Page 160 of 184 FirstFirst ... 60110150155156157158159160161162163164165170 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quite a nifty application. Alot of scary java errors but hasn't seemed to fail me once so far.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    im wondering if themes will ever be able to be installed to our phones from web-os quick install
    I'm sooo new & uneducated when it comes to ALL of this phone stuff. I want oto be able to access the homebrew apps and it sounded so simple but is proving to be othewrwise from the get go, after downloading webOSQuick Install, the prompt for webosdoctor pops up, I click yes to install/download and I get this error:

java.io.filenotfoundexception:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

WTF??
    man i cant get nothing to work been working at this for hours.
    i downloaded it like 5 times
    someone please help me!!! i"ve dwnld'd the lastest java and i still cant dwnld the web os quick install. pc keeps telling me "can not find main class" what ever that means. i try to open it with java. it comes up as "java virtual machine launcher". i have windows XP 5.1
    Please could someone help, really want the homebrew apps on my palm pre!!!
    can you please assist me in downloading these applications onto my palm pre apparently im having some kinda of difficulties with downloading it keeps telling me ERROR im doing everything they tell me to do but to no avai, I kno you said you will not respond to what you said to put down but I have a Palm Pre but I dont kno what gig it is can you please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaal1215 View Post
    can you please assist me in downloading these applications onto my palm pre apparently im having some kinda of difficulties with downloading it keeps telling me ERROR im doing everything they tell me to do but to no avai, I kno you said you will not respond to what you said to put down but I have a Palm Pre but I dont kno what gig it is can you please help.
    wut do u need exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by yungbol96 View Post
    someone please help me!!! i"ve dwnld'd the lastest java and i still cant dwnld the web os quick install. pc keeps telling me "can not find main class" what ever that means. i try to open it with java. it comes up as "java virtual machine launcher". i have windows XP 5.1
    Please could someone help, really want the homebrew apps on my palm pre!!!
    how did u download webOS quick install and remember u need webOS doctor....
    hey I see you were able to download can you tell me what I am doing wrong? cuz all I get is ERROR
    hey I see you were able to download can you tell me what I am doing wrong? cuz all I get is ERROR
    alright so where ru getting ur error and wut does it say exactly?
    I dont kno when I go to download WebOs it say do you want to download and when I select yes they show me which one do I want to download on sprint, bell something, and emulator? then when I select sprint is say ERROR
    I dont kno when I go to download WebOs it say do you want to download and when I select yes they show me which one do I want to download on sprint, bell something, and emulator? then when I select sprint is say ERROR
    oh yeah thats a known issue hold on let me send u a link so u can download the doctor....

Edit: alright here's the link...

https://ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/...nal/Home&sp=44

u gotta enter ur serial number of ur pre to get the download
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i cant get it to work......when i click on the quickinstall.jar,and i click yes to download webosdocter all it says is eror....please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and remember when u download it finally.....DONT RUN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

just place it in the same folder as webOS quick install

Edit: and make sure to run it via java
    Or cell phones for that matter. However, I'm running into the very same issue that the folks above are mentioning. I've downloaded the quickinstall file, as well as the webosdoctor JNLP file. They are both sitting in the same folder on my desktop - and are in fact the only 2 files in that folder. However, every time I click on quickinstall it continues to ask me to download the webosdoctor. Yes, i'm opening it with Java. I've been working at this for 6 hours now. Literally. I've ended up with a wiped phone (allowed the damn doctor app to run just to SEE if that helped), reconfigured how firefox handled downloads on my comp.... gone to outside sites to try to download a different version of Doctor... no dice. I'm at my whit's end.
    preview looks totally wicked! awesome!
    For all of u with the error when trying to open webinstaller. Here is what u got to do. Uninstall webdoctor and quickinstaller. The download them using fire fox. Before u download the files u got to go in to downloads and set to where u name the files before u save them. Check always ask to download. Then u download them when it pops up to ask where u want to download then to u rename the files then with .jar at the end of webdoctor and quick installer. Then it will work!!! It took me 30 hours to figure that out!! Dont use internet exployer
    Quote Originally Posted by blockner View Post
    Or cell phones for that matter. However, I'm running into the very same issue that the folks above are mentioning. I've downloaded the quickinstall file, as well as the webosdoctor JNLP file. They are both sitting in the same folder on my desktop - and are in fact the only 2 files in that folder. However, every time I click on quickinstall it continues to ask me to download the webosdoctor. Yes, i'm opening it with Java. I've been working at this for 6 hours now. Literally. I've ended up with a wiped phone (allowed the damn doctor app to run just to SEE if that helped), reconfigured how firefox handled downloads on my comp.... gone to outside sites to try to download a different version of Doctor... no dice. I'm at my whit's end.
    What the hell is a JNLP file??? where did you get that??? how did you download it??

As you can see by my quoted posts, this problem with downloads has been covered multiple times and not just by me (if you were to search I am sure you would find many posts addressing this same issue).

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    For all of you with download problems, I suggest you switch to Firefox. In the options, you can specify to always ask where to put each download. It makes it simple to ensure you are putting everything in the same directory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I have posted this tip before and will do so again as so many folks seems to have .zip & .rar file issues, or they can't find where their downloaded file ended up.

USE Firefox to download the programs!!! Before you download, go to the Menu >>tools>>options ... select the Main tab and under "Downloads" select the radio button for "Always ask me where to save files"...

This does 2 things for you:

1) you pick the directory where you are saving the 2 files.
    2) you can rename the files as you select where to save them.

Your end result should be a directory with 2.jar files:
    WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    webOSDoctor.jar

And one further tip: If you want to ensure you don't accidentally start the Dr instead of the Quick Install, create a shortcut for QI and drag it to your desktop, start menu, or quick launch.
    Irish
    the webosquickisntall.jar is not able to download the webosdoctor.jar (404 not found)

tried using the link from maxima2k53 but the jnlp seems to have downloaded a different version of the webosdoctor *shurgs*

BTW Hello everyone! First post here. I just got my Pre today and it is such an awesome phone!
    Last edited by amv12; 09/12/2009 at 03:18 AM.