Page 143 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4393133138139140141142143144145146147148153 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    weird, the only thing I think appears to work? is installing the stylish analog clock theme? then all the other mods appear to work when doing the tweak selection from webos quick install 'tweaks'
    oh yeah, before I forget and I'm really bad about posting in the right forums, I think that my solution to the whole 'no device detected' error is pushing your cord stronger into your pre.... I could be wrong, but humor me ;-)

I love it when sh!t comes together :=)
    ok, weird.. It installs correctly every time even when I uncheck everything. I know the things i did differently. I know I did the add/delete launcher page selection (each selection was done one at a time!) I moved icons to a new page I created in that option and then moved them back and deleted that page then unselected that option. I also did the 'stylish analog clock theme' something in that combo triggered everything to work properly in the 'TWEAK' section. Hope I'm onto something and I hope it works for you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    If it's ".download", rename it manually to ".jar"
    Doesn't work for me. Everytime I try to rename it manually, it resets to webosdoctor.jar.app

When I attempt to open Quick Install, it asks if I want to download webosdoctor.
    Last edited by apalemick; 09/09/2009 at 12:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by akzand View Post
    sorry thats version 1.6.0_16
    still no luck installing, just a loud noise
    I tried what u said and still no luck...what else is there to do
    Quote Originally Posted by apalemick View Post
    Doesn't work for me. Everytime I try to rename it manually, it resets to webosdoctor.jar.app

When I attempt to open Quick Install, it asks if I want to download webosdoctor.
    Well first off, you're not supposed to rename Webdoctor (leave that one alone and don't touch it). Rename the WebOSquickinstall file. If you're having problems with it, use Firefox and you will not have to rename anything. Also, please use the webosquickinstall link on post#1, page 1. It's near the very end of post#1 (not at the top with all the rest of the links of that page. It should be the only link at/or near the end of the post).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Well first off, you're not supposed to rename Webdoctor (leave that one alone and don't touch it). Rename the WebOSquickinstall file. If you're having problems with it, use Firefox and you will not have to rename anything. Also, please use the webosquickinstall link on post#1, page 1. It's near the very end of post#1 (not at the top with all the rest of the links of that page. It should be the only link at/or near the end of the post).
    Ugh.

Okay, I'll have another go at it. I use Firefox and used the link on page one. Quick install was downloaded as a .jar, but it still asked if I wanted to download webdoctor

I should ad that on the last page, Tubal said this

Just download it directly from palm: webosdoctor. Then make sure it's named webosdoctor.jar and is in the same folder as webosquickinstall.jar. Then it won't try to download webosdoctor when you start webosquickinstall.
    That's where the confusion came from.
    Last edited by apalemick; 09/09/2009 at 12:45 AM.
    Ugh.

Okay, I'll have another go at it. I use Firefox and used the link on page one. Quick install was downloaded as a .jar, but it still asked if I wanted to download webdoctor
    Yes, you do need to download webdr. You need both files and you will also need to place them in the same folder (create one on your desktop and place them both in there). NOW, once you've downloaded both files and placed them both in the same folder, LEAVE Webdr alone. Don't touch Webdr anymore or you will erase your Pre back to out of the box condition.

WebOS Quick install is the only file you'll be using.

So recap:

1) Download WebOS Quickinstall from :

http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...ickinstall.jar

2) Now, if you don't already have Webdr downloaded, the quickinstall will prompt you because you do need WebDr. If it prompts you to download webdr but you already have it, you need to place WebOsquickinstall AND webdr in the same folder. Once they are in the same folder, WebOS Quick Install will NOT prompt you again to download WEbdr.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 09/09/2009 at 12:51 AM.
    do we have to remove the the virtual keyboard, preware and the packae manger service? if so how do I do that?
    thanks
    Jason, are you working on launcher in lanscape?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I may actually add that one to the upcoming version, got a link to its .patch file?[/QUOTE]

The link to the Default to Month View in the calendar is here:

calendar/default-to-month-view.patch - modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious

That would be great to be in the next update. Thanks!
    Well, I wish that had worked. Both files are in the same folder and it's still asking me to download webdoctor.

Webdoctor is in the file. I tried it twice.
    I used WOSQI to install the onscreen keyboard. Now I am trying to remove all the patches I've added to prepare for 1.2 and everything went back to normal, except the onscreen keyboard still functions normally, even though it has been uninstalled. Any ideas? Or is this better on the keyboard thread?
    MAN come on done evrything u asked and its not workin
  16.    #2856  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    I used WOSQI to install the onscreen keyboard. Now I am trying to remove all the patches I've added to prepare for 1.2 and everything went back to normal, except the onscreen keyboard still functions normally, even though it has been uninstalled. Any ideas? Or is this better on the keyboard thread?
    I'd recommend checking out the Virtual Keyboard thread.

You could try uninstalling it from WebOS Quick Install's Device Management section, though beyond that's it's more of a Virtual Keyboard thread issue
    Well, I wish that had worked. Both files are in the same folder and it's still asking me to download webdoctor.

Webdoctor is in the file. I tried it twice.
    either take a screen shot of your desktop or where ever they are located showing both files and post the image here or give me the exact spelling of the two files including the extension.
    Jason, 3000th post is soon approaching. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    either take a screen shot of your desktop or where ever they are located showing both files and post the image here or give me the exact spelling of the two files including the extension.
    webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jnlp

WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Hello,

first of all, this forum is great (I switched from other BlackBerry forums here because, well I now have a Pre and it rocks).

I am trying to install the WebOSQuickInstall.jar that is posted in this thread and continue to have severe problems. I have read all the posts and searched the web, reinstalled Java, etc. but keep getting the following error message when double clicking on the WebOSQuickInstall.jar after downloading it:

---
    Java Virtual Machine Launcher

Could not find the main class:
    C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    Program will exit.

---

Again, I have reinstalled Java and even manually associated the .jar files with the Java executable, nothing works.

Please help and thank you very much!