Page 158 of 184 FirstFirst ... 58108148153154155156157158159160161162163168 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    My apologies in advance if this has already been asked, but is it really necessary for WebOS Quick Install to restart webOS on the Pre immedaitely for every tweak that is turned on/off? I realize it's necessary to make the changes take effect, but immedaitely for every check mark changed? Could it batch them up, make the user hit an apply button and then apply the changes all at once and restart webOS once??

Also, could you add the Email "delete all" trashcan hack?

Thanks!
    Webdocter link broken!
    Quote Originally Posted by phanste View Post
    Webdocter link broken!
    google webOS doctor
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Won't be 100% WebOS 1.2 compatible, as I don't have a Pre and can't test the landscape ones. And ones like "Downloads in Browser" will be unnecessary. However, with my new patcher implementation, patch updates are very easy to do. So on 1.2 release, with help from beta testers, I'll should be able to get an updated version out the same day

Great work,
    And thanks for the great installer, you rock
    When I launch WebOSQuickInstall it tells me I need WebOSDoctor, and asks me if I want to download it. I say yes and select Sprint then hit ok. Then a Window pops up ERROR: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar. The only option is to select ok. I do and that's it. The windows close, and I'm left blinking.

Please help.

-- Ffej
    Have you found any work around?
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdr123 View Post
    When I launch WebOSQuickInstall it tells me I need WebOSDoctor, and asks me if I want to download it. I say yes and select Sprint then hit ok. Then a Window pops up ERROR: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar. The only option is to select ok. I do and that's it. The windows close, and I'm left blinking.

Please help.

-- Ffej
    If you need Webdoctor, read page 1, post#1.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  8.    #3148  
    Quote Originally Posted by lionsgraphics View Post
    is it still gonna be .jar?
    Yep. Java application is a great standard given it works with most Windows, Mac, and Linux systems.

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    Also, could you add the Email "delete all" trashcan hack?
    Got a link to the .patch?

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Hey jason...ur not gonna add anymore twaks to this new version...its just gonna include the patcher implementation?
    you'll have to wait and see
    Yep. Java application is a great standard given it works with most Windows, Mac, and Linux systems.

Got a link to the .patch?

you'll have to wait and see
    lol u love to keep secrets dont u...so ur uploading a screen shot of the update? and ru gonna release the update tonight also or another day?
  10.    #3150  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    lol u love to keep secrets dont u...so ur uploading a screen shot of the update? and ru gonna release the update tonight also or another day?
    I'll be tweeting a preview screenshot tonight, and releasing the 1.5 on Sunday in all likelihood.

And just a reminder, if there are any Windows/Mac/Linux developers reading this, and would like to help freely contribute to WebOSQuickInstall, please contact me via PM, or the email in post #1.

The only prerequisite knowledge you need is how to register a default file extension and how to forward launcher parameters into a an application you programmically launch.
    I'll be tweeting a preview screenshot tonight, and releasing the 1.5 on Sunday in all likelihood.
    1.5?
    WebOS Quick Install v2.03

This program is intended for use with WebOS applications that are in-testing, which under section 4.2 of the Palm SDK License Agreement allows for such unapproved applications to be installed on Palm devices. Applications installed with WebOS Quick Install have not be tested by Palm and are installed at your own risk.

<<edited by berd>>
    webos doctor no detecta mi palm pre. alguien puede ayudarme?
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 09/11/2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: fixed
    Is it just me or does anyone else think that we should have the option to change our icons to 5x4 or 4x4, give the users a choice, I and 3 of my friends all prefer the 5x4 and are still using that from the old version.
    wenever i run the jar file for webOS Quick Install i FAIL... basically it says i need to install webOS doctor and wen i try to install that i fail worse... idk wats going on
    [image 1]
    wen i try to run Quick Install and after they ask me to install webOS Doctor

[image 2]
    the point at which i'm stuck while trying to install webOS doctor after downloading it from palm.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Won't be 100% WebOS 1.2 compatible, as I don't have a Pre and can't test the landscape ones. And ones like "Downloads in Browser" will be unnecessary. However, with my new patcher implementation, patch updates are very easy to do. So on 1.2 release, with help from beta testers, I'll should be able to get an updated version out the same day
    even with the V2.03 landscape mode dosent work with both email and sms. When i took it off, my email is working but my SMS isnt working at all. Cant take the phone back to sprint now that i have hacked in it.
    Thanks PZcisco, I will give this a shot when I get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsup23 View Post
    even with the V2.03 landscape mode dosent work with both email and sms. When i took it off, my email is working but my SMS isnt working at all. Cant take the phone back to sprint now that i have hacked in it.
    First, why do you need to take it back to Sprint? Second, run webOSDoctor to restore your Pre to the factory settings. Third, there is a way to restore your text message app but I don't have a link to it. Problems solved.
    Last edited by bpdamas; 09/11/2009 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Further clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by xxunknown321 View Post
    wenever i run the jar file for webOS Quick Install i FAIL... basically it says i need to install webOS doctor and wen i try to install that i fail worse... idk wats going on
    [image 1]
    wen i try to run Quick Install and after they ask me to install webOS Doctor

[image 2]
    the point at which i'm stuck while trying to install webOS doctor after downloading it from palm.com
    It looks like you already have Webosdocotor.jar? If you already have Webosdoctor, you need to place both .jar files into a same folder (create a new folder on your desktop and place both files in there). If this doesn't make sense, please read page 1, post#1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsup23 View Post
    As Jason has stated before, landscape is hit and miss. Both email and sms landscape work for me but it doesn't work for everyone. If your SMS is not working, the solution for you is in this thread. Do a search. I think the page you're looking for is somewhere in the 90's but I can't remember for sure.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    WebOS Quick Install v2.03
    As of v1.2, WebOSQuickInstall can download and setup WebOSDoctor's file for you.
    As others have pointed out, this is no longer true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeorwned View Post
    As others have pointed out, this is no longer true.
    Jason has already addressed this issue within this thread.