Page 147 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4797137142143144145146147148149150151152157 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    well i've tried to down load the webOs.jar and I can do it> gives me an error message could I get a little more help.
    [QUOTE=Zbecker;1880487]
    Quote Originally Posted by Black3ggt88 View Post

EDIT:
    Disregard my former comment. It appears that you can find the offline version of webOS Doctor at http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar. Looks like the URL was changed recently.
    When I download that file I get a zip file. How do I get the exectable jar file from that zip file?
    Quote Originally Posted by robbaham View Post
    wen i click the execute file it keeps telling me that i need the zip file but i hav it already n they r both in the same folder
    [quote=davidra;1880937]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zbecker View Post

When I download that file I get a zip file. How do I get the exectable jar file from that zip file?
    you don't... you rename it from .zip to WebOSDoctor.jar.
    Irish
    That explains a lot. Not sure how I missed that, but there are a lot of pages in this thread. Thanks!

Edit: Well, I renamed the zip file to WebOSDoctor.jar. I still get the same message about needing to install WebOSDoctor, then getting the same error message. Renaming the native zip file to a jar file still gives me a compressed zip file under file type, whether I rename it or not.

After selecting the Sprint option, the error message I get, and have been getting all along, is: java.io.FileNotFoundexception: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

I installed the newest Java. Just not sure what the problem is here, unless it's that I am trying this in a heavily secure environment (work).
    Last edited by davidra; 09/09/2009 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maricela View Post
    well i've tried to down load the webOs.jar and I can do it> gives me an error message could I get a little more help.
    If you want help, you are need to provide a lot more information. What is the error msg? can you provide a screen shot? what OS are you using? What browser are you using to download? have you installed java? are you saving both files into the same directory?

And most importantly, have you taken the time to go to the first post page and read the instructions and troubleshooting guide?

We are all happy to assist, but most of the problems that occur during installation attempts have been addressed multiple times, and Jason has added to his troubleshooting guide with each new issue.
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Per the recommendation in the P|C webOS 1.2 article, I have removed the Tweaks installed by webOS Quick Install. However, I still have an additional Launcher page that I added. Is this safe to leave as is? Why didn't it get removed when I removed that tweak?

Just want to be safe.

Thx!
    ME
    According to a previous post by Jason, you can leave your added pages. Just turn off the add/delete pages (and all the other) tweak(s) before updating to WebOs 1.2.
    Last edited by Irish; 09/09/2009 at 03:18 PM.
    Irish
    I am pretty computer jargon-naive but can follow directions well and am having difficulty with starting the homebrew app process. After clicking your link and saving the WebOs Quick install, I click on the program and it prompts me that i need the webosdoctor. I click OK and select sprint. A message pops up "java.10.FileNotFoundException:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar" I am using windows vista.

what gives?
    Last edited by rotag99; 09/09/2009 at 03:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    WebOS Quick Install v2.03

This program is intended for use with WebOS applications that are in-testing, which under section 4.2 of the Palm SDK License Agreement allows for such unapproved applications to be installed on Palm devices. Applications installed with WebOS Quick Install have not be tested by Palm and are installed at your own risk.

This program is freeware, but not opensource. Feel free to share it with other testing forums.

I can be contacted at support@canuck-software.ca
    If you contact me, or post in this thread to contact me, you must also include the following information:
    - Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely
    I will be ignore emails/posts that don't follow that format.

Donations are appreciated as I'm just one person developing this app during my spare time.

Enjoy! :-)

Here's my brief Setup Guide.

Please read my Troubleshooting Guide before posting in this thread.

Tweaks Guide

Requirements
    • WebOSDoctor recovery rom
      • As of v1.2, WebOSQuickInstall can download and setup WebOSDoctor's file for you.
      • Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS 1.03 factory settings
      • If you want to download it on your own, Sprint download here, Bell download here (use either if you're just using emulator) and copy that .jar file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar

• Java 1.6
      • For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.

• Novacom - As of v1.1, this now gets setup through WebOS Quick Install.
      • You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
      • If you have issues and you're on Windows, try following these instructions (even if you aren't on Windows 7).
      • For Linux, try downloading the Novacom file here.

• DevMode enabled
      • This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.

Lastly, when you plug in the device, if you want to use WebOS Quick Install, choose the "Just Charge" option on the device.

Running WebOS Quick Install
    • Simply double-click WebOSQuickInstall.jar and (as long as Java is installed properly) it will launch

Features
    • Stylish easy-to-use GUI.
    • Cross-platform support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux).
    • Supports postinst and prerm scripts.
    • Tweaks panel for OS customization on a deeper level.
    • Supports standard ipkg feeds.
    • No Linux knowledge required.
    • No rooting required (or whatever getting-access-to-root setup is now called).
    • Support for multiple ipk file transfers.
    • Support for adding files both via filechooser popup and by dragging and dropping files onto the transfer queue.
    • Works with both USB-connected WebOS devices and the WebOS emulator.
    • Ability to hide/make visible the DevMode application in the launcher.
    • Full device information section.
    • Management of user-installed applications. Lists all user-installed applications and gives the option to uninstall those applications.
    • Send and receive files to and from a WebOS device.
    • Support for custom .ipk installations.
    • Quick-access link to the PreCentral homebrew forums.
    • Handy usage panel that explains the earlier-mentioned requirements.

