Page 166 of 184 FirstFirst ... 66116156161162163164165166167168169170171176 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    ok i got everything working and have even installed the virtual keyboard which is working fine. but now i can't get into any text message thread. it opens "messages" but won't let me go from there. i do have the "messages in landscape" tweak turned on but have since installed and unintalled that and it still is not working. what can i do???
    same here. been at all most of day. frustrating.
    Haven't looked at this program since just after the initial release, i'm going to the Dr. for 1.2 and now I don't have to do most of the stuff by hand. Very good job Jason.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    help me i keep getting an error message that says......java.io.filenotfoundexception:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar...... does anyone know what this means
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrown View Post
    those instructions are absolutely unclear. i see a bright shiny "donate" button, but nothing to download the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Might wanna actually read the whole post #1.
    Amen!!!

And while you are at it, take the time to read the associated links. There is an Setup Guide, and a Troubleshooting Guide.
    WebOS Quick Install v2.03

Here's my brief Setup Guide.

Please read my Troubleshooting Guide before posting in this thread.
    99% of your future posts will be eliminated if you read those first!
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    It's not like 1.2 is out anyway. Let me know if you need additional beta testers.
    I'll be happy to jump on beta testing too!.
    Irish
    how do i download it?
    When I try to install your download I get this error...

java.io.filenotfoundException:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

This occurs when trying to download any version...Ant suggestions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Make sure they are in the same folder.
    After much frustration with the webos failing the install of the WEBos doctor, I thought about renaming the webos install file to have a .jar extension. I suddenly saw the homebrew app install dialog.

I will continue to test it to see if it really works.

N
    Quote Originally Posted by vquaranta989 View Post
    how do i download it?
    Quote Originally Posted by gannbino2001 View Post
    When I try to install your download I get this error...

java.io.filenotfoundException:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

This occurs when trying to download any version...Ant suggestions...
    If we collected a dollar for each of these types of posts, we would have enough to buy Jason his Pre!!!
    Irish
    i have been trying to do this for 4 hours i dont understand why it keeps coming up error
    im not good with computers at all and i dont know what all tht stuff in the directions means alls i know is tht i clicked the download link and it wont let me download it
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    If we collected a dollar for each of these types of posts, we would have enough to buy Jason his Pre!!!
    For what it's worth, I PM'd Jason and asked if it were possible to fix the WebOSQuickInstall.jar on page 1 of this thread.

From what I remember, initially all you had to do was download the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file and launch it. It would then automatically download the WebOSDoctor.jar file. At some point, the path name to the WebOSDoctor.jar file got changed, so now when WebOSQuickInstall.jar file launches, it can't find the WebOSDoctor.jar file and people get the error message and that's where all the confusion comes in.

The workaround is to separately download the Sprint or Bell version of the WebOSDoctor.jar file (renaming it if needed) and put it in the same folder as the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file.

But, as we've seen, people refuse to search for answers to this problem and post the same questions over and over. You can tell they are new to the forum because they usually only have 1 or 2 posts.

My suggestion would be for Jason to fix the broken URL in the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file on page 1 of this thread, so that when people download it and launch it, it will point to the correct WebOSDoctor.jar file and download it. That way, no error messages and nobody asking the same questions over and over.

I figured the problem would be fixed with version 2.5 but since that's going to be delayed, that means another week of these same questions and answers repeated over and over again.

Anyway....that's my suggestion. Hopefully Jason will have time to implement it.
    Quote Originally Posted by vquaranta989 View Post
    im not good with computers at all and i dont know what all tht stuff in the directions means alls i know is tht i clicked the download link and it wont let me download it
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but perhaps homebrew apps are not for you. If in reading the directions, you find you don't understand what they are talking about, getting the file downloaded will be only the first of many problems.

If you still want to pursue this, I suggest you find your techie connection (everyone has a friend or family member who everyone else turns to for tech help), and get them to help you get the WebOS Quick Install up and running. Once you get to that point, it should be straight forward enough for you to pick and choose adding new apps or tweaks.
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    A delay?? This is an outrage!!!!! It's anarchy! FORGET THIS!!! lmao

I couldn't help it Jason. lol Take your time bro! In the meantime, we'll keep supporting the young Padawans that are having trouble with 2.03.
    Young Padawans? I had to look it up....

I am amazed at the amount of help that posters such as Achill3s, maxima2k53, Trekker, and Irish have provided to so many others so that Jason has more time to work on development. Thanks to you all.
    is there any other way? ive been following advice to install soylatte because i cant get java 1.6 for my mac. ive spent the day doing that when all i wanted to do was install some apps from here. is there any other installer or apps that will work with java 1.5?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Young Padawans? I had to look it up....

I am amazed at the amount of help that posters such as Achill3s, maxima2k53, Trekker, and Irish have provided to so many others so that Jason has more time to work on development. Thanks to you all.
    I agree, and the help they provide is top notch.
    Jason, I'm bummed out that you don't have 2.5 posted yet, but I can wait. Keep cranking it out! Thanks for your effort.

Mark
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I'm gonna get so much hater posts cause of this, but I'm gonna have to delay 2.5 release.
    This could be good news, maybe when Jason releases webOS QI 2.5 he will have had enough time to make it compatible with webOS 1.2, which I've read rumors is coming out tommorow...
    I downloaded the webosinstall jar file, but everytime i choose the sprint option and try to open it, it gives me this error message java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

and cuz of this i can't open the jar file, if i try the bell mobility option it worked. but i have a sprint palm pre. can anyone please help