Page 142 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4292132137138139140141142143144145146147152 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    HELP MEEEEEEEEEEe
    Error 4.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just for specifics, go StartMenu->Run..->"cmd.exe"
    Then type "java -version" and tell me what it says
    Thank you for getting back to me , it says:

java version "1.0g.0_16"
    Java <TM> SE Runtime Environment <build 1.6.0_16-b01>
    Java HotSpot <TM> Client VM <build 14.2-b01, mixed mode, sharing>
    sorry thats version 1.6.0_16
    help me
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prethorpe24 View Post
    i did i still can't get it to work, i try to open it and all i get is winrar
    If all you are getting is WinRAR, then you don't have the latest Java install, or you do not have .jar files set to open with Java. Make sure that is set and then all will work fine for you.
    m
    I can't get WebOSQickinstall to open, once downloaded it closes. I did down load webOSDoctor but don't understand what to do with it.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Cant download WebOS Quick Install > Sprint ?!!!!

Error: java.io.filenotfoundexception: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan177 View Post
    I can't get WebOSQickinstall to open, once downloaded it closes. I did down load webOSDoctor but don't understand what to do with it.
    When you go to the folder that it saved in, what is the file extension?

Sometimes different browsers save them as *.download files (chrome does).

It needs to say "WebOSQuickInstall.jar".

Then, if you have the current version of java installed on your computer, it should open up when you double click on it. When it opens, it looks in that same folder for a file called "webOSDoctor.jar". If that file isn't there, it downloads it for you (just in case you want to use it later on. Hopefully you don't.). If that file is there, then it should open up and let you start using it.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsls View Post
    Cant download WebOS Quick Install > Sprint ?!!!!

Error: java.io.filenotfoundexception: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar
    Just download it directly from palm: webosdoctor. Then make sure it's named webosdoctor.jar and is in the same folder as webosquickinstall.jar. Then it won't try to download webosdoctor when you start webosquickinstall.
    got web os doctor and updated java
    and it still opens winrar, and it's in the same place as web os doctor, what am i misssint
    So I removed all my tweaks in preperation of the update. I removed the add/delete launcher tweak and I left my Pre with the additional pages still on there. I didn't realize it would actually leave them there.

Is it best to remove the additional pages and restore it back to the original three or is it safe to update with the additional pages still there but with the tweak off?

Thanks
    There is no spoon
    how do i set it so that .jar files will open with java, cuz i can't figure it out, i use chrome and it's labled as a dowload file not executable like webosdoc. idk i'm confused
  15.    #2835  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkelaz View Post
    HELP MEEEEEEEEEEe
    Spamming "help me" won't help get your answers solved and would risk moderator action against you. So please be civil.

I've already given you tips on what to do? Have you tried that?

how do i set it so that .jar files will open with java, cuz i can't figure it out, i use chrome and it's labled as a dowload file not executable like webosdoc. idk i'm confused
    If it's ".download", rename it manually to ".jar"

Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    Is it best to remove the additional pages and restore it back to the original three or is it safe to update with the additional pages still there but with the tweak off?
    Should be fine leaving the additional pages there
    got web os doctor and updated java
    and it still opens winrar, and it's in the same place as web os doctor, what am i misssint
    Thorpe, can you take a screenshot of ur desktop or where ever it is you have the two files located (make sure both files are visible) and post it here. Thanks.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    k i will just have to find out how to take a screenshot one sec, oh and thanks btw
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    A bit off topic, sorry guys.....but anybody have any info on this particular error? In reference to there may being a limit of apps you can DL? (i suspect)

Quote Originally Posted by Mghtz View Post
    Well not quite sure how 2 take a screen shot of the error cuz it's not on the computer, the error comes up on the phone......as i DLed via Filecoaster.

But specifically, the error (in the same Download status box) says "Install Failed: Not enough Install...."

not sure what it says after that cuz the screen ends, hence, cuts off the rest of the message.
    whats up with the repository list (third button on the right), it will not work for me, it did on the last to quick installs i had but this new one it will not work any suggestions
    ok, I've found that adding certain system mods or style mods in the tweaks section of webos quick install causes other installs to work properly. I just installed add stylish analog clock theme and then suddenly the battery % in top header along with the icon worked! Before that I installed add/delete launcher pages, added a page then moved icons, installed message forwarding and it works, then moved the icons back and deleted the extra page and removed that option. emailing working in landscape and messaging working in landscape worked after that. weird! Talk about trial and error. Keep in mind, I tried one thing at a time. Must be some 'extra' codebyte that triggers proper functioning of some of this stuff