Page 167 of 184 FirstFirst ... 67117157162163164165166167168169170171172177 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    ahh..figured it out...if people are having problems dl'ing from op, try email attachment...work for me
    i have the webosquickinstall and the webosdoctor on my desktop i have a mac pc when i click webinstall it does nothing it says i need to restart quickinstall but i don't know how to do it when i click on web doctor it goes to the screen where i insert the usb cable to computer and when i do that it still does nothing can anybody help me out with good instructions thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by oozeman1 View Post
    I downloaded the webosinstall jar file, but everytime i choose the sprint option and try to open it, it gives me this error message java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

and cuz of this i can't open the jar file, if i try the bell mobility option it worked. but i have a sprint palm pre. can anyone please help
    Yep seeing the same error.
    Maybe the forum moderator could make a sticky with the link to the updated and correct file.

- Steve
    sorry about the double post. Fixed my problem, by the way, just used a different comp.
    Last edited by automatom01; 09/14/2009 at 01:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevepierce View Post
    Maybe the forum moderator could make a sticky with the link to the updated and correct file.

- Steve
    It might help us if you provided more details on which link of the updated and correct file you're referencing?

If I go to page 1, post#1, I can still download Webosquickinstall.jar and the Webosdoctor.jar with no problems (there are two separate links that allow me to download each one in post#1 of this thread). I'm using Firefox, running XP 32bit and SP3.5 if that helps?

Were you looking for links to something else?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    If I go to page 1, post#1, I can still download Webosquickinstall.jar and the Webosdoctor.jar with no problems (there are two separate links that allow me to download each one in post#1 of this thread). I'm using Firefox, running XP 32bit and SP3.5 if that helps?

Were you looking for links to something else?
    As I mentioned in my post #3295, here is what is causing the confusion. On the first page of this thread it states:

WebOSDoctor recovery rom

* As of v1.2, WebOSQuickInstall can download and setup WebOSDoctor's file for you.

So, people download the single file from the first post - WebOSQuickInstall.jar and when they save it and launch it, they get prompted to download the Sprint or Bell version of WebOSDoctor. If they choose Sprint, they get the error message that has been posted here countless times because the link is broken. It used to work but the URL changed so WebOSQuickInstall.jar cannot download the correct file.

They don't realize they can manually download the Sprint version of WebOSDoctor from a link on the same page, so they continue to post here saying they can't get it to work.

Most of this can be avoided if the WebOSQuickInstall.jar attachment at the bottom of the first page of this thread is updated so that when people download it, launch it, and are then prompted to download the WebOSDoctor file, it will point to the correct download link and then download the correct version of WebOSDoctor. People will no longer have to take the second step of manually downloading the WebOSDoctor file.

I would think this would be a relatively simple fix for Jason to implement and it would cut down on the bombardment of these same questions and answers being posted.

In fairness to those that are trying to get this to work, the first post of this thread does have conflicting/incorrect information and should be corrected. We've already posted the workaround over and over again but people aren't getting it.

It's up to Jason now. Hindsight is 20/20 they say but most of these recent posts asking for help could have been avoided if the info on the first page were updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    EDIT: just realized you said Emulator, my bad. Take a look at File->Options in my app's menu. Be sure to set the Device to "Emulator"
    I bought the classic... But was unable to set it up.... I use mac laptop with my pre. I meani get some of what you guys are saying ....but some things are just foreign ...and I do searches ....maybe I'm searching the wrong way.
    i am running an imac and have installed and put pre in dev mode and it will still not see my device. When i hit reinstall novacom it brings up the install then tells me install failed cant locate the files needed to install program.....tried on my other imac and same thing any ideas?
    Well FINALLY for WebOS Quick Install to work, had to install it on my WinXP Tablet Ed. but it works, I still cant get it working on Win7 x64 even if I run the virtual PC in XP mode.....hmm....not sure why...BUT least I got a working copy at the moment.

Really need to find a way to get win7 working. Maybe I'll try to uninstall, reinstall etc. Any good way of making sure that all Novacom processes etc are deleted too?

Also, aside from tweaks how do you determine where you can install the .ipk to be able to download more apps as my orginal partition is maxed out.

And thanks for putting up with me, and thanks in advance for help later...
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Well FINALLY for WebOS Quick Install to work, had to install it on my WinXP Tablet Ed. but it works, I still cant get it working on Win7 x64 even if I run the virtual PC in XP mode.....hmm....not sure why...BUT least I got a working copy at the moment.

Really need to find a way to get win7 working. Maybe I'll try to uninstall, reinstall etc. Any good way of making sure that all Novacom processes etc are deleted too?

Also, aside from tweaks how do you determine where you can install the .ipk to be able to download more apps as my orginal partition is maxed out.

And thanks for putting up with me, and thanks in advance for help later...
    The Novacom can be uninstalled and reinstalled:

1. Add/remove programs > uninstall Novacom
    2. Open Webosquickinstall > File > options > reinstall Novacom
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  12.    #3332  
    On request from Trekker, I've taken a hex editor and manually edited the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file to update the url. Forgot to do a full source code backup before I began work on v2.5, so it wouldn't have been as simple as recompiling with the updated url, heh. So, yea, hindsight 20/20. File attached to first post
    I have tried this on two different PCs, both with XP loaded and I the NEXT button never becomes active on the final screen. I've waited several hours for 'the drivers to load' and nothing happens. My Pre has webOS 1.1.0. Is that why the Quick Installer won't see my device? Can someone help me get past this so I can load the HomeBrew apps?

Thanks,

Jeff
  14.    #3334  
    Quote Originally Posted by jalsberg View Post
    I have tried this on two different PCs, both with XP loaded and I the NEXT button never becomes active on the final screen. I've waited several hours for 'the drivers to load' and nothing happens. My Pre has webOS 1.1.0. Is that why the Quick Installer won't see my device? Can someone help me get past this so I can load the HomeBrew apps?
    What "next" button?
    After it checks the system and goes to the screen where there is a HELP button and the dimmed NEXT button and says "Connect your phone directly to your computer with your USB cable.

Do not remove the battery or disconnect your phone during this process." That NEXT button. Thanks Jason - really appreciate your efforts.
    hey jason...so by the end of this week or u still dont know the eta of 2.5?
  17.    #3337  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey jason...so by the end of this week or u still dont know the eta of 2.5?
    Tenatively this friday
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Tenatively this friday
    awesome cant w8 for friday lol thanks!!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jalsberg View Post
    After it checks the system and goes to the screen where there is a HELP button and the dimmed NEXT button and says "Connect your phone directly to your computer with your USB cable.

Do not remove the battery or disconnect your phone during this process." That NEXT button. Thanks Jason - really appreciate your efforts.
    Sounds like you are running the Doctor. DO NOT do that!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Wonderful application, 2 questions:

1. where does user select new background for locked view? If PC, my selection of png does upload & install.
    2. analog clock theme does not install on selection in tweak dialog. what should I look at for troubleshooting?

Thanks.
    Jan Rifkinson
    Ridgefield CT USA