Page 133 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3383123128129130131132133134135136137138143183 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    The tweaks seem a little squirrely to me, i.e. sometimes they take, sometimes they don't.

Also can someone answer the following:
    1. Why change wallpaper only pulls up pngs. Wallpapers can be jpgs too... I think.
    2. In Lock Screen background tweak, what does
    Scroll Fade
    &
    List Section Line
    do?

Thank you.
    Jan Rifkinson
    Ridgefield CT USA
    Is there a way we can rename WebOSDoctor to something else besides .jar, then reference that from WebOSQuickInstall.jar instead? That would prevent the accidental launching of Doctor. I have been very careful but it is easy to click that if you are not paying attention.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Is there a way we can rename WebOSDoctor to something else besides .jar, then reference that from WebOSQuickInstall.jar instead? That would prevent the accidental launching of Doctor. I have been very careful but it is easy to click that if you are not paying attention.
    Even if you accidentally launch WebOSDoctor, you have to click through at least 4 screens before you get to the point where it restores the phone to factory settings, so I don't see how anyone can "accidentally" restore their Pre if they are paying attention. (Edit: if that's what you were referring to.)

Still, I don't know what plans Jason has for the next version but I believe it's going to jump straight to 3.0, so he may have a few surprises for us!
    Last edited by Trekker; 09/07/2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Added clarification
    did yu make that Steelers avatar i kno its off subject but that is the best icon ive seen ever so much swagg lol
    Create a shortcut to WebOSQuick Install... drag it to your Windows Quick Start Menu
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Create a shortcut to WebOSQuick Install... drag it to your Windows Quick Start Menu
    Or Desktop..or anywhere you like. Good tip!
    does it matter if i use the bell webos doctor cause the sprint one wont run with quickinstall. And i already tried downloading it from the alternate site this in not working.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    I get this problem now also the sprint webos doctor doesnt download.
    The solution has been mentioned over and over again.

Here it is again:

Use this link instead (located on page 1 of this thread) and download it to same folder as the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file.

Then double click on WebOSQuickInstall.jar.
    Yea i've read your solution already and tried it and it doesnt work.
    I have a MAC but i can't seem to be able to download Quick install can anyone help me out
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Yea i've read your solution already and tried it and it doesnt work.
    What OS are you using?

1) Create a new folder. Download this file and this file into the folder. It should look like this:

Then double click on the WebOSQuickInstall.jar and the GUI should open so that it looks like this:

You will then notice that the folder that you downloaded the 2 files into now looks like this:

Edit: If you are still having problems, try renaming the webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar file to WebOSDoctor.jar after downloading it and then double click on WebOSQuickInstall.jar

In the future, just click on WebOSQuickInstall.jar to launch it. Don't touch the WebOSDoctor.jar file unless you want to reset your phone to the factory settings.

One last thing, if you have Sprint, then you should use the Sprint download and not Bell.
    Last edited by Trekker; 09/07/2009 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Added another step
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Well I am an ***** myself , I clicked away while watching a t.v show and reset everything . So It can happen .... oh well I guess I just have to start over hate losing all my pics , videos , emails , texts , tweaks, apps , I did learn my lesson though , maybe I wil have fun rereading the different posts and figuiring otu how to get my phone back were it was .
    Quote Originally Posted by mgonzalez001 View Post
    I have a MAC but i can't seem to be able to download Quick install can anyone help me out
    I don't have a MAC (at least one that's hooked up) but first you'll need to read the troubleshooting guide from the very first page of this thread, or click here.

If you still have issues, you are going to have to be more specific when reporting them.
    ---Not familiar with computer techy things like this nor familiar with palm products.

This is my first and I now I have a Pre. Great phone but I am so helpless on here. I also have my girlfriend (who got the phone same day as I) on my case about all this so I'm in a bit of a jam.

I did the root process and in developer mode, my laptop with Vista can't seem to download the WebOSquickinstaller. I keep getting this...

java.io.FileNotFoundException:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

My laptop has highest level of java after verifying it and downloading it. Yep did that and now wtf mate?
    I'm helpless and trying not to lose hope. I think this laptop is the 64bit version. Not even sure how to tell but I think I remember the store telling me that.
    HP Pavilion dv5-1-2nr. (my laptop)
    Anyways, what the heck am I doing wrong?

Signed,
    Undoubtedly the most clueless guy on all computer forums.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Tried ti the way you said with the file in the folder and double clicking and I get a Java virtual machine launcher : Invaild or corrupt .jar file . Using vista 32 bit. Any suggestions ?
    Quote Originally Posted by HeySpec5 View Post
    java.io.FileNotFoundException:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

Anyways, what the heck am I doing wrong?
    Not reading before posting. Try reading a few posts before yours or even going back a few pages. You would be surprised how many times your question has been asked and answered, in the past several pages alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    Tried ti the way you said with the file in the folder and double clicking and I get a Java virtual machine launcher : Invaild or corrupt .jar file . Using vista 32 bit. Any suggestions ?
    I know people have been issues with Vista...I'm using XP. When you download the files into the folder, do they have a .jar extension? Do they look like the ones in the picture I posted?

One guy was using Vista and IE8 to download the files and it was download as a .zip(rar) extension instead of a .jar extension. He then used Firefox and it downloaded it correctly.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick reply , I check the folder again and had a smaller WebOs quick install .jar something like a 200kbs so I downloaded it again got the 900kb file added it to the folder and voila !! got it working again . Now back to the fun , still regretting losing all those pictures I didnt back up and lost on the reset..
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    still regretting losing all those pictures I didnt back up and lost on the reset..
    If you take any good ones you want to keep, you can instantly upload them to photobucket until you get a chance to back them up to your PC.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    The whole tweaks thing rock but is there anyway to make it so the tweak is not applied or removed until we choose so that we may add and remove multiple ones at a time?