Page 141 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4191131136137138139140141142143144145146151 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    wen i click the execute file it keeps telling me that i need the zip file but i hav it already n they r both in the same folder
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Lets try this one more time.

I dont have a mac and was not asking about novacom.

My question was on post # 2690

Heres my question:

Jason,

I have a thread in another section about the removal of tweaks with QuickInstall pertaining to 1.2, I apologize if this has been discussed here already There are simply too many posts to go through.

If palm 1.2 update adds lines of code and you didnt remove a tweak will you still be able to remove the Tweak after 1.2.

Does your system remove by removing a specific code or does it remove by line?

Please explain how your system works.

BTW great program!
    Sorry but your links keep taking me a to a different question. It's been stated by Jason that it's advisable to remove ALL tweaks prior to the next Palm update. They are too easy to remove and reapply. Also, I'd rather take a few minutes to remove all my tweaks than risk bricking my Pre.

As far the how the code is implemented, Jason would have to answer that.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    My new patcher will allow for MUCH easier updating of patches (on a development level). So once 1.2 comes out, I'll be able to update the Tweaks very easy, any release updates the same day, easily

Plus, I'll be including support for .patch files, meaning if you're impatient, with my next version, you can load up a custom .patch file made for 1.2. I plan for much deeper .patch integration in future versions
    Jason, it's great to see you doing this. I just couldn't imagine how you kept up with the load using the method you were using previously ;-)

Interoperability with patches in the webos-internals modifications git repository is a great step forward for WOSQI. Once again, having a standard, open interchange format benefits everyone.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Yea something that was suppose to take me ten minutes,is now taking me a hour and i am now where.First off the webos does not run for me after i double click it.
    maybe i'm retarded but i try to open the .jar and i get winrar thats all nothing more, i don't understand, little help plz
    Is anyone else having trouble running webOS Quick Install with Snow Leopard installed. I had it running with 10.5, but since updating to 10.6 it will not run. It gives me an error when downloading webOS Doctor, then says it is installed, and then asks me to restart webOS quick install. When I relaucnch it, the same thing happens. I have the correct Java installed so I am not sure what to do. I don't think it matters if the 64 or 32 bit version is listed first (I tried all possible combinations but none of them worked).

Thanks
    Dear Jason,

I am running XP Pro (32 bit) and trying to install quicklaunch. I have the latest Java and my computer recognizes the jar file. I put the file in the same folder as the webdoctor jar but every time I open quicklaunch my computer just makes a noise and nothing happens. Webdoctor runs but I cancel out of it because I do not want to erase my phone. I have read the first 45 pages of posts and your trouble shooting guide. I know you get tons of these and I am sure my problem can't be that interesting. If you have the time I would greatly appreciate any help and thank you for providing such an amazing service/gift to the rest of us out there.
    -Tony
    how do i root into my pre to do this stuff...i cant figure it out...
    can you help me?
    I GET ERROR 4....somethin wrong with ipk file when i drop it into the WEBOS uploader
    Quote Originally Posted by akzand View Post
    Dear Jason,

I am running XP Pro (32 bit) and trying to install quicklaunch. I have the latest Java and my computer recognizes the jar file. I put the file in the same folder as the webdoctor jar but every time I open quicklaunch my computer just makes a noise and nothing happens. Webdoctor runs but I cancel out of it because I do not want to erase my phone. I have read the first 45 pages of posts and your trouble shooting guide. I know you get tons of these and I am sure my problem can't be that interesting. If you have the time I would greatly appreciate any help and thank you for providing such an amazing service/gift to the rest of us out there.
    -Tony
    Do you mean Quick Install or is quick launch something else you're trying to do?? If you meant WebOS quickinstall, where did you download it from? Try to download it again from this thread, page 1, post #1 at the very bottom near the end of the post.
    Thank you for the response! I downloaded it from post # 1 and it is the Quick Install jar.
    can someone help plz, i have no idea on how to install this so i can use it
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    The tweaks look great. I removed most of my patches with quilt, all except for the Calendar Default to Month View. If you could add that in the WebOSQuickInstaller tweaks, that'd be great. Then all the patches that I had applied will be through the QuickInstaller. Great app. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prethorpe24 View Post
    can someone help plz, i have no idea on how to install this so i can use it
    I'd start on page 1, post #1 of this thread. All the information along with a setup guide, tweaks guide and a troubleshooting guide is located in that one post from Jason himself. Give it a shot!
    i did i still can't get it to work, i try to open it and all i get is winrar
    Make sure that you have the latest java update. Download WebOS Quickinstall from post #1 of this thread, near the end of the post. Make sure that it is in the same folder with Webdr but DO NOT open Webdr! Leave webdr alone.
  17.    #2817  
    Quote Originally Posted by gwalker11678 View Post
    how do i root into my pre to do this stuff...i cant figure it out...
    can you help me?
    This is not a rooting thread. For rooting, try searching the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Rkelaz View Post
    I GET ERROR 4....somethin wrong with ipk file when i drop it into the WEBOS uploader
    That means WebOS Quick Install is unable to send the ipk to your Pre, doublecheck DevMode is enable, and your device is connected with "just charge" selected.

As Achill3s mentioned, you may want to do a fresh install of Java

Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    The tweaks look great. I removed most of my patches with quilt, all except for the Calendar Default to Month View. If you could add that in the WebOSQuickInstaller tweaks, that'd be great. Then all the patches that I had applied will be through the QuickInstaller. Great app. Thanks.
    I may actually add that one to the upcoming version, got a link to its .patch file?
    Dear Jason,

-Tony
    I have the latest java, still no luck
    none of the messaging tweaks work
    i get teh white screen of death, or the messaging app wont load

however reinstall the 4 files fixes it (tried again to add the tweaks still wont work)
    how are you people getting the messaging tweeks to work?
  20.    #2820  
    I have the latest java, still no luck
    Just for specifics, go StartMenu->Run..->"cmd.exe"
    Then type "java -version" and tell me what it says