Page 140 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4090130135136137138139140141142143144145150 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Well not quite sure how 2 take a screen shot of the error cuz it's not on the computer, the error comes up on the phone......as i DLed via Filecoaster.

But specifically, the error (in the same Download status box) says "Install Failed: Not enough Install...."

not sure what it says after that cuz the screen ends, hence, cuts off the rest of the message.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Nevermind guys I finally got it. Thanks anyway and thanks to all the Homebrew developers. We do appreciate it.
    ok, im new to pre so excuse me if im a dummie, but I downloaded the WebOS quick installer and when I click on it I get a msg about WebOS doctor..tried to install that but get an error box.. I just want to get the different homebrew apps, so if there is an easy way without someone trying to insult my intelligence please help..
    I got an error when i try to start the install. java.io.filenotfoundexception: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

Any ides?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    I am also unable to download webosdoctor from from sprint during installation. Is my Vista 64 a problem? It worked ok a few weeks ago on my Vista 32 machine. Help! And if I do DL it from Sprint, what do I do with it? Couldn't find an executable, or a way to associate it.
    I know this is a long thread, but have you maybe considered checking a page back? Seriously, the past 19 pages is all people having the same problem, and all people being told that the link has changed and to download webOS Doctor manually.

Edit: I was being generous with my guess of 5-10 pages... we've been discussing the same problem repeatedly for 19 pages now.
    I can't get this to download...help please. When I try to install it installs the WebOS Quick Install but the next screen asks me to run the dr thing and I click yes then it asks me something about Sprint, Bell or emulator, I have clicked yes to Sprint and emulator and it still gives me an error message.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have verified that i have the most current version of Java. This is my first time trying to do this. I am working on Vista. I would appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I can't even get the WebOS to run...I downloaded the webDR seperately and it reset my phone, which i didn't mind because it is a fairly new phone. however, it took forever. sorry, i really can't help you out much...what application did you use to run the WEBOS after you downloaded it?
    I have a mac and I can't get the webosdoctor to download. I click on webosinstall.jar and it prompts me to download the webosdoctor. I click yes and select sprint, and after that nothing happens. any help?
  11.    #2791  
    Hi guys,

Sorry about my lack of posting in the thread the past few days, I've been tied up with university preparations as well as the upcoming version of WebOS Quick Install.

Posting support requests in this thread takes up more time than you'd think. And for that I'd to thank everyone who's stepped up while I've been off in coding land, particularly Achill3s, maxima2k53, Trekker, Irish and jhoff80. Helping answering the questions shows me not only how awesome a community PreCentral is, but also gives me more time to concentrate on developing
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrobins View Post
    I can't even get the WebOS to run...I downloaded the webDR seperately and it reset my phone, which i didn't mind because it is a fairly new phone. however, it took forever. sorry, i really can't help you out much...what application did you use to run the WEBOS after you downloaded it?
    On the first post in large red letters it states very clearly to download but not run the Dr.!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    WebOS Quick Install v2.03

• WebOSDoctor recovery rom
      • As of v1.2, WebOSQuickInstall can download and setup WebOSDoctor's file for you.
      • Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS 1.03 factory settings
      • If you want to download it on your own, Sprint download here, Bell download here (use either if you're just using emulator) and copy that .jar file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar

You were fortunate that you lost so little.

For everyone else, this is another reminder, DO NOT RUN the WebOSDoctor unless you want to set your phone back to out-of-the-box new condition! Just make sure the program is in the same directory as the WebOSQuickInstall program.

