Page 136 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3686126131132133134135136137138139140141146 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    First of all, let me say that to me, this program is like gravity - I am truly thankful for it, fear and love it, and do not understand THING ONE about it, I am just glad it works!

That being said, the past two days I have been getting an "Error downloading package feed" error followed by an "Invalid feed URL" error when trying to load anything on the Ipkg Repository Viewer.

I've read as many pages as my brain can handle, but I don't see this issue addressed.

Anyone have any thoughts on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    I don't know if this will actually help anyone, but for people using vista who are having problems with QuickInstall, make sure that the folder you are downloading it to has permission to change the files. Otherwise you may have problems with everything from the webos doctor file download to installing tweaks and apps with QuickInstall.
    this is the kind of insightful tip that makes belonging to this thread a joy !!!!

(helps to put up with reading others asking the same damn question over and over and over and over again)
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Jason,

I have a thread in another section about the removal of tweaks with QuickInstall pertaining to 1.2, I apologize if this has been discussed here already There are simply too many posts to go through.

If palm 1.2 update adds lines of code and you didnt remove a tweak will you still be able to remove the Tweak after 1.2.

Does your system remove by removing a specific code or does it remove by line?

Please explain how your system works.

BTW great program!
    yes this has been covered several time...

perhaps you might want to try the search feature.
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by woodleydog View Post
    First of all, let me say that to me, this program is like gravity - I am truly thankful for it, fear and love it, and do not understand THING ONE about it, I am just glad it works!

That being said, the past two days I have been getting an "Error downloading package feed" error followed by an "Invalid feed URL" error when trying to load anything on the Ipkg Repository Viewer.

I've read as many pages as my brain can handle, but I don't see this issue addressed.

Anyone have any thoughts on it?
    One thing mentioned previously had to do with being behind a firewall/proxy server as in most work environments. The feed site might be blocked by the corporate gods.
    Irish
  5.    #2705  
    FYI, a heads up for those interested, the new update will be out by the upcoming weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    FYI, a heads up for those interested, the new update will be out by the upcoming weekend
    Can't wait!!! Keep up the fantastic work!!

(btw, have you gotten your Pre yet??)
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    so u cant give us any "clues" of wuts gonna be added? and by early this week or close to next weekend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    yes this has been covered several time...

perhaps you might want to try the search feature.
    Perhaps you should reread my post! Ive searched and there are already hundreds of posts on 1.2 and since your name isnt Jason and I didnt ask a general question, I directed it directly to the developer maybe you should let him answer.

I posted here instead of pming him so more people would get the info as well.

Quit padding your post count and let the op answer the question asked of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    One thing mentioned previously had to do with being behind a firewall/proxy server as in most work environments. The feed site might be blocked by the corporate gods.
    Appreciate the response.

It's on my home network, though...
    Perhaps you should reread my post! Ive searched and there are already hundreds of posts on 1.2
    I apologize if this has been discussed here already There are simply too many posts to go through.
    Actually your post said there were too many to go through, and nothing about any search.

and since your name isnt Jason and I didnt ask a general question, I directed it directly to the developer maybe you should let him answer.

I posted here instead of pming him so more people would get the info as well.
    This is an open forum. And since some of us actually read the posts, we know that the questions have been addressed multiple times. I know your time is more valuable than the rest of ours, but personally I'd prefer Jason spent his time in development, rather than answering the same old questions once again.

Quit padding your post count and let the op answer the question asked of him.
    Is there $$$ paid for post count? I'd prefer less posts which would be the case if people read/searched before submitting yet another post.
    Irish
    Ladies.....!!!!!!
    ok i am totally new to tall this and i have been trying to get this done since i got my pre on friday and i am my wits end i toiled and searched through this massive unwieldy thread and have gotten almost all the way done with this process but i am now at the point where i cant finish because my pc wont recognize my pre in dev mode and quick install wont detect it at all regardless of mode i am on a old dell with xp on it please help me guide me any one i am just too frustrated and frazzled to go on please
    Ok, I'm new here and totally lost with the PRE. I tried to load the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file and It says I need WebOSDoctor to run it. I hit yes and jet a error message! I even loadred the webdoctor the the WebOSQuickInstall.jar and still get an error message. Can you please help.
    can u explain how to do this to people who have no knowledge of computer slang and are basically computer idiots because everytime i try to download this i get an error message so if u can please give me a step by step solution it would be great
    Quote Originally Posted by aangelet View Post
    Ok, I'm new here and totally lost with the PRE. I tried to load the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file and It says I need WebOSDoctor to run it. I hit yes and jet a error message! I even loadred the webdoctor the the WebOSQuickInstall.jar and still get an error message. Can you please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by dzairi93 View Post
    can u explain how to do this to people who have no knowledge of computer slang and are basically computer idiots because everytime i try to download this i get an error message so if u can please give me a step by step solution it would be great
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1875322

See how easy that was Irish
    For those of you needing help, please start with POST #1. Most of the information, including step by step instructions and a troubleshooting guide are all located in post #1. As Jason has stated before (and in post #1), please provide the following:

- Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include XP, Vista or Win7 and 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely

Many of us help out on the forums to allow Jason to develop. Most of us can answer questions about setup, configuration and troubleshooting. However, please start at post #1 and please take your time reading that post. WebOS Quick Install will still be here. We're glad to help those who have tried to help themselves first and post the required information. Thanks again forum members and please remember to thank Jason and the other developers. WebOS Quick Install makes the Pre a really awesome device!!!
    Last edited by Achill3s; 09/08/2009 at 09:28 AM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    For those of you needing help, please start with POST #1. Most of the information, including step by step instructions and a troubleshooting guide are all located in post #1. As Jason has stated before (and in post #1), please provide the following:

- Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)

Many of us help out on the forums to allow Jason to develop. Most of us can answer questions about setup, configuration and troubleshooting. However, please start at post #1 and please take your time reading that post. WebOS Quick Install will still be here. We're glad to help those who have tried to help themselves first and post the required information. Thanks again forum members and please remember to thank Jason and the other developers. WebOS Quick Install makes the Pre a really awesome device!!!
    ALL NEWBIES>>>>>>PLEASE REMEMBER TO READ AND SEARCH B4 POSTING....Thank you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post

- Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)

I'm really not trying to sound like a smart *** but if youre here to help jason by answering questions so he can continue to develop (BTW I think thats great) could you please answer this one for me?

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1876246

Thanks Doug
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Are the tweaks in WebOS Quick install the same as D2Globals's HOW TO's? If I am going to use the tweeks from WebOS QI, should I remove D2globals patches first?

Thanks
    I'm really not trying to sound like a smart *** but if youre here to help jason by answering questions so he can continue to develop (BTW I think thats great) could you please answer this one for me?

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1876246

Thanks Doug
    One thing I've noticed is that Novacom will sometimes not overwrite itself if it is initially corrupted somehow. Uninstall Novacom (add/remove) programs, then open up Quick Install (File > options > Reinstall Novacom)

See if that works. I'm better with the XP setups but try that just in case it's that issue. Win7 is still too new a beast and I've yet to play with that version of Windows but hopefully soon.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!