Page 146 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4696136141142143144145146147148149150151156 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #2901  
    [QUOTE=Achill3s;1880167]Black, that doesn't correct. It sounds like you are in the Webdr home screen. If it says Webdr on the screen you are looking at, you're about to erase your Pre and put it back to out of the box condition. The file you want to use is called Webosquickinstall.jar Leave Webdoctor alone!!!

    I am really confused. I stopped the download of the Webdr, but how do I download the Webosquickinstall.jar? Do I still need to download the Webdr to use the WebOS? I found out what one of my problems were, I didn't have the JAVA program.
  2. #2902  
    [QUOTE=Black3ggt88;1880222]
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Black, that doesn't correct. It sounds like you are in the Webdr home screen. If it says Webdr on the screen you are looking at, you're about to erase your Pre and put it back to out of the box condition. The file you want to use is called Webosquickinstall.jar Leave Webdoctor alone!!!

    I am really confused. I stopped the download of the Webdr, but how do I download the Webosquickinstall.jar? Do I still need to download the Webdr to use the WebOS? I found out what one of my problems were, I didn't have the JAVA program.
    webosquickintal.ljar is at the bottom of post #1
  3. #2903  
    [QUOTE=apalemick;1880228]
    Quote Originally Posted by Black3ggt88 View Post

    webosquickintal.ljar is at the bottom of post #1
    Ok, tried that & this is what I get: WebOS Quick Install to run currently, it is required to dl WEBOSDR (approx 195 MB) DL now? I clicked yes, & I get & ERROR:Java.ioFileNotFoundException:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...00wwsprint.jar & I cant go any further. Now what??
  4. #2904  
    Im getting the same messages. I have tried reloading the program onto the computer, it still says its unable to find the file after clicking YES to WebOS Quick Install to run currently, it is required to dl WEBOSDR (approx 195 MB)
  5. #2905  
    Quote Originally Posted by tfdmedic View Post
    Im getting the same messages. I have tried reloading the program onto the computer, it still says its unable to find the file after clicking YES to WebOS Quick Install to run currently, it is required to dl WEBOSDR (approx 195 MB)
    So, like what are we doing wrong, I uninstalled it & reinstalled it....still a no go....why can't things be easy for me....grrrrr. ;(
  6. #2906  
    Jason,

    Regarding the 5x4 and 4x4 launcher icon configuration tweak...is it possible to develop features like the old PalmOS LauncherX app where you can select different numbers of columns for different pages (LX/PalmOS launcher categories)? There were also lots of other options, not the least of which included the ability to change the individual page background and text colors, font, etc.

    Just wondering if some or all of these features can be "tweaked" via webOS QI in future releases?

    Thx for a such a great utility!

    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  7. #2907  
    [QUOTE=Black3ggt88;1880257]
    Quote Originally Posted by apalemick View Post

    Ok, tried that & this is what I get: WebOS Quick Install to run currently, it is required to dl WEBOSDR (approx 195 MB) DL now? I clicked yes, & I get & ERROR:Java.ioFileNotFoundException:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...00wwsprint.jar & I cant go any further. Now what??
    Sounds like a firewall issue. Try to download Webdoctor from the top of post #1, page 1 (please do not use Chrome as your browser, use Firefox instead for this action). Once you download it, put it in the same folder with WebOS Quick Install. If you don't have a folder yet, create one on your desktop and put BOTH files in it. I'll even point you to the link for Webdoctor:

    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  8. s4mb4's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #2908  
    i got it to work by downloading the Canadian Bell jar file.
  9. #2909  
    Quote Originally Posted by tfdmedic View Post
    Im getting the same messages. I have tried reloading the program onto the computer, it still says its unable to find the file after clicking YES to WebOS Quick Install to run currently, it is required to dl WEBOSDR (approx 195 MB)
    [QUOTE=Achill3s;1880351]
    Quote Originally Posted by Black3ggt88 View Post

    Sounds like a firewall issue. Try to download Webdoctor from the top of post #1, page 1 (please do not use Chrome as your browser, use Firefox instead for this action). Once you download it, put it in the same folder with WebOS Quick Install. If you don't have a folder yet, create one on your desktop and put BOTH files in it. I'll even point you to the link for Webdoctor:

    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar
    Ok, I know have them downloaded & into a Pre file on my desktop, what do I do next with them??
    Ok, the WebOS Quick Install is on my laptop & looks like the pics I downloaded Filecoaster & Drag-n-Drop it onto the file, it first said not connected & now it's been trying to connect for like 6 minutes now? It says connecting to device....is this normal?
    Last edited by Black3ggt88; 09/09/2009 at 11:05 AM. Reason: More info.
  10. #2910  
    Close WebOS quick install and restart it but before you try sending files to your Pre, is your Pre connected to your PC and are you using the "just charge" option on your Pre? Is your Pre in developer mode?

