Page 163 of 184 FirstFirst ... 63113153158159160161162163164165166167168173 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by LO 21 View Post
    anyone know what changes the updated webOS Quick Install is going to have? Any additional tweaks?
    He posted a screenshot last night on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    He posted a screenshot last night on twitter
    yea i read that a few pages back, but couldn't find the preview. let me know if you have the link. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by LO 21 View Post
    yea i read that a few pages back, but couldn't find the preview. let me know if you have the link. thanks!
    Click here for the 2.5 preview.
    I like the box in the 2.5 screenshot that disables all modifications.

Nice touch.
    Hey Jason, what do you think about the "Volume button to take a picture mod" on the webOS internals? I think that might be a good add to the quick install

Patch Camera Using Volume Buttons to Take a Picture - WebOS Internals
    I just got a Pre but I am having trouble with the installer. I set the option to Emulator and selected Just Charging on the Pre but it still says that a device is not recognized. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzungu12 View Post
    I just got a Pre but I am having trouble with the installer. I set the option to Emulator and selected Just Charging on the Pre but it still says that a device is not recognized. What am I doing wrong?
    If you are trying to get it to work on the Pre, you need to select USB, not emulator.

Open WebOSQuickinstall.jar, select file, options and then next to "Device to use: choose "USB device."

When you plug in your Pre, choose "just charge" - also make sure your Pre is in Developer mode.
    Last edited by Trekker; 09/12/2009 at 07:32 PM. Reason: added info
    ...set the option to Pre? If you are transferring to the Pre, don't set WOSQI to Emulator...

EDIT:

Trekker beat me to it.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    2.5 Looks SUPER!

Quick question re the virtual keyboard theme changer. What would happen if someone tried to use that mod, if they have not previously set up that patch?

All looks great tho!
    Last edited by dianehelen; 09/12/2009 at 07:57 PM.
    how will I know if the Pre is in developer mode?
    vista recognizes the Pre but the WebOS program does not. Its telling me to plug my Pre in
    how will I know if the Pre is in developer mode?
    You have to put it in developer mode to install anything using WebOS Quick Install. Most people download something like Filecoaster or Preware first. Once that's done, you can download apps without using WebOS quick install.

To put your Pre in developer mode, see step 3 on this page. Once you are done downloading using WebOS quick install, it's a good idea to turn Developer mode off.

There is also a Developer mode app that you can download that makes it easier to turn developer mode on/off without having to type in the long string each time.
    vista recognizes the Pre but the WebOS program does not. Its telling me to plug my Pre in
    Did you put your Pre in developer mode? You may also need to reboot your PC.
    I feel incredibly stupid. Thanks. It works now.
    I feel incredibly stupid. Thanks. It works now.
    No need to feel stupid...you got it working!

Now...enjoy the whole new world that Homebrew opens up!
    I got sick of waiting for the update and tried to reinstall the all of the tweaks and VK patch and preware. It all went on fine but when I went to install the keyboard patch with the quick installer it just said error. Also same error when using the preware. So then I just went to uninstall all of it and it would not let me unistall the GNU patch, I did a soft restart and tried to uninstall the GNU patch and still it was there. So I just used the web os doctor the clean install the webos again. I want to try again but I am a little worried,what happed? I have had all of this on it before.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    I may actually add that one to the upcoming version, got a link to its .patch file?
    The link to the Default to Month View in the calendar is here:

calendar/default-to-month-view.patch - modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious

That would be great to be in the next update. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Still need this one in the next update for default to month view in calendar.

calendar/default-to-month-view.patch - modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious
    HELP!! I am running Vista, and I keep getting some kind of java io error when it is trying to download webOSdoctor. I had the doctor installed to the same folder before, but it will not unzip. So I figured I would let the jar application do the work, but I have no success... PM me with instructions. as there are too many responses in this thread to troll through and "search" keeps returning me here.
    HELP....I am trying to install my first home brew app and is getting a message about installing new hardware for novacom linux...has anyone seen this before?
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I got sick of waiting for the update and tried to reinstall the all of the tweaks and VK patch and preware. It all went on fine but when I went to install the keyboard patch with the quick installer it just said error. Also same error when using the preware. So then I just went to uninstall all of it and it would not let me unistall the GNU patch, I did a soft restart and tried to uninstall the GNU patch and still it was there. So I just used the web os doctor the clean install the webos again. I want to try again but I am a little worried,what happed? I have had all of this on it before.
    i had the same error problem you did when trying to install the virtual keyboard, so my cousin showed me a solution (i didn't try to uninstall anything though, so i didnt run into the GNU patch problem you mentioned, but hopefully this will help you install the virtual keyboard next time)

1) open your QuickInstall with your phone plugged into your computer with "Just Charge" (this is assuming you have dev mode turned on and both the QuickInstall and webOS Doctor working properly, etc. etc.)
    2) instead of going to Tools-->Tweaks like usual, click the 3rd button on the right that's under the Minus Sign button (the one that looks like a disc drive)
    3) let the app list load up, then from the pull-down menu at the top, choose "WebOS-Internals Feed (all)"
    4) check the box for both "Package Manager Service" and "Preware" then click Download
    5) Install both of them (you'll notice them both show up in your launcher on the phone now)
    6) safely unplug your phone from your computer and do a soft reset
    7) now only the "Preware" icon should be in your launcher
    8) in the Preware app (which, by the way, could replace your fileCoaster app if you wish), click on "Available Patches" (there should be 1. if not, that means the keyboard was initially installed incorrectly. Read steps A-E, and you're done. Otherwise, go on to step 9)
    9) the only available patch should be virtual keyboard. click on it, then click Install. You're done.

A) go to Preferences, change to YES the Main Scene-Show All Package Types and also List Scene-Installed Is Available
    B) go back to main screen, and now click on Available Packages
    C) Click on Patch, click on Virtual Keyboard, Click on Remove, Click on OK
    D) Now click on Install.
    E) Back in Preferences, turn those two YES's back to NO. You're done.

*Please, anyone, feel free to correct me if I explained something incorrectly.
    Last edited by LO 21; 09/13/2009 at 12:34 AM.