Page 149 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4999139144145146147148149150151152153154159 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Jason, I'm not sure what is going on here but I have used any of your tweaks and this is my first problem. I tried searching this thread but found no solution. Here's my issue:

I have been removing all tweaks (one by one) as suggested. I decided to give the new messaging tweak a try for a couple of days (w/ set avatar). Unfortunately I did not have a .png file to use so I cancelled. It appeared the tweak still executed (signaled by the Luna reboot). However, I can't get threaded messaging to work, as mentioned by another poster. Did my not selecting an avatar when prompted break something in the code. Unchecking the tweak does not restore the messaging app to normal. I would like to avoid calling the Doctor, so any assistance you or someone else can offer would be much appreciated.

If you need anything further to help diagnose the issue, please let me know.

One more thing, when I get a notification of a new sms and tap the notification I get the white screen and nothing else. Obviously I will refrain from updating until this is resolved as a precaution.
    I have a palm pre and I've done every thing and downloaded everything and the only thing that came up was the webosdoctor.... I am totally lost. I've tried looking for the file on my computer but Idk where it is! or the name of the file! I even searched it and it's not coming up! please someone help me
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babywayne View Post
    Jason, I'm not sure what is going on here but I have used any of your tweaks and this is my first problem. I tried searching this thread but found no solution. Here's my issue:

I have been removing all tweaks (one by one) as suggested. I decided to give the new messaging tweak a try for a couple of days (w/ set avatar). Unfortunately I did not have a .png file to use so I cancelled. It appeared the tweak still executed (signaled by the Luna reboot). However, I can't get threaded messaging to work, as mentioned by another poster. Did my not selecting an avatar when prompted break something in the code. Unchecking the tweak does not restore the messaging app to normal. I would like to avoid calling the Doctor, so any assistance you or someone else can offer would be much appreciated.

If you need anything further to help diagnose the issue, please let me know.

One more thing, when I get a notification of a new sms and tap the notification I get the white screen and nothing else. Obviously I will refrain from updating until this is resolved as a precaution.

LOL man, did you do message forwarding? Mine started with the message forwarding... go figure, but ya, it all worked with the tweaks checked off, but once I removed it, bam, no more messaging thread... I don't want to run webos dr. but I guess I don't have much of a choice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    LOL man, did you do message forwarding? Mine started with the message forwarding... go figure, but ya, it all worked with the tweaks checked off, but once I removed it, bam, no more messaging thread... I don't want to run webos dr. but I guess I don't have much of a choice...
    If you do a search in this thread, I think you will find a fix that won't require running the Dr.

If my memory serves me correctly, search for a post from the author (Jason) that includes a zip file with 4 files to upload to your phone.
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    If you do a search in this thread, I think you will find a fix that won't require running the Dr.

If my memory serves me correctly, search for a post from the author (Jason) that includes a zip file with 4 files to upload to your phone.
    I don't mind doing the search but man, there are 148 pages in this thread. I'll see if I find some time later.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    man, I'm running the Dr now... can I cancel?
    it says error everytime i try to download web os! PLEASE HELPPP!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quick Install rocks. I especially love the tweaks. I know I will have to take the time very soon to remove them all for 1.2 but I think it will be worth it.
    I don't mind doing the search but man, there are 148 pages in this thread. I'll see if I find some time later.
    I didn't say read, I said search... use the search button on top of the page...
    Irish
    You don't have to search 148 pages of this thread. There is a link at the top of each page that says "search this thread" - select it. I typed in "broken messaging tweak" and got a single hit that had a link to the zip file containing the 4 files you need.

It took me less than 10 seconds to find it.

Sure I could post it but I figured that people need to show some initiative and at least make an attempt to find the solution that has already been posted.

EDIT: Here are pictures showing the simple steps I took to find the answer:

Last edited by Trekker; 09/09/2009 at 08:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I didn't say read, I said search... use the search button on top of the page...
    and not to belabor the obvious, but if all would make use of the search feature (a simple process, as Trekker showed), we wouldn't have 148 pages of duplicate posts...
    Irish
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    K, so I've uploaded a new hotfix version (last one, I swear, lol).

The PNG chooser showing/not showing issue is fixed.

For those who used the first build of 2.03 and got the broken Messaging app, download this zip file. Make sure both Message Forwarding and Messaging in landscape are unchecked.

Extract the files from the zip. For each of the 4 files, do this:
    - In WebOS Quick Install, go in the menu Tools->Send File.
    - Drag the file onto the Send File window.
    - For the .jsjsjs $files$, $put$ $this$ $as$ $the$ $Destination$ $Folder$:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/
    - For the .css file, put this as the Destination Folder:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/

Reboot your Pre, and everything should be working again and you should be able to check it again to get it working properly.

hey guys found it.... page 97... really easy, download, extract, open quick install... I have my threads back... yes!!!!
    When I run the jar file and it goes to download WebOSDoctor, I receive and error stating, "File Not Found for WebOSDoctor." Did it change locations? I have WebOS Quick Install on my PC already along with WebOS Doctor but an older version and I would like the Tweeks section. Any ideas?
    WebOSDoctor recovery rom

* As of v1.2, WebOSQuickInstall can download and setup WebOSDoctor's file for you.
    * Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS 1.03 factory settings
    * If you want to download it on your own, Sprint download here, Bell download here (use either if you're just using emulator) and copy that .jar file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar

I've downloaded on my own & use the sprint download. I have the webOSDoctor file but your askin me to copy that same file to the WebOSQuickInstall.jar ... Well what's the name of that folder? I can't find the **** no where on my computer and when the webosdoctor pops up the quick install dosen't.... I have the updated java, novcom but what am i dong wrong

PLEASE HELP!
    Okay i downloaded the web doctor.When the screen pops up i am suppose to close out of that and not go through the steps on the web doctor right.Then download the web OS file.Plug my phone in and use the just charge option.Then double click and run the Web OS software.Problem is when i do that the driver pops and and says nova com needs to install drivers for the software to work.That is were i am stuck at right now.I am using mozilla so shouldnt both files go in the same folder by them selfs once i download them both.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    so ya, did the backup files and worked fine... went back in and tried to get my avitar showing correctly and ya, messed you again... had to run the back up files again and working again....
    when I download webOS quick install nothing happens. WebOS doctor.jar opens up, but the qick install doesn't. There are no mirrors to download on the page which may be the problem. I have tried it about 20 times. Getting frustrated..please HELP!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by aneesah View Post
    WebOSDoctor recovery rom

* As of v1.2, WebOSQuickInstall can download and setup WebOSDoctor's file for you.
    * Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS 1.03 factory settings
    * If you want to download it on your own, Sprint download here, Bell download here (use either if you're just using emulator) and copy that .jar file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar

I've downloaded on my own & use the sprint download. I have the webOSDoctor file but your askin me to copy that same file to the WebOSQuickInstall.jar ... Well what's the name of that folder? I can't find the **** no where on my computer and when the webosdoctor pops up the quick install dosen't.... I have the updated java, novcom but what am i dong wrong

PLEASE HELP!
    The two files just need to be in the same folder. It can be any folder you make.
    i have the same problem...I put them in the same folder but only the webOS doctor opens up..not quick install..what am I doing wrong??
    Ok I'm having issues downloading the my notification ipk file-i have the webos quick installed and when i drag and drop the ipk files into the web os and click install, it does nothing