Page 139 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3989129134135136137138139140141142143144149 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Ok if you on vista and having problems like me heres the solution!

1. download the webosquickinstall and save it in a folder
    2. download the webosdoctor and when the popup comes up and says save as whatever you must CHANGE THE NAME to "webosdoctor.jar" and save it in the same folder as the webosquickinstall. You must change the name from the start for some reason.
    3. you open the folder and click the webosquickinstall and it pops up. Now you have to get the novacom drivers. Go to file click options and click attempt novacom reinstallation
    4. put your phone in dev mode and plug it in
    5. click just charge.
    Step #2 worked like a charm! THANK YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Ok if you on vista and having problems like me heres the solution!

1. download the webosquickinstall and save it in a folder
    2. download the webosdoctor and when the popup comes up and says save as whatever you must CHANGE THE NAME to "webosdoctor.jar" and save it in the same folder as the webosquickinstall. You must change the name from the start for some reason.
    3. you open the folder and click the webosquickinstall and it pops up. Now you have to get the novacom drivers. Go to file click options and click attempt novacom reinstallation
    4. put your phone in dev mode and plug it in
    5. click just charge.
    This worked like a charm! I have been having such problems following all the great suggestions, but no luck until Step #2!
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    can't wait for the update
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    For some reason, I can't get the 4x4 icon mod to work on v.2.03. I had the 5x4 icon mod before I installed the v.2.03. When I put a check mark on 4x4 mod it doesn't do anything. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance.
    Is there anyone out there who knows how i can download FileCoaster. This is the message im getting when i tired to download it.

Oops, it looks like we've either misplaced the page you want, or haven't created it yet.

Perhaps you're interested in one of the following alternatives?
    Quote Originally Posted by sean113 View Post
    For some reason, I can't get the 4x4 icon mod to work on v.2.03. I had the 5x4 icon mod before I installed the v.2.03. When I put a check mark on 4x4 mod it doesn't do anything. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance.
    Do you still have the 5x4 icons on your Pre? If you do, try using 2.02 and remove them and then use 2.03 and install 4x4. It's worth a shot.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Do you still have the 5x4 icons on your Pre? If you do, try using 2.02 and remove them and then use 2.03 and install 4x4. It's worth a shot.
    I want to but the problem is I don't have the 2.02 anymore. Is anyone willing to send me the v.2.02 if you still have it. sean070880@msn.com. Thanks.
    I want to but the problem is I don't have the 2.02 anymore. Is anyone willing to send me the v.2.02 if you still have it. sean070880@msn.com. Thanks.
    So do you still have the 5x4 icons on your Pre?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    So do you still have the 5x4 icons on your Pre?
    Yes. I have checked and unchecked the 4x4 tweak but nothing happens.
    Yes. I have checked and unchecked the 4x4 tweak but nothing happens.
    Do any of the other tweaks work for you on 2.03?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Do any of the other tweaks work for you on 2.03?
    Yes. I have tried the "opacity" tweak and it worked but not the 4x4 tweak.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    hey, new user here, so be easy on me guys.

I DLed several apps with no problem, via WEBOS INSTALL > FileCoaster. i came across a problem.... "download fail...something something, not enough install....."

Not sure what it says after the "install" cuz the screen ended, but the dots after it lead me 2 believe there's more. Either way, i haven't been able to DL more apps.......

So.....is there a limit of some sort of how many apps can be DLed?
    Yes. I have tried the "opacity" tweak and it worked but not the 4x4 tweak.
    I'll look around when I get home. I might have 2.02 on my CPU somewhere. In the meantime, you might want to try and download WebOSquickinstall again from the very bottom of post #1 in this thread, just to rule out any partial patch corruption in your copy of 2.03 (you don't have to download webdr again, just quickinstall and make sure to put it in the same folder again with Webdr)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyata View Post
    I tried searching the thread for this but nothing came up. I'm getting the following error:
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

Anyone know what this means?
    same problem

What are you trying to do?
    trying to get webos going

Quote Originally Posted by kyata View Post
    Do you mean the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file? I already dled that. I clicked on that file, it asked me to dl the WebOSDoctor, I said yes, and then got the error. Looks like mkreese0 has the same problem.
    I used the direct download from sprint, seems to be fine now
    - Device: Palm Pre
    - Windows Vista Home Premium (32bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely: I believe I have...

I have downloaded the WebOS Quick Install v2.03
    I have Java trying to pull it up
    It will flash a boot screen and that is it.

I have installed apps using Prebrew... So I am not sure why I am having an issue here.

Any help is appreciated.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    I have downloaded WebOS Quick Install and all that good stuff, but when I try installing fileCoaster it says invalid or corrupt .jar file...or something along those lines.

HELP??
    How did you do this I'm having the same problem
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Please help!!! I finally decided to try Homebrew and I can't seem to get things right. I'm running Windows Vista 64. I have everything ready to go. When I plug my Pre in everything is good..... except it says it can't find the novacom drivers. Please help! What am I doing wrong and where are they? It seems like thats all I need. Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    It changes the transparency of the launcher background. If you set it a zero%, the launcher icons will look like they are floating when you press the launcher arrow and you can still see wallpaper on your phone. Drawback is that when you do a universal search, it's sometimes difficult to see what you're typing. I have mine set at 45-50%
    oh wow thanks its all makins sense to me now ......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mghtz View Post
    hey, new user here, so be easy on me guys.

I DLed several apps with no problem, via WEBOS INSTALL > FileCoaster. i came across a problem.... "download fail...something something, not enough install....."

Not sure what it says after the "install" cuz the screen ended, but the dots after it lead me 2 believe there's more. Either way, i haven't been able to DL more apps.......

So.....is there a limit of some sort of how many apps can be DLed?
    Can you post a screen shot of the error? Also, yes, currently there is a limit on how many apps your Pre can hold (although, I don't remember the number).

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    - Device: Palm Pre
    - Windows Vista Home Premium (32bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely: I believe I have...

I have downloaded the WebOS Quick Install v2.03
    I have Java trying to pull it up
    It will flash a boot screen and that is it.

I have installed apps using Prebrew... So I am not sure why I am having an issue here.

Any help is appreciated.
    Do you have WebOSquickinstall and WebDr in the same folder? Do you have the latest Java version? Is WebOS Quick Install detecting your device?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellecarmona View Post
    I have downloaded WebOS Quick Install and all that good stuff, but when I try installing fileCoaster it says invalid or corrupt .jar file...or something along those lines.

HELP??
    Can you post a screenshot of the error you're seeing? Also, are you behind a corporate firewall (trying to download and/or install at ur place of employment?) The repository sometimes can't connect when trying to get through corporate firewalls. Other users have seen this issue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBucks1 View Post
    Please help!!! I finally decided to try Homebrew and I can't seem to get things right. I'm running Windows Vista 64. I have everything ready to go. When I plug my Pre in everything is good..... except it says it can't find the novacom drivers. Please help! What am I doing wrong and where are they? It seems like thats all I need. Thanks in advance.
    Go to your add/remove programs, look for Novacom in the listing (about 5.5MB). If it IS listed,

1) First uninstall it (might be corrupted and overwriting it with a new install before uninstalling sometimes doesn't work). After you uninstall it, do the following:

2) WebOS Quick Install > File > Options > Attempt Novacom Re-installation

If it's not listed at all, just do #2 above.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 09/08/2009 at 05:08 PM.