Page 157 of 184 FirstFirst ... 57107147152153154155156157158159160161162167 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    I have uninstalled and renstalled everything. I got the quickinstall and webosdoctor in the same folder . Files read.. Webosquickinstall and webosdoctor.jar. I still get the error when it tries to download webdoctor. The webdoctor in the folder is a zipped file. If i unzipp it the quick install works but wont download no files. Even when i click the 3rd botton down!!! What is goin on!!!!!! Help help help help
    Quote Originally Posted by budlightpw View Post
    I have uninstalled and renstalled everything. I got the quickinstall and webosdoctor in the same folder . Files read.. Webosquickinstall and webosdoctor.jar. I still get the error when it tries to download webdoctor. The webdoctor in the folder is a zipped file. If i unzipp it the quick install works but wont download no files. Even when i click the 3rd botton down!!! What is goin on!!!!!! Help help help help
    If you would take the time to either search, or just read a few pages back in this thread (page 153), you would have found :

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I have posted this tip before and will do so again as so many folks seems to have .zip & .rar file issues, or they can't find where their downloaded file ended up.

USE Firefox to download the programs!!! Before you download, go to the Menu >>tools>>options ... select the Main tab and under "Downloads" select the radio button for "Always ask me where to save files"...

This does 2 things for you:

1) you pick the directory where you are saving the 2 files.
    2) you can rename the files as you select where to save them.

Your end result should be a directory with 2.jar files:
    WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    webOSDoctor.jar

And one further tip: If you want to ensure you don't accidentally start the Dr instead of the Quick Install, create a shortcut for QI and drag it to your desktop, start menu, or quick launch.
    There are many on here who strive to help, but please everyone, how about a little initiative!!
    Irish
    where is this??????????Before you download, go to the Menu >>tools>>options ... select the Main tab and under "Downloads" select the radio button for
    I'm a new Pre user. I have a Macbook. I followed instructions given: How To: Install Homebrew Apps from our Gallery. Got to step 4. I clicked Install. Error occurs. "Error 1 Operation Timed Out". Clicked OK to the message. Error " No device found".....HELP!!!

RNL04
    where is this??????????Before you download, go to the Menu >>tools>>options ... select the Main tab and under "Downloads" select the radio button for
    FIREFOX... the instructions were how to set up Firefox...

Here is as clear as I can possibly make it...

In Firefox, the menus across the top are: File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Tools, & Help.... go to the Tools Menu.... at or near the bottom of that menu you will find Options... when you select it, a new window opens with different selections across the top... the first one is Main... about half way down the page you will see options for downloading... select the radio button for "Always ask me where to save files"

then follow the instructions in my previous post.
    Irish
    i got it that is what everyone needs.. it works all the way for me now after i did the firefox thing thank u so much
    now where is that keyboard app at? lmao
    Hi I need help I tried to open the quick installer but i get this error message
    java.io.filenotfoundexception: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

I dont know whats wrong or how to fix this. Please help. Can someone also send me a private message if need be to get an answer. Thanks ahead of time.
  8.    #3128  
    Just a heads-up, I'll be postin a v2.5 preview screenshot (yea, that big of a version jump ) tomorrow night, if all things go as scheduled, on my Twitter feed: @JayCanuck
    Look i know this may sound stupid, but try it out. USE Firefox, download both files (do not unzip either one). Once you have both run webos quick install

I was getting the same crap when I was using IE to download the files, I tried Firefox and it worked just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just a heads-up, I'll be postin a v2.5 preview screenshot (yea, that big of a version jump ) tomorrow night, if all things go as scheduled, on my Twitter feed: @JayCanuck
    that is a freaking huge jump... is it future web os proof?
    MatterOfFactJack
  11.    #3131  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    that is a freaking huge jump... is it future web os proof?
    Won't be 100% WebOS 1.2 compatible, as I don't have a Pre and can't test the landscape ones. And ones like "Downloads in Browser" will be unnecessary. However, with my new patcher implementation, patch updates are very easy to do. So on 1.2 release, with help from beta testers, I'll should be able to get an updated version out the same day
    Won't be 100% WebOS 1.2 compatible, as I don't have a Pre and can't test the landscape ones. And ones like "Downloads in Browser" will be unnecessary. However, with my new patcher implementation, patch updates are very easy to do. So on 1.2 release, with help from beta testers, I'll should be able to get an updated version out the same day
    cool deal!
    MatterOfFactJack
    for everyone still having "no device found issue" try going to you device manager, click on view, then show hidden devices". If you find a question mark over you palm novacom, uninstall it, then reconnect your device.
    cant w8 to c it
    I am a new pre owner, and would like to download some homebrew apps. the link to download thie webos quickinstall is not working. how do I actually download this program.
    is it still gonna be .jar?
    Hey jason...ur not gonna add anymore twaks to this new version...its just gonna include the patcher implementation?
    Read the Troubleshooting Guide and please don't spam the thread.

And I take offense to you saying answers have only been snarky to rude, I've been as polite as I can, giving much more support than other developers would, especially considering this is freeware and I'm spending my spare time developing/answer emails/responding to forum posts.
    Oh, no need to take offense unless you really want to. :-) I didn't accuse *you* of being snarky or rude. But the facts are that for every scatter-brained question that has ended up posted here without reading the trouble-shooting guide, there's been a response (not necessarily from you) that is neither helpful to the individual or the overall goal of streamlining the community support process. My post was simply a call to the community to stop looking to the developer to do everything, and get behind a better support process. I *think* I said that originally...
    The link is broken to download the web doctor, could you please correct the link
    Jason, you are doing a great job especially since you don't have a Pre! Is that true? WebOS Quick Install has made tweaking simple for the non-Linux crowd. Although I can't wait for WebOS 1.2, I will be sad to give up some of the tweaks you implemented and I made myself. I was encouraged to read that you plan on fixing the relevant tweaks the same day as it is released. Hopefully Palm will fix iTunes syncing by delaying the release. Also, your file manager is great too. Keeps me from using the terminal all of the time.