Screenshots

ChangeLog
    v2.03 - August 31, 09
    - Added "Change launcher opacity" mod
    - Added "Spoof iPhone user agent" mod
    - Updated email landscape mod for better compatibility
    - Changed dialpad vibration tweak to last 200ms each (was 250ms)
    - Fixed 4x4 icons mod for app names overlap
    - Updated messaging landscape mod with added avatar selection

v2.02 - August 29, 09
    - Added Bell WebOSDoctor support
    - Fixed "Download in Web Browser" mod
    - Changed the "5x4 Icon" mod to a "4x4 Icon" mod
    - Added 8 new system mods to the Tweaks panel

v2.01 - August 18, 09
    - Fixed postinst script support
    - Updated 5x4 launcher icons mod to properly format long app names
    - Fixed Send File feature

v2.0 - August 15, 09
    - Slightly altered some button graphics
    - Internal code completely reworked
    - Added standard ipkg feed support with a few (including PreCentral's) built in
    - Added a Tweaks panel with many useful mods
    - Added postinst and prerm script support
    - Device Management gives more detailed installed-applications information

v1.4 - August 1, 09
    - Fixed Send File
    - Fixed Receive File
    - Fixed Custom .ipk Install
    - Fixed DevMode unhide option
    - Added Delete File/Directory

v1.35 - July 30, 09
    - Add support for custom .ipk installations
    - Improved DevMode hide/unhide option to no longer require device reset

v1.3 - July 29, 09
    - Many Mac/Linux bugfixes
    - Minor internal code changes

v1.25 - July 29, 09
    - Fixed NullPointerException preventing program launch for some
    - Fixed downloading routine. Will no longer corrupt the downloaded file.
    - Added button in options to (re)install Novacom.
    - Added panic button in options that will launch WebOSDoctor.

v1.2 -July 28, 09
    - Linux/Mac issues are fixed.
    - Added ability to grab files off the WebOS device
    - Now downloads WebOSDoctor itself, for easier installation

v1.1 - July 26, 09
    - Now requires you to download Recovery ROM
    - Better Novacom driver handling
    - Added first-time setup
    - Retrieve file functionality

v1.0 - July 25, 09
    - Initial release

Special thanks to the beta testers who helped along the development road the past few weeks. Especially thanks to Dieter of PreCentral, Philip of PreThinking, Ken of WebOSHelp.net, Rod of WebOS-Internals, D94, and David Wales. This app wouldn't be what it is without you guys
    when I try to install I keep getting the following error message

java.io.FileNotFoundException:http//palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar

any help

thanks
    umm why is it that when i click that link up there for WebOSQuickInstall all i get is webos doctor??? and i dont see a file called WebOSQuickInstall.jar on my come were do i find that at ples help thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by rotag99 View Post
    I am pretty computer jargon-naive but can follow directions well and am having difficulty with starting the homebrew app process. After clicking your link and saving the WebOs Quick install, I click on the program and it prompts me that i need the webosdoctor. I click OK and select sprint. A message pops up "java.10.FileNotFoundException:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar"

what gives?
    naivety isn't the issue... it is legwork!

this issue has been covered multiple times in the last 10-15 pages of this thread. there is a problem with the Sprint link, so others (including the author) have posted alternate links. You will find many by using the search feature.

Here is one of those:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    Just download it directly from palm: webosdoctor. Then make sure it's named webosdoctor.jar and is in the same folder as webosquickinstall.jar. Then it won't try to download webosdoctor when you start webosquickinstall.
    Irish

same problem

Quote Originally Posted by rotag99 View Post
    I am pretty computer jargon-naive but can follow directions well and am having difficulty with starting the homebrew app process. After clicking your link and saving the WebOs Quick install, I click on the program and it prompts me that i need the webosdoctor. I click OK and select sprint. A message pops up "java.10.FileNotFoundException:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar" I am using windows vista.

what gives?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mll489@aol.com View Post

same problem
    the link given in the WebOsInstaller isn't working anymore. Gotta DL it elsewhere, i think the link has been posted a few times. Or u can just google it
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    once u download it, just follow the steps where u left off and place the file into the same folder as the WebOsInstaller and THEN run WebOsInstaller
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    In Reference to UnTweaking for the new WebOs 1.2. Will simply unchecking the tweaks take care of it?

I ask because i recentley made a mistake and i had 2 do a full erase and start over. After the full erase, my device rebooted and it STILL had the changelogo tweak on....do u guys think this will be a problem? or not, i mean afterall...it is just an image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mghtz View Post
    In Reference to UnTweaking for the new WebOs 1.2. Will simply unchecking the tweaks take care of it?

I ask because i recentley made a mistake and i had 2 do a full erase and start over. After the full erase, my device rebooted and it STILL had the changelogo tweak on....do u guys think this will be a problem? or not, i mean afterall...it is just an image.
    I believe that you are correct... worst case scenario is that the update rewrites your image with the stock Palm image... it's not like there is code tweaked, just replacing one image with another.

(if I am wrong, I am certain Jason or others will correct me! )
    Irish
    When i try and open the webOS quick install and states that i need web doctor and that it will download it for me.So then i click ok and when i click on sprint version it pops up a error?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Black3ggt88 View Post

It appears that you can find the offline version of webOS Doctor at http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar. Looks like the URL was changed recently.
    Try downloading from the above link. Make sure you put it in the same folder as the quick install jar file.
    Also when i try to install webOS quick install and have my phone connected it searches for novacom driver and it comes back with insert disk when i click not having the disk option and cant find anything else
    one more thing not sure what you mean or how to put both in the same folder??
    When you download the files, put them into the same folder. If you're using firefox, they'll probably go to the same download folder anyway.

So, what worked for me:

1) dl webos dr. from : http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar. DON'T RUN IT.

2) dl webos quickinstall from the bottom of the link on the first page, making sure to put that file in the same place where you dl'd the dr. file into.

3) plug in your pre (make sure dev mode is on) and run the quick install jar file.