Page 151 of 184 FirstFirst ... 51101141146147148149150151152153154155156161 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #3001  
    Quote Originally Posted by freeride131 View Post
    First of all thanks to the people who made this...

every time I try to install webos doctor and error says
    filenotfoundexception..http://palm/...

whats up with this? What do i do???
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeiss View Post
    i am having the same issue. help!
    Bot you 2, read the last few pages. The answer has been posted countless times now

EDIT: Wow, page 150 and almost at post #3000. Sweet
    Jason, I realize it's irritating to have people post the same question over and over, but it would help if you changed the first page so that it doesn't say Quick Install will install both files. It doesn't now, and the links posted for obtaining Doctor don't work; instead people need to search carefully until they find a link to the Palm one, which requires your serial number. If you want to avoid all the redundant posts, clear this up on the first post and give clear directions about what works and what doesn't, and post links that work. Maybe people won't have to go through 150 pages and ask the same questions over and over. Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by davidra; 09/10/2009 at 07:39 AM.
    Good Morning all~

I have a question that I'm SURE someone has come across, but after searching this thread for a half hour, I decided to just ask.

I installed Novacom using the Orca fix, and I installed the newest Java. When I try to run webosquickinstall, I get "This file does not have a program associated...".

I attempted to use javaw.exe, and I got the error "Could not find the main class"..

Bear in mind I have uninstalled and reinstalled Java like 5 times to try to fix this..
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Jason, I realize it's irritating to have people post the same question over and over, but it would help if you changed the first page so that it doesn't say Quick Install will install both files. It doesn't now, and the links posted for obtaining Doctor don't work; instead people need to search carefully until they find a link to the Palm one, which requires your serial number. If you want to avoid all the redundant posts, clear this up on the first post and give clear directions about what works and what doesn't, and post links that work. Maybe people won't have to go through 150 pages and ask the same questions over and over. Just a suggestion.
    But it will download both files. If you're talking about the webdoctor links (one for Sprint and one for Bell), I just tried each one and they both work as expected? If you're trying to access them from work (behind a corporate firewall), this has caused issues with other users (firewall blocks it). Unless you were talking about a different link that is displayed on the first page? Firefox will download them with no problems. The only browser I've seen with issues is Chrome. First attachment is Bell download and the second attachment is Sprint download.

Bell Download.JPG
    Sprint download.JPG
    Last edited by Achill3s; 09/10/2009 at 09:50 AM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    But it will install both files. If you're talking about the webdoctor links (one for Sprint and one for Bell), I just tried each one and they both work as expected? If you're trying to access them from work (behind a corporate firewall), this has caused issues with other users (firewall blocks it). Unless you were talking about a different link that is displayed on the first page?
    Fyi I had to right-click and 'save as' for the link to work...if that helps..
    I've read through a lot of post and can't find the answer to my question so sorry if I am reposting something. I have a mac that is about 5 years old and I cannot get Java 1.6 to run on it. Is there anything I can do?
    But it will download both files. If you're talking about the webdoctor links (one for Sprint and one for Bell), I just tried each one and they both work as expected? If you're trying to access them from work (behind a corporate firewall), this has caused issues with other users (firewall blocks it). Unless you were talking about a different link that is displayed on the first page? Firefox will download them with no problems. The only browser I've seen with issues is Chrome. First attachment is Bell download and the second attachment is Sprint download.

Bell Download.JPG
    Sprint download.JPG
    I think they were talking about using WebOSQuickInstall to download the WebOSDoctor files.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I think they were talking about using WebOSQuickInstall to download the WebOSDoctor files.
    Ahhh, I see.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    Good Morning all~

I have a question that I'm SURE someone has come across, but after searching this thread for a half hour, I decided to just ask.

I installed Novacom using the Orca fix, and I installed the newest Java. When I try to run webosquickinstall, I get "This file does not have a program associated...".

I attempted to use javaw.exe, and I got the error "Could not find the main class"..

