Page 14 of 184 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kindaskimpy View Post
    I'm having the exact same issue. On Mac OS X 10.5.7, webOS doctor downloaded just fine... it's side by side with the QuickInstall app, Java 6 is set as default so everything seems all right. QuickInstall launches when double clicked, asks me to choose USB or Emulator and either one I choose causes the app to close immediately.
    i guess we are all having the same problem hopefully Jason can help us out.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mwasher View Post
    having same problems as Shcherbatskaya.

windows 7 / 64bit
    novacom connects to the pre just fine
    everything else is installed properly
    run the program and I have no access to Device Management from the Tools menu, and when I click the "Install!" button nothing happens even if I have .ipk's loaded in the box.
    nova doesnt do nuthin when i connect!
    MAN! I am dying to get some of the homebrew apps, I tried this on a XP machine, a W&, I can't get no love!! In XP it don't do nothing, cept ask me USB or emulator...

W7 will open the app but not find the device...

ARGH!!
  4.    #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by cresny View Post
    Like others above I'm not getting past WebOSDoctor download dialog. Stack trace shows a NPE:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ca.canucksoftware.WebOSQuickInstallApp.theDoctorIsIn(WebOSQuickInstallApp.java:74)
    at ca.canucksoftware.WebOSQuickInstallApp.startup(WebOSQuickInstallApp.java:30)
    Thank you so much. This will help me solve that bug that everyone is describing
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 07/29/2009 at 01:32 PM.
  5.    #265  
    windows 7 / 64bit
    run the program and I have no access to Device Management from the Tools menu, and when I click the "Install!" button nothing happens even if I have .ipk's loaded in the box.
    Have you followed everything listed on the FAQs post (page 6, post #113)?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Yeah I'm having the same issues as others, I've done everything and triple checked everything. When I open the program I have to choose either usb or emulator, when I select usb nothing happens. The program closes. I'm just happy to know I'm not the only one since I just spent over an hour troubleshooting to no avail.
    ok, last time i got no answer so hopefully someone can help me on this one.

windows vista 32 bit.

I downloaded everything. And by the looks, I have it all.
    Now, when I click on the webOS Quick Install, it says "first time install", and it gives me the option to choose between usb mode, or emulator.

i tried picking one, or the other by now, but after i choose and click ok, the screen leaves and nothing happens.

what could be wrong?
    AMAZING!!! I can't believe how easy you made it for us idiots who don't understand linux commands/rooting. The donation was worth it, and keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloTwo View Post
    Yeah I'm having the same issues as others, I've done everything and triple checked everything. When I open the program I have to choose either usb or emulator, when I select usb nothing happens. The program closes. I'm just happy to know I'm not the only one since I just spent over an hour troubleshooting to no avail.
    i see that you are on the same spot that I am...
    how did you make sure you have novacom?
    or how did you download it? I think I have it, since it downloads with all these things, but I need to verify...any help on this?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kindaskimpy View Post
    I'm having the exact same issue. On Mac OS X 10.5.7, webOS doctor downloaded just fine... it's side by side with the QuickInstall app, Java 6 is set as default so everything seems all right. QuickInstall launches when double clicked, asks me to choose USB or Emulator and either one I choose causes the app to close immediately.
    I have the exact same problem. Please help i also have Mac OS X 10.5.7
  11.    #271  
    Hi all,

Sorry about the frustration those bugs may have cause. Good news is I've got v1.25 out!

v1.25 - July 29, 09
    - Fixed NullPointerException preventing program launch for some
    - Fixed downloading routine. Will no longer corrupt the downloaded file.
    - Added button in options to (re)install Novacom.
    - Added panic button in options that will launch WebOSDoctor.

FYI, the bug that caused "Install" and "Device Management" to fail was caused by my downloading code inadvertently corrupting the downloaded file. Should be fixed with v1.25

Similarly, that bug preventing the app from loading and keeping you stuck in "first time setup" mode was cause by my app trying to install Novacom drivers (for applicable OSes), which it wouldn't be able to do with a corrupted WebOSDoctor.jar file. (Just figured some of you may be curious why it happened)

I'd recommend those who used v1.2 to download WebOSDoctor to delete that webOSDoctor.jar file.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 07/29/2009 at 05:08 AM.
    sounds like a deal to me...

now where is the link for the v1.25? lol
    i hope this is the right one..i clicked on the same spot where you had the attachment file.

is that the new one (v1.25?)
  14.    #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by angelito View Post
    sounds like a deal to me...

now where is the link for the v1.25? lol
    See first post.

Mirror also here.
    I installed the Quick installer on Windows 7 and when I choose a .ipk and click install nothing, happens. I highlight the ipk and select "send file." Nothing happens. What could be wrong? My PC recognizes the Palm Pre and I'm in "Just Charge" mode. I followed your Windows 7 tutorial to a "T" and I'm baffled. By the way, after I removed that line in the MSI from WebOSdoctor, I had to re-compile the jar file, which isn't a small feet for a novice like myself. Fortunately, I remembered doing such a thing in college.
    having same problems as Shcherbatskaya.

windows 7 / 64bit
    I have the same exact gripe. Win7 64-bit and no install action! Damn! Lemme know if you hear of a solution.
  17.    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by banzr View Post
    I installed the Quick installer on Windows 7 and when I choose a .ipk and click install nothing, happens. I highlight the ipk and select "send file." Nothing happens. What could be wrong? My PC recognizes the Palm Pre and I'm in "Just Charge" mode. I followed your Windows 7 tutorial to a "T" and I'm baffled. By the way, after I removed that line in the MSI from WebOSdoctor, I had to re-compile the jar file, which isn't a small feet for a novice like myself. Fortunately, I remembered doing such a thing in college.
    Are you using v1.25? By the way, you don't need to recompile the edited MSI into the WebOSDoctor jar (just need to run the modded MSI to install it properly Is novacom running in Services.msc? If you doubleclick WebOSDoctor.jar, do you get a "corrupt file" error?
    ohhh, btw, now that you are doing quick replies...
    so i read that works with both usb, and emulator...but wich one should I choose...??
    or how does each one distinguishes?
    yess, it worked...

thanks again
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    ok, I have followed the instructions. I have everything running. When I click the .jar file It asks me which device I want to use, I choose "USB" hit ok, the dialog box goes away, but then nothing happens.

Thoughts?