Page 169 of 184 FirstFirst ... 69119159164165166167168169170171172173174179 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyKaroutsos View Post
    Okay i installed the webos file and it downloaded the weddoctor for me and then installed the novacom driver.So thats all done.My question is when i get to the page where it says ipk files to install what do i do next?

Here is a link to instructions for getting started with Homebrew. The first app you want to install with WebOS Quick Install is probably FileCoaster. Once Filecoaster is installed, you can use it to install other apps over the air.

Also i am trying to get the virtual keyboard on my phone how do i do that?
    I believe that you need to install Preware first, which has the keyboard patch. Preware is similar to Filecoaster, it allows you to download apps over the air. You'll need to use WebOS Quick Install to install Preware - note that there are 2 files you'll need to get Preware running, first install the package manager service and then Preware. You can get instructions here.

Also, I think Preware is acting a little buggy at this time, you may want to wait for the next build.
    Last edited by Trekker; 09/14/2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Made correction
    Quote Originally Posted by farcus View Post
    Whenever I try to change the battery % at the top, the entire top bar turns white and is unresponsive... Any tips or has this already been addressed?
    I've seen several people post this issue but not sure if they got it resolved. Try uninstalling the tweak and then re-installing. Try both tweak options, with and without the icon. If that doesn't work, reboot the Pre and try again.
    I am having trouble similar to Niris777 i am trying to download the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file on my PC and i am can't seem to open it and i tried to move the file to my phone and i am not having any luck. i just bought the phone and i need help
    Quote Originally Posted by williamwhitec View Post
    I am having trouble similar to Niris777 i am trying to download the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file on my PC and i am can't seem to open it and i tried to move the file to my phone and i am not having any luck. i just bought the phone and i need help
    You don't install WebOSQuickInstall.jar on your phone, you install it on your PC.

Here is a link to getting started with Homebrew. It gives you all the instructions needed. If that doesn't work, you can get further assistance in this thread.

Make sure when you download the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file to your PC, that it ends in .jar - some browsers change it to .zip. I recommend using Firefox.

You don't say what your operating system is so I'll assume some version of Windows.
    Okay thanks i have everything installed and i have the keyboard as well.Another question i have are there multiple apps for a keyboard, or is this the only one available right now for the pre.Because i saw another thread that has a apple i phone keyboard available for download on the pre.
    Another question i have are there multiple apps for a keyboard, or is this the only one available right now for the pre.Because i saw another thread that has a apple i phone keyboard available for download on the pre.
    As far as I know, the patch available via Preware was the only one available...but I wouldn't be surprised if that changed.
    Okay thanks i have everything installed and i have the keyboard as well.Another question i have are there multiple apps for a keyboard, or is this the only one available right now for the pre.Because i saw another thread that has a apple i phone keyboard available for download on the pre.
    From what I understand, you'd just be skinning your VK differently. If you look around, there should be different "themes" that you can choose to install onto your keyboard, various colors, fonts, etc. That's probably what you saw. You just need to download those image files and port them to the appropriate folder in your Pre.
    i dont know what just happened but i checked messaging working in landscape, everything was fine, then unchecked and checked again to set an avatar and now i cant open my text messages. how do i fix this?

im on vista 32 bit if it matters.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post
    i dont know what just happened but i checked messaging working in landscape, everything was fine, then unchecked and checked again to set an avatar and now i cant open my text messages. how do i fix this?

i had that problem too. i had to run webdoctor and start over. needless to say i didn't add that tweak this time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post

follow this post and you should be all set.
    yup thanks, that seems to do the trick. however, the post says we'd be able to use the messaging tweaks after we extract those files. well, i tried, and it did the same thing again. i guess i wont have those tweaks. oh well at least my phone isnt broken like i thought.
    Has anyone not have the Webos Dr not work? Just curious to see what would it take to fully brick a pre.
    Well, Jason's new .jar worked like a champ. It installed the doctor without a glitch and, with that, the novocom driver. All is well in PreLand. Thanks sooooooooo much for your help.
    i wouldnt say ALL is well. i still cant get quick install to work on my vista 64 laptop. i have to use my other one thats 32. kind of annoying since thats the only thing i use that laptop for.
    New.jar link works well. Able to get my Homebrew up and running. Perhaps you guys can iron out this whole healthcare debacle. I appreciate the hard work!
    why cant i download webos quick instal thiers no link attached to the words
    Quote Originally Posted by farcus View Post
    Whenever I try to change the battery % at the top, the entire top bar turns white and is unresponsive... Any tips or has this already been addressed?
    This happened to me the first time I tried it. I unchecked the tweak and rebooted my PC. When I tried the tweak the second time, it worked.

(Of course, I have now uninstalled all my tweaks in anticipation of the 1.2 update and I'm still waiting.)
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    This happened to me the first time I tried it. I unchecked the tweak and rebooted my PC. When I tried the tweak the second time, it worked.

(Of course, I have now uninstalled all my tweaks in anticipation of the 1.2 update and I'm still waiting.)
    1.2 might come next wednesday http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...xperience.html
    could some one please help me im trying to install webos but thier no link it just says webos quick install v2.03 but i put my cursor on top to try to click it put thiers no link i just bought this phone on saterday could someone please help
    Quote Originally Posted by rotag99 View Post
    New.jar link works well. Able to get my Homebrew up and running. Perhaps you guys can iron out this whole healthcare debacle.
    I think that's one of the surprise tweaks that Jason is going to add in the next version.