Bear in mind I have uninstalled and reinstalled Java like 5 times to try to fix this..
    FYI in case anyone faces this problem, try running the jar at the command prompt with this command:
    java -jar C:\path to file\WebOSQuickInstall.jar

It worked for me but now I have to get the webosdoctor file..
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    naivety isn't the issue... it is legwork!

this issue has been covered multiple times in the last 10-15 pages of this thread. there is a problem with the Sprint link, so others (including the author) have posted alternate links. You will find many by using the search feature.

Here is one of those:
    I appreciate your help. I was able to download the webosdoctor file and changed its name to webosdoctor.jar. I am trying to drop the file into the webosinstaller but it is not going in. The icon in front of the installer program is a java icon and the icon in front of the webosdoctor is a zip icon. Any idea how to achieve this?
    Ahhh, I see.
    Yeah, under requirements it still says that as of version 1.2 it can download and set up the WebOSDoctor file for you. I don't think this is the case still since Palm changed the link. If Jason could update the first page, I think this would eliminate some confusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by rotag99 View Post
    I appreciate your help. I was able to download the webosdoctor file and changed its name to webosdoctor.jar. I am trying to drop the file into the webosinstaller but it is not going in. The icon in front of the installer program is a java icon and the icon in front of the webosdoctor is a zip icon. Any idea how to achieve this?
    You do not need to drop the file into WebOSQuickInstall. Just locate the webosdoctor.jar in the same folder the WebOSQuickInstall.jar is located.
    FYI in case anyone faces this problem, try running the jar at the command prompt with this command:
    java -jar C:\path to file\WebOSQuickInstall.jar

It worked for me but now I have to get the webosdoctor file..
    Aaaaaggghhh!

Nevermind. I got the webosdoctor file but now when I run that command it does NOTHING. So I can't run the jar as normal because I get the error that it isn't associated with a program...and I can't select "javaw.exe" because it can't find the "main class".

This is giving me a headache.

Anyone?
    Aaaaaggghhh!

Nevermind. I got the webosdoctor file but now when I run that command it does NOTHING. So I can't run the jar as normal because I get the error that it isn't associated with a program...and I can't select "javaw.exe" because it can't find the "main class".

This is giving me a headache.

Anyone?
    Did you try reinstalling java and making sure you have the correct version?
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    You do not need to drop the file into WebOSQuickInstall. Just locate the webosdoctor.jar in the same folder the WebOSQuickInstall.jar is located.
    That worked! Yay! I used your advice as a last resort...even though you weren't talking to me, and it worked! Thanks!
    Also, you do not need to run the webOSdoctor file unless you want to reset your phone.

EDIT #2: Actually after thinking about it I guess I can take consolation in the fact that I am the 3000th reply.
    Last edited by bpdamas; 09/10/2009 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Bummer. 3001.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    system WindowsXP 32bit

I once had about a dozen tweaks but have uninstalled all in anticipation of the new os.
    I've been using osinstall to successfully install and uninstall ipks on my system. Yesterday, I was trying to add jason's flashlight service to the feeds to try and install the flashlight service and the feed list starting hanging. In other words, when I selected a different feed, the list box would not change descriptions for the new feed. I thought maybe the osinstall was corrupted, so I brought in a new 2.03 version of osinstall.

Now when I click in the box to bring up the drop-down list of feeds, nothing happens... no drop-down boxes or any indication the button is being pushed. I thought it was my connection, so I downloaded a tweak for the 4x4, and it pushed fine to my device.

Any ideas on why the button is failing?
    I ended up reseting my phone trying to figure out how to run this (program) I read all the threads and still can't get this to work, the only thing that worked was the reset. I have downloaded the webosinstall and the wbosdoctor. When I try to run the webosinstall under the sprint download, it gives me this error: java.io.FileNotFoundException:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/w...0ewwsprint.jar
    what do i do?
    Last edited by wabimen; 09/10/2009 at 11:39 AM.
    By the way I have windows xp, palm pre (reseted by the cool webosdoctor), java 6 standard edition build 1.6.0_16-b01, downloaded redownloaded, rebooted, rebooted and rebooted and nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by wabimen View Post
    what do i do?
    Hmmmm ..... you need to either search the forum with the "search this thread" button or go back literally 1 page to get this to work.