Page 156 of 184 FirstFirst ... 56106146151152153154155156157158159160161166 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Ok everyone with the java.io problem. When u get the webdoctor its a zipped file u got to unzipp it then put that one in the same folder as the quickinstall then it will pop up
  2.    #3102  
    Quote Originally Posted by budlightpw View Post
    Ok everyone with the java.io problem. When u get the webdoctor its a zipped file u got to unzipp it then put that one in the same folder as the quickinstall then it will pop up
    No, it's not a zip. Do not unzip. Just make sure both jar files are in the same folder
    i did read the troubleshooting guide
    I too had trouble loading. But after my son came downstairs to help the old man out; he figured that the link to WebOSDoctor, within the quick installer app, must not be an up to date link so we downloaded it, WebOSDoctor, into the same file location as the java installer and the WebOSQuickInstall. Then we ran the quick install again and wala it worked. Hope this helps. Thanks to Jason R. for a truly remarkable program.
    well when i got the file i looked on it. it said zipped it would not work at all kept wanting to download webosdoctor untill i unzipped the file then the quickinstall came up but i can put files on my pre. there are no install apps
    u kinda of lost me can u do a step by step for us?
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjimbiggs View Post
    I too had trouble loading. But after my son came downstairs to help the old man out; he figured that the link to WebOSDoctor, within the quick installer app, must not be an up to date link so we downloaded it, WebOSDoctor, into the same file location as the java installer and the WebOSQuickInstall. Then we ran the quick install again and wala it worked. Hope this helps. Thanks to Jason R. for a truly remarkable program.
    java installer?????
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    i know this has probably been answered but when 1.02 webos comes out do we need to uninstall everything to do with quickinstall such as apps tweaks so fourth to make it work correctly
    ok, I must be missing something, I cant find a zip file anywhere, the only thing I've found thats downloadable is webosdoctor or whatever but that is a .jar file and called doctor, not quickinstall, can anyone help me please?
    I cant seem to find the file myself either.
    webdoctor is the zipped file i was talkn about.. click on it and then click options it will show u if its zipped
    I want the full quickinstall file, if its possible to download, I dont want JUST webdoctor though...
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodguitarist View Post
    I want the full quickinstall file, if its possible to download, I dont want JUST webdoctor though...
    I believe the webOSDoctor has to be there just in case you mess up your Pre!!!

Which it seems a lot of people do around here.

I just read the developers statement and yes maybe he should re-write the documentation, but he has not been sarky. It's usually others.

But the developer is correct, a lot of people just download the files (and not all of them) without reading the FULL documentation.

And follow it step by step, that's what I did. And when I had a question, I went back to the docs to see what step I missed or misunderstood.

I got it to work without asking questions.

As my brother used to tell me when I wanted to learn computers, READ THE MANUAL!!!

And a good technician reads the manual!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

hotrod... what u talkn about the full quickinstall file
    the only file I can find to download, is webdoctor, not a group of files with webdoctor in them, I understand why you would need it, but I can't find any other file besides that...?
    yes bud the full file, I haven't seen it
    When I try to run the webOS quick install, it will say "checking system..." for my phone, but then never seems to connect to it. It will tell me that I need to connect my phone, but it already is.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I believe the webOSDoctor has to be there just in case you mess up your Pre!!!
    Rob
    it is more important than that... Jason will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe he stated previously that his program uses some java parts that are internals of the WebOSDoctor.
    Irish
    seriously, can noone tell me where the quickinstall is?????
    hotrod there is a post on page 154 with all the links u need