Page 138 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3888128133134135136137138139140141142143148 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #2741  
    I just tried the "change dialer background" tweak, applied the appropriate files, clicked "SET" and nothing happened? HELP!!
  2. #2742  
    I was one of the nerds at 11am pacific time waiting on Jason to release 2.3 and i went through all 3 updates he did that night including the 4 zip files. With that said I came across a few issues that I apologize for not mentioning this before but it could be crucial to installing updated versions of WebOS Quitck Install or applying any SMS tweaks.

    1. My first issue was that I could not delete text messages from the conversation so i knew i would come across something similar to the sms bug which hides all your conversations and the only way to deal with that is by typing in the name of your contact and it will bring up the conversation, once it comes up, you have to go in to it and delete 1 text at a time, you can speed that process up by swiping 1 after the other no need to hit delete it will do it when you swipe the next one automatically and just hit delete on the last one.

    2. when you are done deleting all text the only way you will be able to access future conversations is by either deleting every contact that was in your list which i find it to be a pain or an easier way, if you have google contacts install as one of your accounts go ahead and remove it then add it again.


    3. now you can go ahead and unchecked all the new tweaks you have apply, reboot your phone and try again.


    if you cant access any of your text because you have the wsd, unchecked all your tweaks then try the 4 zip files. after that if its back to normal make sure you can access your text and start with step 1-2

    Personally before doing any update I would make sure all my text are deleted an undo all tweaks.

    Hope this helps some of you who are still having problem with the sms tweaks.

    Sorry my grammar is not the best so I will try to edit this to make it as legible as possible.
    Last edited by miguelchin36; 09/08/2009 at 11:45 AM.
  3. #2743  
    Quote Originally Posted by kyata View Post
    Install this WebOS program. I just clicked yes to dl WebOSDoctor and this popped up. Before this I installed the latest version of Java (version 6 update 16).
    Try the link at the very bottom of the post#1, near the end of the post.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  4. #2744  
    Quote Originally Posted by SHODriver01 View Post
    I just tried the "change dialer background" tweak, applied the appropriate files, clicked "SET" and nothing happened? HELP!!
    Did your phone GUI restart? Is WebOS Quick Install seeing your device? Did you use .png images?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5. #2745  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Did your phone GUI restart? Is WebOS Quick Install seeing your device? Did you use .png images?
    GUI? Yes the program is seeing my phone and yes i am using png files.
  6. #2746  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Try the link at the very bottom of the post#1, near the end of the post.
    Do you mean the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file? I already dled that. I clicked on that file, it asked me to dl the WebOSDoctor, I said yes, and then got the error. Looks like mkreese0 has the same problem.
  7. #2747  
    I even just updated to Quick Install 2.03 and it still isn't working. The other tweaks are working when I apply them, but not the "Change Dialer Background" tweak. I have all of the appropriate files and following the instructions to a T, but nothing is happening. Is the device suppose to reset when you apply this tweak? Thank you!v
  8. #2748  
    Do the png files have to be in a certain spot for them to get applied? I have them on my desktop on my mac.
  9. #2749  
    Where the hell do you download WebOS Quick Install??? I see everything but i don't see a link to down the actual App
  10. #2750  
    guess i had to make a post first.. I see it now
  11. #2751  
    Can anyone give me step by step instructions to apply a background for the dialer? I am trying everything in the tweaks option, have the files on my desktop on my mac and it isn't working.
  12. #2752  
    Now, when I am trying to do the avatar tweak, it isn't accepting the picture I want. It is a PNG file. Does it have to be a certain size or how do I get it applied through WebOS Quick Install?
  13. #2753  
    It is saying "ERROR 4" (no such file or directory)
  14. #2754  
    Trying to get the tweek for add/delete launcher pages but get instantly my phone reboots...then when it cones up get error 21 followed by error 3 (both Connection Refused)...does the tweek page only uninstall these?
  15. illfill's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #2755  
    i just want to know what changing the "opacity" of the launcher does in the tweaks menu ??????
  16. #2756  
    When I click on the webosquickinstall.jar the message comes up saying I need WebOSdoctor. I click yes and then choose Sprint. It then briefly starts downloading then I get the following error message.
    java.io.filenotfoundexcpeption:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks!
  17. #2757  
    Quote Originally Posted by brookshumphreys View Post
    When I click on the webosquickinstall.jar the message comes up saying I need WebOSdoctor. I click yes and then choose Sprint. It then briefly starts downloading then I get the following error message.
    java.io.filenotfoundexcpeption:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks!
    I am receiving the same error message. It appears that the WebOSdoctor file on the Sprint server is either down or has been removed. Is there another source for this?

    ** EDIT: I clicked the direct download from Sprint on This Page and it is downloading.
  18. #2758  
    Quote Originally Posted by SHODriver01 View Post
    GUI? Yes the program is seeing my phone and yes i am using png files.
    By GUI I mean did the phone reset itself after you applied the change?

    Quote Originally Posted by kyata View Post
    Do you mean the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file? I already dled that. I clicked on that file, it asked me to dl the WebOSDoctor, I said yes, and then got the error. Looks like mkreese0 has the same problem.
    Are you behind a corporate firewall (are you at work?) This usually happens when ppl try to dl it at work (server security settings don't allow it). Does it work if you dl from this link:

    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar

    I just clicked on the above link and it works for me. I get the prompt to download Webdr. Ppl trying to download this at work have had issues doing so (corporate firewalls, etc).

    Quote Originally Posted by SHODriver01 View Post
    I even just updated to Quick Install 2.03 and it still isn't working. The other tweaks are working when I apply them, but not the "Change Dialer Background" tweak. I have all of the appropriate files and following the instructions to a T, but nothing is happening. Is the device suppose to reset when you apply this tweak? Thank you!v
    Yes, once you apply the tweak, the GUI on the phone will reset it (you'll see the palm logo on the phone, etc). Hard to say why yours doesn't work? Have you tried rebooting your Pre and your PC and then trying the install again?

    Quote Originally Posted by SHODriver01 View Post
    Do the png files have to be in a certain spot for them to get applied? I have them on my desktop on my mac.
    No they don't have to be in a certain spot. What is the behavior you're seeing once you apply the tweak? Is your phone GUI resetting (does it look like a phone reset?). Does the image change at all on your dialer?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  19. #2759  
    Quote Originally Posted by illfill View Post
    i just want to know what changing the "opacity" of the launcher does in the tweaks menu ??????
    It changes the transparency of the launcher background. If you set it a zero%, the launcher icons will look like they are floating when you press the launcher arrow and you can still see wallpaper on your phone. Drawback is that when you do a universal search, it's sometimes difficult to see what you're typing. I have mine set at 45-50%
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  20. #2760  
    Quote Originally Posted by SHODriver01 View Post
    Now, when I am trying to do the avatar tweak, it isn't accepting the picture I want. It is a PNG file. Does it have to be a certain size or how do I get it applied through WebOS Quick Install?
    The avatar tweak is hit and miss with some. It might not work for you. It really doesn't have to be a certain size but some ppl are seeing the avatar not render correctly (scaling issue) with their Pre's. Does your text messaging still work? When you apply the tweak, does your phone GUI restart (in other words, does the phone look like it's resetting)?


    Edit* Ooops, just saw your second post. What you need to do is close WebOS Quick Install, restart your phone and restart WebOS Quick install. If that doesn't work, add a restart to your PC.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!

Posting Permissions