Page 15 of 184 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #281  
    it came up for me...not super fast, but in like a minute or two, the novacom installer came up...

    but try also doing the emulator...might fix it if the the novacom doesnt come up..

    but give it a minute...
  2. #282  
    i already have the apps...took the fone out the pc...

    do i leave it there in dev. mode? or should it turn it off?
  3. #283  
    Thanks for the help. Version 1.25 worked for me on Windows Vista.

    FYI -- for people still having problems with installation -- after WebOSDoctor installs, you need to wait about 2 minutes after you double click on the .jar file for the installation to continue. At least, that's what happened on my system.

    Works great.
  4. #284  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Thanks for the help. Version 1.25 worked for me on Windows Vista.

    FYI -- for people still having problems with installation -- after WebOSDoctor installs, you need to wait about 2 minutes after you double click on the .jar file for the installation to continue. At least, that's what happened on my system.

    Works great.

    yeap...

    now do u know if you should leave your fone always on dev. mode?
    or should i take it out dev. mode once i have the fone out?
  5. #285  
    1.25 actually makes something happen when I hit Install or Device Mode, unfortunately it just errors and says no device found.
  6. #286  
    Great work. The only thing this needs is an option to start/stop the novacom service so I don't have to stop it to safely remove.
  7. Nick8539's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #287  
    I keep getting this error just trying to install WebOSQuick Install.

    I tried even downloading web OS doctor and have it in the same directory as the Quickinstall. Any advice?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8. #288  
    I would love to use this program to install the homebrew apps since the app catalog is anemic at the time but I can't figure out how to get this thing working. I thought i was pretty savvy but i spent hours last night trying everything to get this to work. I'm going to start fresh on another computer. I am dowloading the latest java version now and i am using windows xp. I understand i double click on the jar file-should the phone be plugged in developer mode 'just charge' status before i double click the jar file and download the file? If this doesn't work is there another method to install hombrew apps? Is the prebrew method easier? Any help would be greatly appreciated
  9. #289  
    Quote Originally Posted by nick8539 View Post
    I keep getting this error just trying to install WebOSQuick Install.

    I tried even downloading web OS doctor and have it in the same directory as the Quickinstall. Any advice?
    I'm getting the exact same error. I've downloaded WebOSDoctor separately and it doesn't help. Running Mac OS X, all Java settings are correct.

    If I select 'No', the program closes. If I select 'Yes', I get the error.
  10. #290  
    Anyone...help???
    When trying to download WebOsDoctor, or WebOSDoctor recovery...after I hit open or save file, when the download is complete multiple web pages open simutaneoulsy (23 total). I need help with this whole thing, I've turned off my firewall and antivirus. I have SDK installed, virtual box, orca, and 7 zip...however I can't get WebOS Doctor to come up, and I can't get Web OS Quick Install neither (is there a way for me to save it as an icon on my pc)?
    Last edited by ibthaone78; 07/29/2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
  11. #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by nick8539 View Post
    I keep getting this error just trying to install WebOSQuick Install.

    I tried even downloading web OS doctor and have it in the same directory as the Quickinstall. Any advice?
    im getting that error too
  12. #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by geobag View Post
    ok, I have followed the instructions. I have everything running. When I click the .jar file It asks me which device I want to use, I choose "USB" hit ok, the dialog box goes away, but then nothing happens.

    Thoughts?
    EXACT same problem on XP...maybe Allah don't want us playing with this...
  13. #293  
    Same here. The older version was working. After installing the version before latest, the program stop working. Will install and try the latest version tonight after work.
  14. Norelco's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #294  
    So I havnt had a chance to try it. Just download it again and it shouldn't ask me to chose usb or emulator?
  15.    #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by nick8539 View Post
    I keep getting this error just trying to install WebOSQuick Install.

    I tried even downloading web OS doctor and have it in the same directory as the Quickinstall. Any advice?
    I'm gonna look into this. For now, manually download (see post 1 for link), rename that file to webOSDoctor.jar and move to the same directory as WebOSQuickInstall.jar


    Quote Originally Posted by alexlevy117 View Post
    I would love to use this program to install the homebrew apps since the app catalog is anemic at the time but I can't figure out how to get this thing working. I thought i was pretty savvy but i spent hours last night trying everything to get this to work. I'm going to start fresh on another computer. I am dowloading the latest java version now and i am using windows xp. I understand i double click on the jar file-should the phone be plugged in developer mode 'just charge' status before i double click the jar file and download the file? If this doesn't work is there another method to install hombrew apps? Is the prebrew method easier? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    PreBrew uses the exact same requirements as my app.


    Just a reminder to everyone. During first time setup, if you're wanting to use a real device, choose "USB device". If you want to use with the WebOS emulator, choose "Emulator"
  16.    #296  
    Quote Originally Posted by ret2961 View Post
    EXACT same problem on XP...maybe Allah don't want us playing with this...
    You have to give it a minute. After you choose your device, my app will attempt to install Novacom. It may take a min or two. After that, my app's main view will popup. First-time setup, as the name implies, will only happen once (as long as you force my app to close before novacom installation is finished).
  17. #297  
    By far the best upload program that I have tried yet.
  18. #298  
    my question is still in the air...

    should i leave the fone on dev. mode, or shld i turn it back off.???
  19. SoloTwo's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #299  
    Well downloaded and installed the new version, and it works now on 32bit XP. Good work, now time to install me some apps.
  20. Nick8539's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm gonna look into this. For now, manually download (see post 1 for link), rename that file to webOSDoctor.jar and move to the same directory as WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    I tried this but still receiving the same error. I replied to your email and yeah I can help you with testing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions