Page 153 of 184 FirstFirst ... 53103143148149150151152153154155156157158163 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by telloj View Post
    I tried the first two links I get "Oops! This link appears to be broken" for both. I do have the latest Java and I see the WebOSDoc rar file already downloaded on my computer.. .. but nextt......
    If you have sprint, try the link again, http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabimen View Post
    If you have sprint, try the link again, http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar
    Yes I have sprint, and I have downloaded the link u gave me already. I was told not to unzip so Im just trying to find where to download WebOSQuickInstall. You think It is cuz Iam using my pre at the momment for tethering Wifi that the links do not work?>?? i dunno
    I tried the first two links I get "Oops! This link appears to be broken" for both. I do have the latest Java and I see the WebOSDoc rar file already downloaded on my computer.. .. but nextt......
    Use the following link to get the correct file for WebOSDoctor. Click on where it says run WebOSDoctor. Click on your carrier. Click on Download. Enter your serial number and download. Then rename that file to WebOSDoctor.jar and place it in the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar that you downloaded from the first post.

Palm - palm.com/rom
    Yes I have sprint, and I have downloaded the link u gave me already. I was told not to unzip so Im just trying to find where to download WebOSQuickInstall. You think It is cuz Iam using my pre at the momment for tethering Wifi that the links do not work?>?? i dunno
    http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...ickinstall.jar
    Look in the first post all the way at the bottom right before all of the thanks.
    Ok got it finally and now Iam getting that error message File Not Found Exception WebOSDOC. Im just goingto delete the WebOSDOC file I have and download it thru WebOSQuickInstall... Thanks man Ill let u know if I get stuck.
    I THINK I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO MAY BE HAVING TROUBLE!!!!!!!! I was initially trying this out for hours with no success after having the file come up as a zip file and attempting to rename the file and STILL getting the message stating that it could not find the webOSdoctor. I simply solved the problem by first off deleting the webOSdoctor program and downloaded it again. When I clicked on save I RENAMED IT @ THAT POINT to webOSdoctor.jar. Before i just clicked on save and renamed the .zip/.rar file and didnt have success but this time it opened right up. I felt so dumb after trying this out for so long LoL...but go ahead and give it a try!
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    You do not need to drop the file into WebOSQuickInstall. Just locate the webosdoctor.jar in the same folder the WebOSQuickInstall.jar is located.
    I can't even open the webosinstaller without being prompted that I need the webosdoctor. I have erased the installer and redownloaded it and the same thing happens. I don't know much about program files, but the installer has a Java icon in front of it not a file or zipfile icon. Any recommendations?
    Would it be possible to clean up the thread somehow? Like maybe remove the hundreds or repetitive posts with people complaining about not being able to find a file that is posted 4 or 5 posts before? That might even make it easier for the lost people to find what they apparently are incapable of finding? I know PPC geeks sometimes does that and it helps keep huge threads like this one under control. just a suggestion.
    I have this tip calculator redux app that I downloaded awhile back and it is now stuck. It wont delete with the orange + tap feature and I tried using this webOS quick install feature to hopefully delete it but still nothing there. Anything else i can try?
    Ok got it finally and now Iam getting that error message File Not Found Exception WebOSDOC. Im just goingto delete the WebOSDOC file I have and download it thru WebOSQuickInstall... Thanks man Ill let u know if I get stuck.
    This will not work for you. Download WebOSDoctor from the link in post 3028 and follow the instructions in the same post.
    Quote Originally Posted by rotag99 View Post
    I can't even open the webosinstaller without being prompted that I need the webosdoctor. I have erased the installer and redownloaded it and the same thing happens. I don't know much about program files, but the installer has a Java icon in front of it not a file or zipfile icon. Any recommendations?
    You need to have webosdoctor downloaded prior to running the webosquickinstall. Download it from post 3028 and follow those instructions.
    using: Pre
    operating system: Windows XP
    troubleshooting: N/A

I've been using WebOS Quick Install for a while, with no issues. This morning, I updated a couple of my homebrew apps, and then turned on, and then back off, the tweaks for battery meter percentage and for call log duration. All of a sudden, I can't open up my texts. I can get to the conversations screen, but can't open up individual texts. Any idea why this might have happened, or how to fix it?

I've already tried putting it out, back in, and back out of developer mode, doing a soft reset, doing a hard reset, making sure i have no tweaks enabled...

Thanks...
    Last edited by dgmarcus; 09/10/2009 at 03:23 PM.
    I keep gettin an error. FileNotFound
    bpdamas, thanks for your prompt attention. I have read the troubleshooting and homebrew instructions thoroughly and am at a loss. I have downloaded the webos quick installer from the initial post/link the the palm site webosdoctor after. I have deleted both and had downloaded them in the reverse order. No matter which was done first I can't even access or open the install program to get to any of its folders without being prompted to download webosdoctor again. Just to be clear I have the latest Java. I am doing this all on my laptop. It seems that the people who are successful are able toplaced the renamed file into the quick install's .jar folder but I can't...or don't know how...to even open the install to place the webosdoc.jar file where it seems I should be placing it. I do appreciate your help an time. Perhaps I have missed a step, am doing something wrong or am just plain stupid. I really want this to work because there seem to be a few homebrews that will make my pre an awesome machine. Can you help? Any additional info you need from me I will readily provide.
    bpdamas, thanks for your prompt attention. I have read the troubleshooting and homebrew instructions thoroughly and am at a loss. I have downloaded the webos quick installer from the initial post/link the the palm site webosdoctor after. I have deleted both and had downloaded them in the reverse order. No matter which was done first I can't even access or open the install program to get to any of its folders without being prompted to download webosdoctor again. Just to be clear I have the latest Java. I am doing this all on my laptop. It seems that the people who are successful are able toplaced the renamed file into the quick install's .jar folder but I can't...or don't know how...to even open the install to place the webosdoc.jar file where it seems I should be placing it. I do appreciate your help an time. Perhaps I have missed a step, am doing something wrong or am just plain stupid. I really want this to work because there seem to be a few homebrews that will make my pre an awesome machine. Can you help? Any additional info you need from me I will readily provide.
    1. Create a new folder on your desktop (call it whatever you want)
    2. drag and drop / move the Webosquickinstall.jar file into the new folder you just created.
    3. Drag and drop / move the Webosdoctor.jar file into the new folder you just created.

When you do this, post back.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    You need to just have the webosdoctor file in the same file folder that the webosquickinstall file is located. For instance, if you save the webosquickinstall.jar in "c:\palm pre" then you need to make sure you have the webosdoctor.jar saved and named correctly in the same "c:\palm pre" folder. Try that and see if it works.
    Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    i keep getting a error when its telling me to download webos doctor........ can someone help
  20.    #3060  
    Quote Originally Posted by hiloboy1977 View Post
    i keep getting a error when its telling me to download webos doctor........ can someone help
    Read the last few pages