Page 16 of 184 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nick8539 View Post
    I tried this but still receiving the same error. I replied to your email and yeah I can help you with testing.
    same issue still here (i actually tried it before my last post)
    same error here, file does not exist, have the webOSdoctor jar file right next to the quick install file, using Xubuntu 9.04..

java -version says
    Code:
    java version "1.6.0_14"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_14-b08)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode, sharing)
    for those that have already this working.

Are you supposed to turn dev. mode off once u finish and you take it out the pc?
    what would happen if i leave it on, or off?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    do i need to do anything with the web os doctor once it finnishes downloading? or do i go straight to the WebOSQuickInstall and click on that?
  5.    #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    same error here, file does not exist, have the webOSdoctor jar file right next to the quick install file, using Xubuntu 9.04..
    Yea, seems to be a common issue between Mac and Linux i plan to work on tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by angelito View Post
    for those that have already this working.Are you supposed to turn dev. mode off once u finish and you take it out the pc? what would happen if i leave it on, or off?
    If you leave DevMode on, it leaves open other devices to connect to your device. You can leave it on or turn it off, it's really a matter of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco View Post
    do i need to do anything with the web os doctor once it finnishes downloading? or do i go straight to the WebOSQuickInstall and click on that?
    as long as webOSDoctor is in the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar, you should be good to launch my program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yea, seems to be a common issue between Mac and Linux i plan to work on tonight.
    It looks like a directory path is missing the leading slash (/). For example when I run the installer, it says it cannot find webOSDoctor in home/myHome/myInstallerDirectory when it SHOULD be looking in /home/myHome/myInstallerDirectory.

As a temporary fix, you can create the path it is looking for in the directory where you are running the app. So in my case I would copy webOSDoctor to /home/myHome/myInstallerDirectory/home/myHome/myInstallerDirectory
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I got it workin now! THANKS!!!! So far i got dkgooglevoice and filecoaster! i downloaded a mp3 with filecoaster but it didnt play.I was able to download apps from my phone tho! what other apps are worth downloadin? i dont wanna download all of them to find out!!!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

If you leave DevMode on, it leaves open other devices to connect to your device. You can leave it on or turn it off, it's really a matter of choice.

as long as webOSDoctor is in the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar, you should be good to launch my program

YES THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT WAS ALL I NEEDED TO DO PUT THEM IN THE SAME FOLDER THANK YOU I HAD THEM BOTH ON MY DESKTOP AND THAT's WHY IT CAME UP SAYING EMULATOR OR USB AND WHEN I CHOSE ONE NOTHING HAPPENed WHEN I PUT THEM INTO THE SAME FOLDER WHEN I CLICKED QUICKINSTALL IT MADE A NED FOLDER CALLED INSTALL AND OPENED THANKS AGAIN
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Thanks for the Win 7 tutorial! Thought I had a problem because I kept getting "device not installed". After a bit I realized that i'd forgotten to put the Pre in Developer mode
    Worked perfectly after that.

Does MyTether install without rooting in this version? (hope)
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoyleMycelf View Post
    It looks like a directory path is missing the leading slash (/). For example when I run the installer, it says it cannot find webOSDoctor in home/myHome/myInstallerDirectory when it SHOULD be looking in /home/myHome/myInstallerDirectory.

As a temporary fix, you can create the path it is looking for in the directory where you are running the app. So in my case I would copy webOSDoctor to /home/myHome/myInstallerDirectory/home/myHome/myInstallerDirectory

I don't quite understand this. How do I create a path within a folder?

UPDATE**** OH Got it. basically make a folder within a folder...I'm one step further will let you know if it doesn't work. Thanks
    Last edited by nick8539; 07/29/2009 at 04:22 PM.
    Fixing the directory structure worked! Up and running on my Mac. Thanks for all your great work.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamvegas View Post
    Thanks for the Win 7 tutorial! Thought I had a problem because I kept getting "device not installed". After a bit I realized that i'd forgotten to put the Pre in Developer mode
    Worked perfectly after that.

Does MyTether install without rooting in this version? (hope)
    I've tride it and it didn't work you have to do something like root in some shell.ipk you can find that ipk on the my tether post either first or second page but you do have to root your pre which really sucks
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    On the mac I tried fixing the directory structure to match the error and got as far as asking me to choose USB Device or Emulator, regardless of what I choose it just closes.
    Can anyone advise me?

I'm on Windows Vista 32. I've installed novacom without a problem. I've removed and then installed the newest version of Java. Just to be safe, I installed the SDK and Virtual Machine.

However, whenever I try and open the .jar file, I get one of the following errors:
    - When trying to open via an association with Java Platform SE Binary, I get a Windows dialogue that prompts me, "Could not find the main class ... Program will exit"
    - When trying to open via an association with Java Web Start Launcher, I get a Java dialogue that prompts me, "Unable to Launch the application."

Thus far, no luck getting the .jar file to execute? Any help out there?
    I cannot get anything to work on the pre, do I have to download the SDK? and if so where can i find the download for it? It keeps stating, device not found, and i am at a stop as to what is causing this besides the SDK thing.
  16.    #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by UnloadingWhale View Post
    I cannot get anything to work on the pre, do I have to download the SDK? and if so where can i find the download for it? It keeps stating, device not found, and i am at a stop as to what is causing this besides the SDK thing.
    No, SDK is not required.
    If you're on Windows, try http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html
    I am having the same problem.
    I DID have it working the other night, but for some reason I deleted everything and now I get the same message even though I have webOSDoctor in the same directory (actually its the webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar file)

can't seem to get past this.

Thanks.e
  18.    #318  
    v1.3 - July 29, 09
    - Many Mac/Linux bugfixes
    - Minor internal code changes

Download Mirror

I don't have a Mac, but I did as much testing on Ubuntu as I could. A redid a fair bit of the setup code and my app should be much more Mac/Linux-friendly.

I'm gonna postpone my guide on how to install non-standard apps til tomorrow (for various personal reasons).

Enjoy
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thank you, thank you it finaly worked on my mac!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    WebOS Quickinstall works but non off the apps are installed on my Pre. I'm i doing something wrong?