Page 145 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4595135140141142143144145146147148149150155 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Jhoff has a point in the previous page. Apal, how big is the WebDr file that you have? It should be approx 195MB. What is yours?
    4 kb.

But I think I'm screwed with the 32 bit intel Mac?
    Quote Originally Posted by apalemick View Post
    4 kb.

But I think I'm screwed with the 32 bit intel Mac?
    No, you just don't have the right file downloaded. Go to the first post in this thread and download the .jar file from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    No, you just don't have the right file downloaded. Go to the first post in this thread and download the .jar file from there.
    Ok. I downloaded it from a link to Palm on page 141. Obviously, that was the wrong download.

Doing now, thanks.
    Downloaded the 195 mb version. Changed the name.

Same problem. Opens in the dock, then disappears seconds later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkelaz View Post
    THat happen to me turn your phone completly off and back on and it should be fine
    Thanks...I think disconnecting completely (USB cable) from WOQI and restarting has fixed it.

Had a few tense moments there!!

sent from my Palm Pre
    Going to bed. Try again tomorrow.

Thanks for the help. Sorry I'm an *****
    I have tried numerous times and I cannot get the program to load. I get to the Web Doctor page and I have selected it, not selected it, selected sprint, not selected either and neither of my selection gets the program to load.
    [QUOTE=Jason Robitaille;1778909]WebOS Quick Install v2.03

im having a problem installing this program can u help me...i have windows xp i have java..when i tryed to dl the program it came up with a error message of webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar ..how can i fix this problem i tryed everything
    [QUOTE=PreCee;1879838]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    WebOS Quick Install v2.03

im having a problem installing this program can u help me...i have windows xp i have java..when i tryed to dl the program it came up with a error message of webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar ..how can i fix this problem i tryed everything
    Try dwnloading with the latest firefox and keep quick install in same folder as the doctor...but DON't RUN the doctor...it shouldn't give you an error now...try
    Per the recommendation in the P|C webOS 1.2 article, I have removed the Tweaks installed by webOS Quick Install. However, I still have an additional Launcher page that I added. Is this safe to leave as is? Why didn't it get removed when I removed that tweak?

Just want to be safe.

Thx!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    java.io.filenotfoundexception?? what's that??? this happend when trying to install webos quick install
    I'm getting that too
    Ok,I am further than I've ever been with this process of downloading the WebOS, now my screen tells me to "Connect your phone directly to the computer using the USB cord. Do not remove the bat or disconnect your phone during this process." Ok, I have plugged the phone straight up to my laptop & I am also running XP, & i still can't click the next button on the screen, it stays dark, the only button I can click is the HELP button, but they don't have an explanation to my problem. Any suggestions??
    Okay, I'm trying to set this up. Have Quicklaunch and Webosdoctor in the same file. When I attempt to open quicklaunch, it appears in my dock for a second, then closes and disappears.

(Mac)
    Thanks Achill3s! Got it to work!! Had the connection errors when trying to install FileCoaster but now it finally works...thanks!
    I am having the same "issues" running the WebOS software. I think its because I am on an "older" non-intel mac that is 32bit!! Does anyone have a workaround for getting the WebOS software to work on such a machine? Or am I "out of luck" until Palm decides to incorporate it into the OS on the phone. I love my palm pre, but I wanna run homebrew apps too!! Please HELP :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Black3ggt88 View Post
    Ok,I am further than I've ever been with this process of downloading the WebOS, now my screen tells me to "Connect your phone directly to the computer using the USB cord. Do not remove the bat or disconnect your phone during this process." Ok, I have plugged the phone straight up to my laptop & I am also running XP, & i still can't click the next button on the screen, it stays dark, the only button I can click is the HELP button, but they don't have an explanation to my problem. Any suggestions??
    Black, that doesn't correct. It sounds like you are in the Webdr home screen. If it says Webdr on the screen you are looking at, you're about to erase your Pre and put it back to out of the box condition. The file you want to use is called Webosquickinstall.jar Leave Webdoctor alone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by apalemick View Post
    Okay, I'm trying to set this up. Have Quicklaunch and Webosdoctor in the same file. When I attempt to open quicklaunch, it appears in my dock for a second, then closes and disappears.(Mac)
    Apal, I think quicklaunch is a homebrew application? Please call it Quick Install to avoid confusion. Do you have a mac? If you do, please refer to to the troubleshooting guide on page 1:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1812484
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    i have windows me,downloaded everything....cant get java to open-version 5.0 update 21....any one have windows me?
    What version of Quick Install are you running? I'm running v2.03 on Snow Leopard with no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post

Apal, I think quicklaunch is a homebrew application? Please call it Quick Install to avoid confusion. Do you have a mac? If you do, please refer to to the troubleshooting guide on page 1:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1812484
    Sorry, it's called quickinstall. Just woke up.

I also have a 32 bit mac, so I can't run Java 1.6. Maybe this is the problem?