Page 165 of 184 FirstFirst ... 65115155160161162163164165166167168169170175 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm gonna get so much hater posts cause of this, but I'm gonna have to delay 2.5 release.

I've encountered an issue with the new patcher system in 2.5. So the release is rescheduled for later this week (no specific date yet). There is one feature to v2.5 I've kept fully secret, so this added time will also allow some of my beta testers to make sure it works fully on live devices I won't say what it is, but some of you will definitely like it.

I'm so sorry to disappoint you people, but I want to make my patcher as safe as possible. Case in point, as some of you people have noticed from my 2.5 preview, there's an additional layer of protection, allowing users to disable all patches, restoring files from backup. This allows users to both disable all patches, and also to restore files from backup in the case disabling a mod fails.

Again, so sorry to disappoint, believe me, I didn't take this decision lightly.
    It's not like 1.2 is out anyway. Let me know if you need additional beta testers.
    @Jason!!

We dont HATE YOU , man we LOVE YOU Muahhhhhhh!

You give us fun and exciting things to play with, and you do this all out of the greatness of your heart!

If we have to wait a few days for more awesome stuff, such is life..

WE you JASON!!
    Quote Originally Posted by smonroe11 View Post
    same problem i think...i am getting a popup (Which version of WebOSDoctor would you like to install? and then given a choice between Sprint, Bell or Emulator) box after being prompted to install WebOSDoctor...I choose Sprint and it starts to install until an error pops up stating ERROR: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar.

I then chose Bell and it is downloading...does this matter??? Thoughts???

anyone with a better solution? I am running Vista 64bit.
    I was having same issue, I had to download the webOSDoc separately and put it in the same folder as the WebOSInstall download .. THEN it worked

Its on page 1 - listed under requirements - "If you want to download it on your own, Sprint download here, Bell download here (use either if you're just using emulator) and copy that .jar file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar"
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Everytime I try to install anything I get an Error 1 Message, No Device Found. Why is this or how do I fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by berserkbishop View Post
    Guess I am waiting for 2.5 to come out since I cant get the current patch to work. Thanks for the help and thanks to the developer for his hard word.
    Not sure if you saw my post or not, but I did get it to work on Ubuntu 9.04. I posted instructions here. If you feel like it maybe give it one more shot.
    I keep getting an error message when I double-click the WebOSQuickInstall.jar. It tells me in order to run WebOS Quick Install, I have to download WebOS Doctor, which I already have. Can someone help me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amore70 View Post
    I keep getting an error message when I double-click the WebOSQuickInstall.jar. It tells me in order to run WebOS Quick Install, I have to download WebOS Doctor, which I already have. Can someone help me?
    Make sure they are in the same folder.
    hello everyone, im new to pre central and i having the roughest time getting started. my webOs will not highlight the next button to continue the dowload. plz help me out
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm gonna get so much hater posts cause of this, but I'm gonna have to delay 2.5 release.

I've encountered an issue with the new patcher system in 2.5. So the release is rescheduled for later this week (no specific date yet). There is one feature to v2.5 I've kept fully secret, so this added time will also allow some of my beta testers to make sure it works fully on live devices I won't say what it is, but some of you will definitely like it.

I'm so sorry to disappoint you people, but I want to make my patcher as safe as possible. Case in point, as some of you people have noticed from my 2.5 preview, there's an additional layer of protection, allowing users to disable all patches, restoring files from backup. This allows users to both disable all patches, and also to restore files from backup in the case disabling a mod fails.

Again, so sorry to disappoint, believe me, I didn't take this decision lightly.
    Who could hate a guy that gives us tools to hack into our Pre's for FREE? You rock my friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmrpnk21 View Post
    Who could hate a guy that gives us tools to hack into our Pre's for FREE? You rock my friend!
    +1
    ERROR: java.io.FileNotFoundException:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

When I attempt to down load the osdoctor from the quick install it gives me the message above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Make sure they are in the same folder.
    Thanks for replying Pioneer. I have them both in the same folder now, but I'm still be prompted to download WebOS Doc to run QuickInstaller.....and I'm still getting the error message.
    Ok, so i use webos quickinstall 2.03 and install many of the new tweaks, including forwarding messages and landscape with an avatar. i recieve a text, but i can't open it to look at it. i click to to go to where the entire messaging dialogue is and i just doesn't open. i uninstall all the messaging tweaks, reset my phone, and it doesn't fix it, what should i do now?

update: i use webos doctor and now when i try to connect to my palm profile it says to move into wireless service area. i normally don't have too much trouble with connection

update:was fixed now i have the same problem, but with the web browser
    Last edited by SKDAMAN; 09/13/2009 at 07:00 PM.
    I want to install some of the tweaks found on webOS Quick Install. However, I don't know how to remove them once they are installed. Anyone know how this is done?

I don't want to install them without being to remove them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jingles View Post
    I want to install some of the tweaks found on webOS Quick Install. However, I don't know how to remove them once they are installed. Anyone know how this is done?
    Check the box to install the tweak, wait for the GUI to reboot, then check the box to add the next tweak...and so on.

To remove tweaks, do the exact opposite. Uncheck the box to remove the tweak, wait for the GUI to reboot, uncheck the box to remove the next tweak...and so on.

The new version of WebOS Quick Install looks like it will have a single checkbox to remove all tweaks. Hopefully we'll see it out within a week or so.
    A delay?? This is an outrage!!!!! It's anarchy! FORGET THIS!!! lmao

I couldn't help it Jason. lol Take your time bro! In the meantime, we'll keep supporting the young Padawans that are having trouble with 2.03.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    A delay?? This is an outrage!!!!! It's anarchy! FORGET THIS!!! lmao

I couldn't help it Jason. lol Take your time bro! In the meantime, we'll keep supporting the young Padawans that are having trouble with 2.03.
    yes sir!
    Please HHHHHHHHHHHHhhelp, i couldn't download the Quick Install, i tried the alternative link, it did not work either.
    same problem, please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oalzahal View Post
    Please HHHHHHHHHHHHhhelp, i couldn't download the Quick Install, i tried the alternative link, it did not work either.
    I just clicked on the link, it's not broken. Are you using the link on page 1, post#1?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!