    Quick Install needs to be able to see your device. For this part, please read through Page 1, post #1 from Jason. All the directions are located there.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  11. #2911  
    Ok, I am at the point of the upupdowndown thing, it came up with developer mode clicked on it & than it asked me if i wanted to reset the device....isnt just supposed to restart or am i still on the right track>
  12. #2912  
    [QUOTE=Achill3s;1880351]
    Quote Originally Posted by Black3ggt88 View Post

    Sounds like a firewall issue. Try to download Webdoctor from the top of post #1, page 1 (please do not use Chrome as your browser, use Firefox instead for this action). Once you download it, put it in the same folder with WebOS Quick Install. If you don't have a folder yet, create one on your desktop and put BOTH files in it. I'll even point you to the link for Webdoctor:

    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar
    I already have everything set up on my home computer; now I'm trying to install it at work. I also have had a problem with the same error message as above, and it likely is due to a firewall. When I click on the link you posted above, I get a window that gives me the option to save or open the file. If I select open, it just keeps running. If I select save, and save it to the folder with Quick Install, I get a zip file called webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.
    I have tried extracting the three folders inside that zip file, and I have tried leavin the zip file as is, but in both cases when I click on Quick Install, I get a message that I need to install OSDoctor, when it's sitting in a zip file right there.

    I also am not sure that Novacom exists on this computer, as it's not on the processes list. Since I downloaded the Dr. without it automatically being done through the quick install method, does that mean Novacom needs to also be installed separately?
  13. #2913  
    [QUOTE=Black3ggt88;1880257]
    Quote Originally Posted by apalemick View Post

    Ok, tried that & this is what I get: WebOS Quick Install to run currently, it is required to dl WEBOSDR (approx 195 MB) DL now? I clicked yes, & I get & ERROR:Java.ioFileNotFoundException:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...00wwsprint.jar & I cant go any further. Now what??
    I had the same problem. I Googled webOS Doctor and found the app on the Palm website at https://ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/app. The only downside to this method is that you need the Serial Number of your phone for it to work. You can find your phone's serial number under the battery on the back of your phone.

    EDIT:
    Disregard my former comment. It appears that you can find the offline version of webOS Doctor at http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar. Looks like the URL was changed recently.
    Last edited by Zbecker; 09/09/2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Need to check my work before I post.
  14. tsmeltzer's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #2914  
    Quote Originally Posted by Black3ggt88 View Post
    Ok, I am at the point of the upupdowndown thing, it came up with developer mode clicked on it & than it asked me if i wanted to reset the device....isnt just supposed to restart or am i still on the right track>

    Yes, you need to reset the device (leave DevMode turned on). Then, run QuickInstall and connect your Pre. Select "Just Charge" and Bob should be your Uncle.
  15. #2915  
    I am running v2.03. I just re-downloaded it and the same thing happens when trying to use the Sprint webOS Doctor download. I did notice that I can download the Bell Mobility version of webOS doctor and then webOS Quick Install opens just fine. Will using the Bell Mobility version of webOS doctor make a difference or are they the same thing???

    Thanks
  16. #2916  
    I would assume that they're the same, but I am not 100% sure. Hopefully someone else has more accurate information.
  17. #2917  
    [QUOTE=davidra;1880454]
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post

    I already have everything set up on my home computer; now I'm trying to install it at work. I also have had a problem with the same error message as above, and it likely is due to a firewall. When I click on the link you posted above, I get a window that gives me the option to save or open the file. If I select open, it just keeps running. If I select save, and save it to the folder with Quick Install, I get a zip file called webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.
    I have tried extracting the three folders inside that zip file, and I have tried leavin the zip file as is, but in both cases when I click on Quick Install, I get a message that I need to install OSDoctor, when it's sitting in a zip file right there.

    I also am not sure that Novacom exists on this computer, as it's not on the processes list. Since I downloaded the Dr. without it automatically being done through the quick install method, does that mean Novacom needs to also be installed separately?
    I have now installed Novacom. I re-downloaded Quick Install, downloaded the link above. I still cannot seem to get just the Doctor jar file in the folder. I have two folders along with the quickinstall jar file:
    One folder is a zipped folder; when I extracted that folder, I get a file folder that is called webosdoctorp100ewwsprint. When I click to start the quick install I get the same message about needing to download WebOSDoctor. I click yes, click Sprint, and get the same message above, so it's not the absence of Novacom. Why can't I find the WebOSDoctor jar file, either in the zip file or in the folders after it's been extracted? I assume that file needs to be in the folder with Quick Install, but I can't find the jar file in all the stuff that is in the folders. Where is the executable jar file?
    Last edited by davidra; 09/09/2009 at 01:14 PM.
  18. #2918  
    Thank you! Dontation comming =)

    I'm trying to upgrade from2.01 to the latest which has Bell webOSDoctor (what's the diff?)

    So I downloaded it and put it in the same folder as QuickInstall, but of course, I still get the WebOSDoctor missing message because it's name is webosdoctorp100ewwbellmo if I change the name it will run, but won't connect to my phone.

    If I have the old WebOSDoc and the bellmo one, it runs... but is it using the Bell version? how does it work?

    THanks!
  19. #2919  
    Tried the first new tweak: Silence phone pad.

    This causes an empty green card to appear when I try to open the phone app
  20. #2920  
    Well, I tried the troubleshooting tip of downloading Soylatte, but still have the same problem.

    Open quickinstall, shows up in my dock briefly, then closes.

Posting Permissions