Another tip I have posted previously that still is sound advice is to create a shortcut for WebOS Quick Install, and add it to your Start menu or Quick Launch menu. When you want to run the program, start from that shortcut. This will ensure you don't accidentally click on the wrong jar file.
    Irish
  13.    #2793  
    Quote Originally Posted by tdjohnson View Post
    I can't get this to download...help please. When I try to install it installs the WebOS Quick Install but the next screen asks me to run the dr thing and I click yes then it asks me something about Sprint, Bell or emulator, I have clicked yes to Sprint and emulator and it still gives me an error message.
    Download WebOSDoctor.jar manually from the link on post #1

Quote Originally Posted by ctrobins View Post
    First off, you aren't supposed to run the WebOSDoctor.jar file (as stated in bold red letters on post#1), which is why your phone whiped. WebOSQuickInstall.jar should run when double-clicked. If that doesn't work, check out the Troubleshooting Guide (post#1) or reinstall Java.

Quote Originally Posted by willjohn View Post
    I have a mac and I can't get the webosdoctor to download. I click on webosinstall.jar and it prompts me to download the webosdoctor. I click yes and select sprint, and after that nothing happens. any help?
    Could be a number of things. Make sure you have Java SE 6 set as default (see post #1). Also, currently you'll need to manually download WebOSDoctor.jar and put it in the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar

------------------------------------------

Also, if there are any Windows/Mac/Linux developers reading this, and would like to help freely contribute to WebOSQuickInstall, please contact me via PM, or the email in post #1.

The only prerequisite knowledge you need is how to register a default file extension and how to forward launcher parameters into a an application you programmically launch.
    Your work is awesome!!!
    Does the "Show DevMode App in launcher" option in QI count as a "tweak" that should be removed before the 1.2 upgrade?
  16.    #2796  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    Does the "Show DevMode App in launcher" option in QI count as a "tweak" that should be removed before the 1.2 upgrade?
    Yes, but in reality it's so minor a tweak that if you don't undo it, I doubt there's be any issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry about my lack of posting in the thread the past few days, I've been tied up with university preparations as well as the upcoming version of WebOS Quick Install.
    Jason, with the imminent release of WebOS 1.2 (it's already listed on Sprint's website with a release date of today - 09/08/09) - will this affect your new release of WebOS Quick Install in any way?
  18.    #2798  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Jason, with the imminent release of WebOS 1.2 (it's already listed on Sprint's website with a release date of today - 09/08/09) - will this affect your new release of WebOS Quick Install in any way?
    My new patcher will allow for MUCH easier updating of patches (on a development level). So once 1.2 comes out, I'll be able to update the Tweaks very easy, any release updates the same day, easily

Plus, I'll be including support for .patch files, meaning if you're impatient, with my next version, you can load up a custom .patch file made for 1.2. I plan for much deeper .patch integration in future versions
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Ahh, for some reason when I clicked on the first link, it took me to a different question (that's why I answered with the Novacom answer and it actually helped someone else, lol).

For you, I've got no help on that topic. Mac is something I'm not familiar with nor have I ever really used one. Maybe one of the Mac guys can help but I'm a Windows person myself. Sorry I couldn't help on that one.

The only thing that I can think of is that they both need to be in the same folder but I'm sure you've probably already covered that. And technically, they both don't require the same programs to work. Webdr can be started w/o WebOS Quick Install however, the same cannot be said about Quick Install (it does need WebDr in the same folder).

Also, did you try the SoyLatte that Jason had advised in his response for Java issues with Mac?
    Lets try this one more time.

I dont have a mac and was not asking about novacom.

My question was on post # 2690

Heres my question:

Jason,

I have a thread in another section about the removal of tweaks with QuickInstall pertaining to 1.2, I apologize if this has been discussed here already There are simply too many posts to go through.

If palm 1.2 update adds lines of code and you didnt remove a tweak will you still be able to remove the Tweak after 1.2.

Does your system remove by removing a specific code or does it remove by line?

Please explain how your system works.

BTW great program!
    When i try to add apps to the list on WEBOS it says system cannot find path specified.....what do i do Help me JASON or SOMEONE...........................

IT ALSO SAYS ERROR 4
    Last edited by Rkelaz; 09/08/2009 at 09:05 PM.