Page 162 of 184 FirstFirst ... 62112152157158159160161162163164165166167172 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by berserkbishop View Post
    Ive got the latest version of Java, checked and double checked that already. I can start up web dr. I just installed novacom, didnt help. Still getting the same symptoms.
    The only other thing I can suggest is now that you have novacom installed, reboot your machine, re-download both files, rename the sprint file to WebOSDoctor.jar and then launch the quick install file again.

I know you've done that already, but have you done it since downloading novacom and rebooting?

If that doesn't work, I'm at a loss. If I get some time, I'll try firing up Ubuntu to see if I can get it to work there.
    I will try rebooting and see if it helps. Thank you so much for your time and advice!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    This is in reference to the "Tweaks" part of WebOsInstall.

Is there a way to REMOVE the Battery Percentage Tweak? Unchecking the box doesn't work, neither does a full erase of the phone.

Ideas?
    Still no luck. Anybody else have ideas?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    no offense guys but if it has always been this hard to d/l homebrew there wouldn't be but a quarter of the app downloads that is claimed. that being said, i'm sure something is wrong due to all the updates coming soon. i think i will just wait it out for this problem to get fixed. something advertised as "easy and safe" has quickly turned into a royal pain in the ****.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mghtz View Post
    This is in reference to the "Tweaks" part of WebOsInstall.

Is there a way to REMOVE the Battery Percentage Tweak? Unchecking the box doesn't work, neither does a full erase of the phone.

Ideas?
    Just did it myself... got it to work just fine. But then again I INSTALLED that tweak using the checkboxes. If you did it differently before, then I dunno what to tell you... but I don't think this should be much of an issue with future updates, if that's what you're worried about. Just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by berserkbishop View Post
    Still no luck. Anybody else have ideas?
    I got it to work with Ubuntu 9.04. Here are the steps I took:

1) Made sure I had latest version of Java (I did.)
    2) Downloaded Novacom and installed.
    3) Created a folder, download the WebOSQuickinstall.jar file and the Sprint download file from the first page of this thread.
    4) Renamed the sprint download file to WebOSDoctor.jar
    5) Double clicked on WebOSQuickinstall.jar
    6) Got a confirmation message saying something about it finding WebOSDoctor.jar
    7) Double clicked WebOSQuickinstall.jar again and the GUI launched and prompted me for USB or emulator - I chose USB.

Now I haven't tried installing apps yet, but I did get WebOSQuickInstall successfully downloaded on Ubuntu 9.04.

Here's a screenshot:

Last edited by Trekker; 09/12/2009 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Added screenshot
    I get an error message when I try to download the webOS quick install i get this messg "java.io.FileNotFoundExeption:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdoctorp100.ewwsprint.jar"
    Please help !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs.nava23 View Post
    I get an error message when I try to download the webOS quick install i get this messg "java.io.FileNotFoundExeption:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdoctorp100.ewwsprint.jar"
    Please help !!!
    that error is for webOS doctor not quik install...go to the palm.com website and download it from there
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    that error is for webOS doctor not quik install...go to the palm.com website and download it from there
    You can download it from the first page of this thread or click here. I just did it and successfully downloaded it on Ubuntu.

Rename the webosdoctorp100.ewwsprint.jar file to WebOSDoctor.jar file. Then leave that file alone and double click WebOSQuickInstall.jar file. (Make sure both files are in the same folder.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    You can download it from the first page of this thread. I just did it and successfully downloaded it on Ubuntu.

Rename the webosdoctorp100.ewwsprint.jar file to WebOSDoctor.jar file. Then leave that file alone and double click WebOSQuickInstall.jar file. (Make sure both files are in the same folder.)
    never mind...he's right it should not give u anymore errors....bc i tried last weekend and it didnt work...i just tried it right now and it downloads
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    It's because someone on the last page posted a link to the wrong file. Here's the right WebOS Doctor file for Sprint. No renaming needed, just place it in the right folder.

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar

Someone posted a link to the JLPN file, which is the webos online installer, which never gives you the jar file you actually need.
    This one worked for me THANKS!
    I cant get it to download the webOS quick install it gives me an error message saying java.io.FileNotFoundExeption:http.//palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar

Please Help .....!!!!!
    I cant get it to download the webOS quick install it gives me an error message saying java.io.FileNotFoundExeption:http.//palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar

Please Help .....!!!!!
    Download Webosquickinstall.jar and Webosdoctor.jar separately.

Use page 1, post#1 of this thread to dl each one.

After you have downloaded each one, create a new folder on your desktop and place both files inside this new folder. You should be good after that.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    How about for "enter makes a newline" in the texts. i did that by hand too, might be a good add on for the Quick Install, don'tcha think?
    I agree! This would be a great tweak for the majority users. i HATE accidentally sending messages when i try to hit 'backspace" and hit enter instead!
    now it opens the palm webOS doctor but it says to connect my phone to the usb cable and I do that but nothing happens, I just want to install the program so I could start installing apps on my phone. I dont even know if what Im doing is right.

Can someone please help me, Im confused !!!!!
    Thanks
    now it opens the palm webOS doctor but it says to connect my phone to the usb cable and I do that but nothing happens, I just want to install the program so I could start installing apps on my phone. I dont even know if what Im doing is right.

Can someone please help me, Im confused !!!!!
    Thanks
    Edit: DON'T LAUNCH WEBOSDOCTOR! You only use that to restore your phone to factory settings. You want to double click on WebOSQuickInstall.jar - once you do that, follow the step below for putting phone in developer mode.

You're almost there! You have to put your phone in developer mode. You can do it manually at first and then download an app to make it easier. Here is the instruction link...see step 3 for instructions for putting your phone in developer mode.
    Can you tell me where thats at because I already looked for it and I cant find it, unless Im blind or something but I already went thru the page and I dont find what you are talking about.

Help !!!!
    Thanks
    Can you tell me where thats at because I already looked for it and I cant find it, unless Im blind or something but I already went thru the page and I dont find what you are talking about.

Help !!!!
    Thanks
    Ok...do it like this: Note: I'm using WinXP SP3...if you are using something else and the files don't have a .jar extension when you try to download them, let me know.

1) Create a new folder somewhere...on your desktop to make it easier...call it anything you like.
    2) Download the WebOSQuickinstall.jar file by clicking here and saving it to the folder you just created.
    3) Assuming you are using Sprint, download the Sprint file here and saving it to the same folder. Once it's saved, rename it to WebOSDoctor.jar
    4) Double click on the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file in order to install. If successful, it will ask you to use USB or Emulator. Choose USB.

If you get that done correctly, we can move on to the next step.
    anyone know what changes the updated webOS Quick Install is going to have? Any additional tweaks?