same steps, download java like they have on the first page and i'm not do sure about webosdoctor. i have it but didn't use it, most likely you will just need it in the same folder as quickinstall. If you have problems just let me know, I know how frustrating it could be, i spent 3 days trying to figure everything out. Just post and i'll try to reply ASAP... Thank You for this, I will enjoy it now... Filecoaster confuses me, any help?
    oh you will need the webosdoctor recovery rom and orca if your doing it the "How to install...." but it worked great for me, didn't have one problem!